MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

After all the meetings between the top bosses of Vanarama and MG UK they have managed to negotiate a delivery of March/April 2023…..
Don’t believe a word of it.
Vanarama obviously do not want to fulfil the contract as the terms mean they do not make enough money. If they supply the car to someone else they will make more money.
I would suggest that they want you to cancel.

MG have advised that they do not prioritise customers be it lease of personal buyer.

I would suggest that you request your order number - 30000????? and then email MG UK directly to ask where your order number is.

Don’t be fobbed off with a Vanarama order number - you want the MG UK order number which the supplying dealer will have.

The order number for your car is a ten digit number and starts with 30000 - 30000?????.

I send my emails to all three of the following email addresses: - [email protected] & [email protected] & [email protected]
Ask them why they are quoting 8 to 9 months delivery for January orders for other people yet for Vanarama customers it is 14 to 15 months.

Also ask MG UK to confirm the order date - I have heard that they have ordered a few weeks after placement of order - I suppose this is so they can get better discounts for larger orders.

It takes a few days to get a response from MG UK, but they will respond. In my opinion there is no way that they will advise a 14 month wait.

I got the phone call every mg buyer/lease wants at 5:30 this afternoon, 'HI CHRIS, YOUR CAR IS HERE READY TO GO INTO OUR WORKSHOP FOR ITS PDI'
Hooray!!! I bet you nearly passed out :ROFLMAO:

That's pretty much a 10 month wait?

Last edited:
After all the meetings between the top bosses of Vanarama and MG UK they have managed to negotiate a delivery of March/April 2023…..
Vanarama obviously do not want to fulfil the contract as the terms mean they do not make enough money. If they supply the car to someone else they will make more money.

MG have advised that they do not prioritise customers be it lease of personal buyer.

I would suggest that you request your order number - 30000????? and then email MG UK directly to ask where your order number is.

Don’t be fobbed off with a Vanarama order number - you want the MG UK order number which the supplying dealer will have.

The order number for your car is a ten digit number and starts with 30000 - 30000?????.

I send my emails to all three of the following email addresses: - [email protected] & [email protected] & [email protected]
Ask them why they are quoting 8 to 9 months delivery for January orders for other people yet for Vanarama customers it is 14 to 15 months.

Also ask MG UK to confirm the order date - I have heard that they have ordered a few weeks after placement of order - I suppose this is so they can get better discounts for larger orders.

It takes a few days to get a response from MG UK, but they will respond. In my opinion there is no way that they will advise a 14 month wait.
Sounds like a waste of time to me. Prepare for non committal response with cut and pasted bits.

I got the phone call every mg buyer/lease wants at 5:30 this afternoon, 'HI CHRIS, YOUR CAR IS HERE READY TO GO INTO OUR WORKSHOP FOR ITS PDI'
Your dealer was spot on then :LOL:

When did you order?

This is an absolute disgrace. I dont believe anyone that says MG dont prioritise lease vs non lease or certain dealerships

My January order is still tba. My dealer tells me yesterday they have had no contact from MG and have not received any long range, whether it be SE, Trophy or Trophy connect.

However I know of atleast one member here who ordered from the same dealer receive his/her car.

I did not challenge the dealer. I just thanked him for the update.

Last thing I want is that he gets annoyed and refunds me my deposit.

He's been insistent previously that I cancel my order and try something else.

Not that you were counting or anything :ROFLMAO:

You probably have this all noted already, but be sure they apply any updates. Don't graduate out of this thread and straight into the one for people whose cars are bricking on a charger.
Thanks mate, I've just about stopped hyperventilating now🤣🤣🤣

Yeah it is laughable that the best they could come up with is well into next year.

I agree, I think they are looking for cancellations, although they were sure to point out they will honour the price. Mine wasn’t that great compared to a lot of other people who ordered it earlier and I’m considering looking at the new Niro EV although thats another £50pm that I’m not sure the wife would agree to.

unfortunately vanarama are a lot more expensive than the quote I’ve had so I would then have to pay them for the wall charger they insisted I got put in before the govt grant finished so I presume I would have to pay for that (presumably less the govt grant they claimed)

Yeah it is laughable that the best they could come up with is well into next year.

I agree, I think they are looking for cancellations, although they were sure to point out they will honour the price. Mine wasn’t that great compared to a lot of other people who ordered it earlier and I’m considering looking at the new Niro EV although thats another £50pm that I’m not sure the wife would agree to.

unfortunately vanarama are a lot more expensive than the quote I’ve had so I would then have to pay them for the wall charger they insisted I got put in before the govt grant finished so I presume I would have to pay for that (presumably less the govt grant they claimed)
I would not pay them or cancel the order if you have not paid a down payment on this. Get another car, use it till vanarama decides to deliver your car and cancel the order with in cooling off period

Vanarama can not meet our orders at price they have agreed with us so perhaps waiting on cancellations or price of the car coming down slightly to be able to make it financially viable but still its a joke to wait around another 8-9 months on a ficticious date

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom