MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

They are all at the docks waiting transport but they are all waiting semiconductors. You guys need to read up on this thread. It's been explained loads of times MG do not build to order, they batch produce. Semiconductor shortage is the issue,
Depends which docks. If docks in the UK then transport is the issue. If docks in China then semiconductors is the issue 🙂

It's ridiculous being so anxious, but I am the worst. I sold my hybrid as the value was dropping fast, so am now using a hire car for long travel, and hitching lifts with wife when possible. I just need my own car again! Mid May still hasn't moved as my d-day, bit the news, and horror stories of others is making me so nervous. It's all I think about, and it's not healthy 😕

Hi all, been monitoring this thread for a few weeks now so thought I’d share my experience.
Ordered a white LR trophy start of Jan, and was told an 8 week wait until collection. On the 8th week this was postponed another 8 weeks. I rang the dealer recently to ask what was going on and they said they will try to find a car for me. No reply for a week. Rang the dealer and asked again, and they told me it was now September. They also said that they don’t know when they will be getting any in stock. As a result I have cancelled my order and will be purchasing a second hand EV (not sure what make/model yet) and any manufacturer will have the same problem. So anyone waiting with the date being postponed, do not get your hopes up.

Hi all, been monitoring this thread for a few weeks now so thought I’d share my experience.
Ordered a white LR trophy start of Jan, and was told an 8 week wait until collection. On the 8th week this was postponed another 8 weeks. I rang the dealer recently to ask what was going on and they said they will try to find a car for me. No reply for a week. Rang the dealer and asked again, and they told me it was now September. They also said that they don’t know when they will be getting any in stock. As a result I have cancelled my order and will be purchasing a second hand EV (not sure what make/model yet) and any manufacturer will have the same problem. So anyone waiting with the date being postponed, do not get your hopes up.
Which dealership was this?

first yesterday! ZS EV in White, YR22??? on the A619 traveling from Worksop to Barlborough. Looked great! Be even better in
Exciting! I've ordered white but haven't actually seen one in person!
te LR trophy start of Jan, and was told an 8 week wait until collection. On the 8th week this was postponed another 8 weeks. I rang the dealer recently to ask what was going on and they said they will try to find a car for me. No reply for a week. Rang the dealer and asked again, and they told me it was now September. They also said that they don’t know when they will be getting any in stock. As a result I have cancelled my order and will be purchasing a second hand EV (not sure what make/model yet) and any manufacturer will have the same problem. So anyone waiting with the date being postponed, do not get your hopes up.
Exactly the same situation here. My car has to go back in 3 weeks and 4 days. Part of me is excited to go back to cycling to work, most of me just wants to get in my new car though!

Ordered mine in December, ZS LR, told it was on a slow boat from China and to expect it in March or April, every time I call in, told they will let me know, when they hear anything..also told, it’ll will take the ship 3 weeks to get from China and then another 1 to 2 weeks to unload it, then however long it takes to ship them out to dealers….

Part of me wants to contact my dealer to see if anything has changed since his last update but I think it would wind me up if it had moved again
A bit like Schrodinger's cat in the box. If you don't call then everything is on track and you'll get your car when they said you would. :)

A bit like Schrodinger's cat in the box. If you don't call then everything is on track and you'll get your car when they said you would. :)

I think based on what a member said either on this thread or another, dealerships are able to view ETAs and that they simply just have a date added on everyday until a concrete date is entered into the system so I imagine you'll probably just get an even further delayed date if you tried to contact your dealer!

So frustrating, waiting, when there is literally nothing one can do about it!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom