MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

So, its all gone a bit exciting, but im desperate to not get TOO hopeful.

Tusker now says 'build slot confirmed', yet STILL quotes Dec as delivery date.
MG dealer have said 'waiting for it to land, then we will arrange delivery', and MG contact centre have said itll be with me 'by end of Nov'.

Until I have the key, and the car on my drive, I am trying to keep calm....

Last edited:
Hi, Just joined ordered mine MG ZS EV Trophy long range in white on 14th March 2022, been told maybe February 23, fingers crossed although keep getting different stories from the dealer in Darlington, they are not the most helpful, would not know anything if you don't go in, never been contacted by them.
Well the good news is you're not alone. Last time I heard from them was 6+ months ago, near on a week after I'd left message 😅.

So, its all gone a bit exciting, but im desperate to not get TOO hopeful.

Tusker now says 'build slot confirmed', yet STILL quotes Dec as delivery date.
MG dealer have said 'waiting for it to land, then we will arrange delivery', and MG contact centre have said itll be with me 'by end of Nov'.

Until I have the key, and the car on my drive with its flap open for you all, I am trying to keep calm....
It's so hard not to get your hopes up after all this time though - once this is all over you can breathe a sigh of relief. I think I'd rather just get a call when it's at the dealership 😅.

The cars can take up to a month to move from Portbury to dealers apparently. They need to fill 9 dealer cars on a transporter before it can be sent.

Gosh. But what happens if a particular dealership hasn’t got 9 orders outstanding? Surely it’s possible for a transporter to deliver a few cars to one place, before driving to the next?

Gosh. But what happens if a particular dealership hasn’t got 9 orders outstanding? Surely it’s possible for a transporter to deliver a few cars to one place, before driving to the next?
Nope. Apparently the transporter won’t leave Bristol until it has 9 cars for that particular dealership. MG- cheap prices, rubbish logistics.

The cars can take up to a month to move from Portbury to dealers apparently. They need to fill 9 dealer cars on a transporter before it can be sent.
Naturally, I mean we've only been waiting 10+ months what's another month? Regardless, it's not as if it's an expensive purchase that anyone is in any hurry about...

Driving home up the M1 around about the Mansfield junction I overtook a transporter full of MG ZS - identified by the alloys. Saw a couple in blue and at least 1 white. Got excited the white could be mine but then though surely my dealer would of told me of it was on route.

Ordered a Tesla model Y this evening, the entry level model has dropped by 10 k in Ireland in the past month due to the price reduction by Tesla reducing price to under 60 k which then makes it eligible for government grant, the ZS was now unavailable, the 4 too small for what I want it for and the 5 facelift being too pricey in my view

Sorry MG but I was patient for a year

Ordered a Tesla model Y this evening, the entry level model has dropped by 10 k in Ireland in the past month due to the price reduction by Tesla reducing price to under 60 k which then makes it eligible for government grant, the ZS was now unavailable, the 4 too small for what I want it for and the 5 facelift being too pricey in my view

Sorry MG but I was patient for a year
I don't blame you, I would do the same if in your position. How long will you have to wait?

I don't blame you, I would do the same if in your position. How long will you have to wait?
Add to that the Irish government are reducing the EV grant next july so now was a good opportunity to buy this particular Tesla, we have two cars at all times so perhaps my wife or I will get an MG down the line , we don’t really need the big diesel SUV we have as the main family car so the Tesla model Y might well fill in for it

Nope. Apparently the transporter won’t leave Bristol until it has 9 cars for that particular dealership. MG- cheap prices, rubbish logistics.
Not sure that is true. I received mine last Monday.
When it was dropped off at the dealership there were only 3 cars for that particular dealer.

Driving home up the M1 around about the Mansfield junction I overtook a transporter full of MG ZS - identified by the alloys. Saw a couple in blue and at least 1 white. Got excited the white could be mine but then though surely my dealer would of told me of it was on route.
Not necessarily, my dealer knew mine was due to arrive in a two week window but only knew it had actually arrived when the transporter turned up at the dealership.

Ordered 17th November 2021, email from dealer this morning to say car (Trophy LR Monument Silver) is there and undergoing preparation, picking it up on Sunday, 4 days short of a full year!
That’s exactly what I ordered in January congratulations you have waited long enough , please post photograph as ordered monument silver without seeing it , happy driving.

My brother has been waiting for months and months for his silver Trophy LR to arrive.
He called his dealer a few days ago, to be told that the car is awaiting transport.
The dealer said in this situation, it can take about 1 to 2 weeks to arrive at the dealership.
I assume from this, that the car is sat at one of the docks in the U.K. awaiting a transporter ??.
P.S. - He has been in possession of a VIN number for the car, for a good few months now.
Fingers crossed for my brother, that it gets here, this side of Christmas 🎄 2022 !.

Mg have contacted my dealer told them it won't be coming anytime soon there is long delays also been messed about with the HS so cancelled the lot and got my money back got the brand new nissan quashqai coming first week of December easy straight forward process

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom