MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I've ordered a Red ZS LR Trophy Connect on Affinity from Croxdale, Durham on the 10th of January 2022. Was told to expect it in March. Got a phone call today and was told July! Very disappointed! I'm going rusty myself while waiting!

What I don’t understand is why it is so difficult for the cars to not arrive on a first come, first served basis.

Fair enough that deliveries could be split by model type but in theory a LR Trophy for example ordered in November should not be delivered after one ordered in February.

We shouldn’t also have to take into account for example which MG dealership ours cars were ordered through. A large multi dealership in Scotland for example should be treated the same as a dealership in Kent with a small number of employees.
When you place your order, you start counting the days from that point that you place down your deposit.
Which is the natural thing to do, but some dealers will hang on to that order until they have built up enough orders to "Block Book" a number of car, rather than order cars on a single order basis.
I remember placing a order for a new car and then found out that the dealer had taken my order when he did not even have an allocation slot for the car from the manufacture !.
They knew this when they accepted my order, but they hoped to receive an allocation the following month, but it never arrived.
This continued for months on end until I paid the sales manager a visit and demanded to know what the hell was going on !.
I was offered a cancellation on an order that somebody had clearly got fed up with waiting for !.
The car finally arrived about 8 weeks latter, correct spec but an alternative colour from the original order.

I might accept a red instead of the blue if I can get the same spec and no extra cost to me. I expect that my original order will come through a couple of days later. And I would regret my decision. This is doing my tiny brain in.

When you place your order, you start counting the days from that point that you place down your deposit.
Which is the natural thing to do, but some dealers will hang on to that order until they have built up enough orders to "Block Book" a number of car, rather than order cars on a single order basis.
I remember placing a order for a new car and then found out that the dealer had taken my order when he did not even have an allocation slot for the car fro the manufacture !.
They knew this when they accepted my order, but they hoped to receive an allocation the following month, but it never arrived.
This continued for months on end until I paid the sales manager a visit and demanded to know what the hell was going on !.
I was offered a cancellation on an order that somebody had clearly got fed up with waiting for !.
The car finally arrived about 8 weeks latter, correct spec but an alternative colour from the original order.
It just seems like a bit of a flawed system. There should be a list organised by MG UK by order date which is not deviated from rather than relying on random allocations or based on which dealership you ordered through.

By comparison, If you were booking a holiday in advance via Expedia you would lock in your room and dates after paying a deposit. You would not be pleased if a week before arrival you were asked to arrive a day later instead as somebody had just booked a last minute trip of the same type via laterooms.com and had been allocated your room instead.

I might accept a red instead of the blue if I can get the same spec and no extra cost to me.
A dealer receives a car in the same spec as your order, but in a different colour, they are able to offer it to you.
This is because when the PICG grant is applied for, it only requests the model & spec and NOT the actual colour of the car.
Example :- When you first placed your order, it was for a Red Trophy i-Connect before the reduction in the PICG.
The dealer then call's to say they have a white Trophy i-Connect available and do you want it ?.
You switch the colour, but not the model spec - this is absolutely fine.
However, say then had a Red Std Trophy become available, then this is a different model spec, so in affect, this is seen as a cancellation on the original car and the grant app is lost with the cancellation.
So, offering a different colour is permitted to keep the original grant app alive.
Switch the model spec and your original grant is lost.
I hope this makes some sense.

Here is the difference in the two spec's.
Yeah - Trophy I-Connects are very likely to be longer delayed, than the standard Trophy.

View attachment 7487
Tbh the only thing, for me, that I'd need from the connect is the extra satnav functions.
The voice control would be used for about 10 minutes and I'm not bothered about Amazon music, can stream it through the phone.

Hi guys, I ordered MG HS PHEV EXCLUSIVE ( black / red leather) in 9 October 2021 dealer told me jan/feb then end of the March and now I received call last week got approximate date 20 may 2022

Hi, does anyone know, when a car is confirmed /allocated a delivery date into branch, if that means it has arrived in UK? I presumed it meant it was in the UK awaiting transport, as dealers wouldn’t otherwise be able to confirm this to customers.

I previously received an email in February, saying that my car allocation was confirmed for delivery into branch (Linwood) March/ April. I ordered ZS EV LR in battersea blue on 11 November 21 for delivery on 10 March 22. I have repeatedly received emails saying there is no update on my car delivery yet. Today, I asked if this could be chased up with MG given that the original date has now passed… ten minutes later received an email saying the manager checked the car and the date is now 23 June 22!

The allocation, if that meant anything, seems to have gone out the window. Not sure if this is just an agorithim / new date that needs to be generated on their computer since the original date has passed. I asked what allocation meant and received no response to that query. I was also told they weren’t sure if the date would change again!

Annoyingly now having to book an MOT for a car I shouldn’t even own plus whatever 3+ months of petrol costs!
hi there you need to look back on this thread as its all been explained on the previous pages. Basically individual customer car allocation is a fantasy prior to any car hitting these shores. And then, at the moment, it's a lottery. I think its fair to say.

To be honest I think all dealers are stuck with the shortage of various parts associated with certain models.
Infotainment screens are one, and this seems to be the Trophy Connect model. Why, who knows, but an educated guess would be to do with the Connect options, Amazon Music, Live traffic data etc. This is all controlled by a chip and that chip isn't in the Trophy model, just Trophy Connect.
Why SR cars are coming through ,who knows, but maybe due to the extra BMS controls needs for the LR model with larger battery.
All educated guesses.
I'll post another question separately trying to find out EXACTLY what the Connect option gives!
This because my dealer - Richmond Cars - 'might' be able to get me a Trophy LR, not Connect, sooner!
Don't forget, if you change model it is a new order and you will loose any grant you had before the change. The only thing that isn't on the grant application is colour.

Just be careful with ovo it's not what it seems. Cheap rate is only available when charging and its given as a credit back to you account. You cannot get a cheaper rate for other electricity use. Also you have to sign up to ovo drive then apply for the cheaper rate. OVO Drive is also a dual fuel tarrif and their gas is expensive. Just be careful before you make the change.
Thanks Rockjaw, I will check the fine detail but nearly sure thats an all night time rate no matter what electric you use.

Our HS Phev arrived at the Dealers yesterday apparently. Long wait since ordering in sept last year.
ZS EV LR ordered here, hoping the maths works out! You ordered in September and receive after 6 months. I ordered end of Jan, hopefully will receive in July! My current Nissan Leaf goes back next month so I'm cycling to work until my new ZS EV arrives! (I was originally advised April, pushed back to September - trying to remain optimistic!)

Question - do people think there will be a difference in when cars arrive based on colour?
I ordered white - if MG aren't making cars based on specific orders, surely they must be building them based on something? Spec and colour based on general quantities purchased would be a good shout. Which colours tend to be more popular?

just had the hypervolt installed absolutely great bit of kit. highly recommended.
Just purchased a Hypervolt this morning too. Should be with me next week. Will get £50 back off the price as the wife works for the NHS. I will buy the Power/data cable myself and pull it through the roofspace to the front and leave the spark with just the finishing touches. Reckon it wont cost me much more than the grant was offering.

ZS EV LR ordered here, hoping the maths works out! You ordered in September and receive after 6 months. I ordered end of Jan, hopefully will receive in July! My current Nissan Leaf goes back next month so I'm cycling to work until my new ZS EV arrives! (I was originally advised April, pushed back to September - trying to remain optimistic!)

Question - do people think there will be a difference in when cars arrive based on colour?
I ordered white - if MG aren't making cars based on specific orders, surely they must be building them based on something? Spec and colour based on general quantities purchased would be a good shout. Which colours tend to be more popular?
Possibly yours could be a lot quicker. I know there was a lot sitting in China for a while waiting on lcd screens etc. Dealer told us colour does depend on build date not sure about spec.

Got it from Parks in Irvine - tried Frasers Falkirk but not too professional and not as good a deal but will use them for my servicing as not far from home, their going to bring it to Stirling for me and obviously take the ZS away- ordered on 20th Nov 21 and cause excited to get it, the wait seemed endless!!! Plus seeing yours didn't help :-(
Ahh... not getting the car tomorrow -
From the dealer...
"The car is here and ready to go, but I had notification through yesterday from MG regarding some of the £2500.00 Government Grant applications.

I am being told that MG are still awaiting clearance from OZEV on all the car grants that were applied for during December. (The period when the grant dropped from £2500.00 to £1500.00)"
I ordered the car in November and applied for the higher grant (2500) seemingly a huge backlog on ALL EV purchases not just MG so...have to cool the heels :-(
Could be worse -could be waiting on a visa!

Ahh... not getting the car tomorrow -
From the dealer...
"The car is here and ready to go, but I had notification through yesterday from MG regarding some of the £2500.00 Government Grant applications.

I am being told that MG are still awaiting clearance from OZEV on all the car grants that were applied for during December. (The period when the grant dropped from £2500.00 to £1500.00)"
I ordered the car in November and applied for the higher grant (2500) seemingly a huge backlog on ALL EV purchases not just MG so...have to cool the heels :-(
Could be worse -could be waiting on a visa!
That sounds a bit fishy to me ?????.
The question I have is this, did the dealer apply for the grant STRAIGHT away !.
If they applied for it straight away, when you placed the order, then why are they refering too grants made in December, when the grant had decreased ?.
That makes no sense to me at all ???.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom