MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

We need to start issuing penalty clauses for every day the car is late as they've done in construction for years. I'm suggesting £100 a day. My delivery was put back from April 25th to some time in June so there's 3 grand at least off the price 🤔
Could be time for a little side competition to see who of us has the biggest push back for the largest cash back 😜
Lovely idea, shame it’d never happen

Guaranteed delivery date for me... so far no delivery has arrived and they don't know what time they're expecting it "whenever they want to show up to be honest"

Losing all scraps of hope I had remaining

Update for me they had some MG ZS delivered today... not mine though! My "100% this week delivery" that was meant to happen last week is unlikely to happen this week either. Apparently my car is waiting to be put on lorry to be moved here. Not sure why it's waiting though rather than being moved... If it doesn't happen by Friday then I can't pick it up till Thursday as I am working all week. I get a feeling dealer is as frustrated about this as I am. It stresses me out because being promised car last week I pulled a trigger on car loan in bank I was preapproved so I am now sat here with £25 000 in my current account which fun as it may sound is just stressful.

The only consolidation I take is that my charger and fuse upgrade doesn't happen till they 1st of April so at least when car comes I will be able to charge it straight away.

Update for me they had some MG ZS delivered today... not mine though! My "100% this week delivery" that was meant to happen last week is unlikely to happen this week either. Apparently my car is waiting to be put on lorry to be moved here. Not sure why it's waiting though rather than being moved... If it doesn't happen by Friday then I can't pick it up till Thursday as I am working all week. I get a feeling dealer is as frustrated about this as I am. It stresses me out because being promised car last week I pulled a trigger on car loan in bank I was preapproved so I am now sat here with £25 000 in my current account which fun as it may sound is just stressful.

The only consolidation I take is that my charger and fuse upgrade doesn't happen till they 1st of April so at least when car comes I will be able to charge it straight away.

It sounds as if there is one car transporter going up & down the country!

I've never been more frustrated. Calls not being returned and just getting more and more crud.

Finally get through "we're expecting a delivery today or first thing tomorrow morning but you can't collect for 4 days after delivery" which is new information, not been mentioned for the whole time we've waited.

So why get my hopes up stating today after 7 months waiting may I add. If infact you're adding a extra week by the time you include the weekend. Being currently carless doesn't help. Half tempted to tell them to shove it

Did anybody know that there is a possible price review / increase due for cars in the next five days ?.
Also, MG and the dealers are will be discussing the supplier problems also.

To add to the issues others had with ordering an MG, We ordered our ZS exclusive in Jan and we were one of the lucky ones to have confirmation we will be getting our car this month. however, Arnold Clark sent the video of our car this morning and I noticed 3 pedals (we ordered Auto) have this in writing and call recordings. After telling them this they blamed MG for sending the wrong car, I believe they ordered the wrong car as they would have noticed it was a manual. said we can wait for the next delivery on July (not hopeful) It looks like dealers are ordering so many at a vast rate. Now we have been told that we can get the car we want if someone cancels but may be a different colour.

To add to the issues others had with ordering an MG, We ordered our ZS exclusive in Jan and we were one of the lucky ones to have confirmation we will be getting our car this month. however, Arnold Clark sent the video of our car this morning and I noticed 3 pedals (we ordered Auto) have this in writing and call recordings. After telling them this they blamed MG for sending the wrong car, I believe they ordered the wrong car as they would have noticed it was a manual. said we can wait for the next delivery on July (not hopeful) It looks like dealers are ordering so many at a vast rate. Now we have been told that we can get the car we want if someone cancels but may be a different colour.

I would be furious if I was sent the wrong vehicle, do you have paperwork that definately says Automatic? Also, sounds like you did well getting an ICE ZS within 12-14 weeks from ordering, I am still waiting for mine back from October and I have recently been told to expect May/June from my dealership.

I would be furious if I was sent the wrong vehicle, do you have paperwork that definately says Automatic? Also, sounds like you did well getting an ICE ZS within 12-14 weeks from ordering, I am still waiting for mine back from October and I have recently been told to expect May/June from my dealership.
Yes, i am furious, especially we have a baby on the way end of April. we had all paper work and confirmation on email to what we ordered. I really think they ordered a manual as they wouldn't have sent us the video showing us the car has arrived an miss such a major difference. I really don't think its worth the wait for their mistake. hopefully the come back with an answer tomorrow.

Me too

If its battersea blue get them to send it to me😄

I ordered my car on the 12/12/21 for March delivery as I have to hand my car back in then.But I received a phone call on the the 11 Jan saying my car was there.I told them can you keep it until March and register it on a 22 plate and he said if he did it would cost £1800 extra so I told to keep it and ordered 1 from Arnold Clark for end of March delivery hopefully I will get it(not looking like I will) as I’m going to have no car.

Drinks on you?

We need to start issuing penalty clauses for every day the car is late as they've done in construction for years. I'm suggesting £100 a day. My delivery was put back from April 25th to some time in June so there's 3 grand at least off the price 🤔
Could be time for a little side competition to see who of us has the biggest push back for the largest cash back 😜
That would work if you got them to sign a contract on ordering.

I don't think they care TBH because there will be some other person wanting to buy your vehicle even if you threatened to cancel.

It sounds as if there is one car transporter going up & down the country!
You're not far from the truth. Our fleet guy was taking to a transporter driver who delivered some vans to us today. They were ready 5 weeks ago from the coach builder, but they couldn't find anyone to deliver them quickly enough, so our guys found someone locally, but he will do approx. 6 trips to deliver all the vans. Crazy, and its cost a fortune!

He said that the driver was currently doing max hours he could on tacho working overtime and that his pay went up 15% when he switched companies in January due to an apparent shortage of drivers still!

Between Brexit and the chip shortage we really have been hit where it hurts...

We're not the only ones either. We have been trying to hire a 4x4 pickup for 9 months with no luck. Enterprise ring us daily to find out when other vehicles are coming back because they are so desperate to get hold of them (they normally keep for 18 months tops but we have a 3 year old van from them at the moment). Our local branch said he wanted to sell a few because the prices were so good but he can't as he'd have nothing left to hire due to lack of new vehicles turning up! 🤣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom