MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I thought the car could do 273 miles of mixed driving.
What was your miles/kwh?
Thanks
It was pretty much all motorway. All in standard mode and driving as I would in any other car. Miles/kwh was about 2.9 but since we got home and been town driving its up at 3.8 and seems to be climbing

Yes I belive that's right,I got a call on 10th of Feb to say it was at sea and that was All the info I got.so no idea when it will get here
My dealer recons they don't know until they land in the uk but if your dealer is correct would assume your vechicle was on the viking adventure so could be any day know fingers crossed 🤞

Bad news for me this morning 😞
I just made the dreaded phone call to Arnold Clark in Glasgow as we've had zero updates since we placed the order for the Blue long range Trophy on 15th Jan. Estimated delivery was 25th April. I've been hoping no news was good news. He's just told me that it's pushed back to June!!
He went to great lengths to tell me that they've placed so many orders for these cars that Arnold Clark have been told not to place any more orders for them as MG can't keep up with it!!
So, right now I'm disgusted that they haven't bothered to contact me to tell me that the car I ordered with a wait of 3 months still has a wait of 3 months and we're 2 months further down the line!!!
So if I wait another 2 months for the next update will I be told yet again that I have to wait a further 3 months? I need a plan B.
So if anybody knows of any brand new Standard Range stock anywhere in the UK please let me know. In fact I might just start a new thread for that.
I'm the kind of guy who buys what's available to buy now, not rely on promises from salesmen, so I need to start shopping all over again.
Check with Hendy's Exeter. They may have one or two if its not already sold.

I'm patiently waiting and not getting drawn into the ship spotting, hope my car's on Viking *****.

One question is vexing though. Why are the SR models seemingly coming through quicker and in apparently greater volume than the LR models. Was it a MG marketing ploy? Advertise the LR strongly and trickle through supply whilst releasing the SR later in the day, having lots of stock already produced and ready to send straight to dealers?

Or, is it something to do with battery availability? Do MG have lots of batteries used in the SR available but not such a supply or availability of the LR batteries. I'm not sure if the chemical make up is of each but I know they are chemically different.

It shouldn't be a chip issue because I presume the chips in the LR and SR are the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
418C87D0-A70D-43A6-B22F-44DE75EEE26F.jpg
So if anybody knows of any brand new Standard Range stock anywhere in the UK please let me know. In fact I might just start a new thread for that.
I'm the kind of guy who buys what's available to buy now, not rely on promises from salesmen, so I need to start shopping all over again.
This maybe to far for you travel ( Warrington ).
But I have found a SR SE and LR Trophy Connect, both with 10 miles on the clock.
Pre registered to the dealer and both in silver.

F010AFC2-EA1E-4434-87DC-4EB7CCEB94A0.jpg

I'm patiently waiting and not getting drawn into the ship spotting, hope my car's on Viking *****.

One question is vexing though. Why are the SR models seemingly coming through quicker and in apparently greater volume than the LR models. Was it a MG marketing ploy? Advertise the LR strongly and trickle through supply whilst releasing the SR later in the day, having lots of stock already produced and ready to send straight to dealers?

Or, is it something to do with battery availability? Do MG have lots of batteries used in the SR available but not such a supply or availability of the LR batteries. I'm not sure if the chemical make up is of each but I know they are chemically different.

It shouldn't be a chip issue because I presume the chips in the LR and SR are the same?
Different BMS, different electronic hardware and different chips. A combination of things unfortunately. Also Connect has voice modules to add to that.

Miles has agreed that this was always the plan, send out the first batch of SZ EV’s to attract orders.
Roughly 150 dealers in the country and majority received two cars etc.
A big number of Trophy I-Connects to show off the new rang and features.
Very few cars would be offered to customers from this first wave.
Then, release the SR version a few months after to gain orders for this model.
I guess the shipment of SR models had already been set up to go and then BOOM the chip shortage hit hard, delaying orders.
Miles also stated, that a small number of both SR’s and standard Trophy’s could possibly be shipped, because they demanded less modules / chips than the Trophy 🏆 I-Connect.
So, he said if you have I-Connect on order, there is going to be a delay unfortunately.
If you ordered a I-Connect before the grant got cut, and a standard Trophy 🏆 became available, you can not switch out your order without losing the higher rate of discount pre reduction of the PICG grant.
The model ordered is locked into the grant at the time of ordering.
The only thing that is NOT stated on the grant form, is the colour !.
E.G. - If you ordered a white Trophy I-Connect and a black car was made available, you could switch out the colour but not the model, with out losing the extra discount pre-reduction after the budget.

Hi , we are waiting for our mg zs long range since November 21, with all that's going on in the world now , we are starting to have worries about supple of spare parts and resale value in the future. Especially if China starts to openly support Russia, has anyone any thoughts.
To be totally honest, I think all makers are going to struggle for both cars and spares for a while now !.
MG spares parts supply is not great, this is very true.
Sometimes luck 🍀 pays a big part in the situation.
If you encounter a parts failure and the item is held in the MG U.K. stores, then you are only waiting a couple of days.
If the parts need to come from China, then you are looking at a couple of weeks.
Some parts on the ICE model are comparable with the ZS EV.
But certain items are exclusive to the EV model.
There is a delay, almost straight away.
I was speaking to a lady who works at a car hire company a few weeks ago.
She said a lot of their fleet where stuck at the dealers, awaiting parts.
Not all the same car or make either !.

I just made the dreaded phone call to Arnold Clark in Glasgow as we've had zero updates since we placed the order for the Blue long range Trophy on 15th Jan. Estimated delivery was 25th April. I've been hoping no news was good news. He's just told me that it's pushed back to June!!
He went to great lengths to tell me that they've placed so many orders for these cars that Arnold Clark have been told not to place any more orders for them as MG can't keep up with it!!
So, right now I'm disgusted that they haven't bothered to contact me to tell me that the car I ordered with a wait of 3 months still has a wait of 3 months and we're 2 months further down the line!!!
So if I wait another 2 months for the next update will I be told yet again that I have to wait a further 3 months? I need a plan B.
I found an SR Trophy on the MG website a few weeks ago. I cancelled my order placed elsewhere which was being pushed back and back. I am picking it up before the end of March now from Coventry. I am confident in that date as they have VINs etc, which they only get when delivery is imminent.

Looking at the site, looks like they may still have some avaialble

Picked the ZS EV Trophy up on Tuesday. Experience at the dealership a breeze. Had dramas with my insurance company refusing to insure me on the car so had to change company. Car did the 260 mile journey home beautifully. One stop to feed us and the car and got home with 40%. Cars been a range monster around town since then and all was great until today. Just popped to Asda and getting an airbag fault. 😡
Congrats on getting your new shiny car and hope the minor niggle goes away soon.

This was supposedly my exact spec car that Chorley group gave to you offering as a swap from a free white colour (probably so they can make some money on metallic paint), don’t think I am getting mine anytime soon - shame on Chorley group playing with customers and randomly allocating cars than matching existing customer orders first.

When I pushed them - was offered their demo LR for roughly £3k more if I want a car soon - utter nonsense. All seems to be a ploy to make bit more money wherever they can.

Arnold Clark Glasgow had standard range available. We cancelled order LR orders x2 from the week before you to go for two SR cars. Pick them up this week.

Congrats on getting your new shiny car and hope the minor niggle goes away soon.

This was supposedly my exact spec car that Chorley group gave to you offering as a swap from a free white colour (probably so they can make some money on metallic paint), don’t think I am getting mine anytime soon - shame on Chorley group playing with customers and randomly allocating cars than matching existing customer orders first.

When I pushed them - was offered their demo LR for roughly £3k more if I want a car soon - utter nonsense. All seems to be a ploy to make bit more money wherever they can.
Which branch of Chorley did you order through?

Spoke to a dealer and he explained that albeit 2 people may have ordered from a company under the same umbrella (Chorley, Arnold Clark etc etc) the orders are done by branch and then below that a salesperson level. So for example if we ordered from the same company on the same day but at 2 different branches, through 2 different sales people then in the scenario where your order may be delayed at your branch if that exact car came into another branch under that company brand it would be matched/offered to one of that branches/salesperson customers.

Whilst I completely understand your frustration it kind of makes sense as I assume these sales people work on commission.

I hope you get yours soon.

Hi guys I ordered my new zs trophy connect long range qon Nov 7 last year so I don't mine waiting but I do mind waiting without a delivery date we were first told February then april maybe now maybe June surely they must know dates 5 months after my order. Does anyone have an idea?
Same time I ordered mine from garage in twyford
Was told Thursday June till August so cancelled it,
Went online Thursday afternoon and called chorley group in chorley
They decided to sell me their demo 1,000 on clock
Picked it up Friday morning 200 mile drive but worth it
Don't know if that helps but chuffed I finally got it

Which branch of Chorley did you order through?

Spoke to a dealer and he explained that albeit 2 people may have ordered from a company under the same umbrella (Chorley, Arnold Clark etc etc) the orders are done by branch and then below that a salesperson level. So for example if we ordered from the same company on the same day but at 2 different branches, through 2 different sales people then in the scenario where your order may be delayed at your branch if that exact car came into another branch under that company brand it would be matched/offered to one of that branches/salesperson customers.

Whilst I completely understand your frustration it kind of makes sense as I assume these sales people work on commission.

I hope you get yours soon.
Chorley branch.

And as you say given different salesperson can prioritise their own orders over others is a bit rubbish tbh and bad practice. This should be strictly managed at a dealership level. Needless to say, my salesperson is a junior chap who hasn’t been great and apparently has literally no say in there, hence no wonder I’ll keep getting pushed down the chain - again a very poor business practice as it effectively means next time we need to go through CVs to get a good enough salesperson!!

Anyways, rant over. Hope you enjoying your car and are liking the Dynamic Red colour. I’ll keep my fingers crossed to hear one day on mine!!

Same time I ordered mine from garage in twyford
Was told Thursday June till August so cancelled it,
Went online Thursday afternoon and called chorley group in chorley
They decided to sell me their demo 1,000 on clock
Picked it up Friday morning 200 mile drive but worth it
Don't know if that helps but chuffed I finally got it
Result !.
What model did you get ?.
Trophy I-Connect by any chance ?.
What colour - Silver ?.

I agree, ordered from Chorley Group in late October through the senior sales person apparently according to the website however I am still waiting it's becoming a farce

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom