MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hi all - Just had an email from Tusker leasing telling me that MG have effectively STOPPED PRODUCTION of ZS EV :-
"The Factories have received unprecedented requests and we have been advised that this will mean a significant delay and the manufacturer will be unable to fulfil 45% of worldwide order requests, with the ongoing supply shortages for semi-conductors also being a contributing factor.

MG have advised that any order that was placed from June will be affected; we have identified your order as one of these.
"

After speaking to Tusker, they say that MG has prioritised production of the MG 4 until further notice.

For a start, I placed my order of a LR Trophy in red exactly 1 year to the day ago - 6th April 2022 !!
Tusker have suggested that I would be better ordering an MG 4 but their monthly cost is 35% more than my existing order (this is a salary sacrifice deal). Oh and it has to black or white! No red (or orange).

After waiting for exactly 12 months and watching my colleagues receive their Teslas, Polestars, etc. months ago; shall we say I was slightly miffed - (read INCANDECENT !)

Okay - I could accept an MG 4, but not in black or white - it would annoy me every time I looked at it. But to increase the price by well over £125!!!

Anyone else heard anything similar? I know there's semi-conductor problems, but my local dealer has offered me a car (in stock) 3 times whilst I've been waiting on Tusker dragging their heels.

Off to test drive an MG 4 tomorrow and then have to make a decision - do I wait and hope will finally fulfil my ZS EV order or find a better deal for an MG 4 Trophy. It will be interesting to see what the dealers take on this is !
I'm personally sceptical about these letters, as long as you're waiting the company aren't making any money off you. I know that I can go into my dealer here in ireland and order a zs tomorrow. The zs and the mg 4 are made in different factories in different cities based on different platforms so there should be no crossover of parts.
As for the mg4 I test drove one while I was waiting for my zs, nice car, liked the rear wheel drive but found the seat uncomfortable. Also you can see where they've cut corners over the zs And its the little things that stand out, like the missing USB port by the interior mirror for the dash cam. And they want to charge you more for a less expensive car? How does that work.

I'm personally sceptical about these letters, as long as you're waiting the company aren't making any money off you. I know that I can go into my dealer here in ireland and order a zs tomorrow. The zs and the mg 4 are made in different factories in different cities based on different platforms so there should be no crossover of parts.
As for the mg4 I test drove one while I was waiting for my zs, nice car, liked the rear wheel drive but found the seat uncomfortable. Also you can see where they've cut corners over the zs And its the little things that stand out, like the missing USB port by the interior mirror for the dash cam. And they want to charge you more for a less expensive car? How does that work.
I tend to Agree mg and the salary sacrifice agent will take a hit due to the price changes though pricing of electric vehicles is falling due to tesla.

Dealers are obviously getting to maximise returns I would suspect there is refresh of the zs mainly around battery so it's similar to mg4/5 due as well so mg could be trying to convince dealerships to pull orders outstanding for that

An April 22 order should be expecting July 23 delivery (ish). You can still order the car in other parts of the world, so.... It's a hard decision. If you don't need a new car immediately and you really like the zs (or the deal), hold out for the deal you've got!

When the MG4 was launched last year, MG said that it would be their oldest EV model by 2025.
Which in some cases makes sense ie they have refreshed zs based on new battery platform have only parts or batteries ordered for 6k cars and want to reorganise factory's to be able to produce all their line up being more efficient in production.

Real key to it is mg should say if that's the case instead of keeping quiet

They are very secretive over their plans.
E.G. - They released the MG5 and within only a few months they updated the model with more features, for a similar price point, leaving early adopters feeling very angry.

Latest update from the dealer is my LR Trophy is at sea due to arrive on 29th June.
Nearly 3 months sounds like a very long boat journey!!
Is that correct?
It's around 6 weeks at sea, followed by waiting at Portbury docks to find a truck driver heading towards your dealership.

MG have really screwed up when it comes to the ZS EV.
A great car, for the money, which should have had literally thousands of drivers telling people how good MGs are now.
Instead they've now got thousands of drivers telling people to avoid them.

I'm sure the MG4 is a fine car but I doubt that many people, who were buying the ZS, have jumped to that as an alternative. I suspect most have either given up on EVs for the moment, or gone elsewhere. And they'll undoubtedly tell people about their experience.

I may look at MG when it comes to replacing the current car, but it'll be low on the list now.

I'm sure the MG4 is a fine car but I doubt that many people, who were buying the ZS, have jumped to that as an alternative.
I know that some have, but I agree with you 100%.
The MG4 and the ZS are two completely different cars in SO many ways.
One a cross over with a higher ride height and the MG4 is a lower ride height hatch.

I know that some have, but I agree with you 100%.
The MG4 and the ZS are two completely different cars in SO many ways.
One a cross over with a higher ride height and the MG4 is a lower ride height hatch.
Agree. The MG4 is a nice looking car, but Her Indoors needs the higher ride height now as she has mobility issues. The ZS is the perfect height for getting in and out.

Happy Days.

13 months wait.
As I said before, 5 weeks ago it was showing as TBA.
If you are waiting, keep on in there and don't cancel or take another colour, as the order status sheet is useless.
MGZS CT.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom