MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hopefully your pessimism will turn to optimism in a short space of time... as Eric and Ernie would say Always Look on the Bright Side of Life... oops now I'm showing my age:ROFLMAO:

Eric Idle I think :)

BB8B6B0C-753C-4C69-96C6-4B566822063D.jpeg

Hopefully your pessimism will turn to optimism in a short space of time... as Eric and Ernie would say Always Look on the Bright Side of Life... oops now I'm showing my age:ROFLMAO:
I think you’ll find that was Eric Idle in Life of Brian, not Morcambe & Wise (Oops now I’m showing my age)

I’ve ordered an LR ZS EV in SE spec from RGW contracts leasing company. It will be black. They were the cheapest monthly price on LeaseLoco.com and nobody else came close. My order went in on 12th July. They say the car is “at sea”. I contacted them to give me more precise details but they can’t. They need a reg number which they say is happening in Sept.

Based on what I have read here, I will take that with a pinch of salt.
Wow. I’m in the exact same position same company same car same info lol. What a small world.

You are saying that a lease company have a pre-order car at sea and they decided to lease it to you for an incredibly low price but can’t give you any order number information / which dealer it is being supplied by.

Hopefully you have not paid a large deposit for this.

I would start asking questions if I was you. Every car that is supplied can be sold ten times over, struggle to understand why anyone would be giving massive savings now?
I don’t think it’s massive savings. It’s about £60 a month more than. A lot of the vanarama deals people were getting without the free chargers.

Okay price for what it is now but not an amazing deal.

I have just been given the information on what ships are arriving in September and what's on them. Ship trackers are great for speculating. The good news is that there's a LOT of cars coming. I cant guaratee yours will be on it, and I cant tell you there's going to be the exact model/spec/colour mix to satisfy your order, but the idea of not many cars coming in wide of the mark
That is great news. Please share the information that you have.

I have been monitoring Shanghai and tracking every ship that leaves to see where it goes.
I also monitor Bristol forward movements to see if that aligns with any of the ships departing / on route.

SAIC May be sending cars to an alternative port in China for export?

We had one chap tell us his car was offloaded in Holland, got PDI’d over there and then loaded onto another ship to be delivered to Portbury. When he got his car the language was still set to Dutch. This amazed me that the dealer did not PDI the car properly and the cost involved to unload/reload cars onto ships that SAIC must be shelling out for.

MG UK may have resource in other ports in the UK to receive the cars, perform checks and distribute? The cost to have these teams set up is not cheap or maybe they send the trained team from Portbury and put them up in accommodation for a few days while they set up hundreds of cars for delivery to the dealers. They will also need to borrow facilities / workshop / ramps etc.

I understand that my car is TBA and awaiting parts so not built yet. I know that I ordered early January and there are still many people in the same position as myself who ordered in November / December last year.

I know that there are approx 400 ZS EV’s delivered to the UK every month.

I know that the order book for the ZS EV is in the tens of thousands - therefore the reason I have not got my car yet.

Last week someone was told that the exact model I have on order was to arrive in October and they only ordered in March. Not sure how this is possible - just reduces my trust in anything that MG UK tell me.

My dealer wrote to the MG UK area Manager for information 3 weeks ago for information. Got mail last week to say no update.

We have had people being advised that their orders are March/April next year - hundreds of them and they Stand to lose out on grants.

My watching Shanghai just gives me an idea of where cars are heading and if it is worth hanging on for a car that may never arrive - after all it is inevitable that at some point SAIC will announce that they are ceasing production of the ZS for a new model. They have already announced that the sunroof has been removed for all new orders.

Over the last three weeks of monitoring there are not many ships heading towards Suez from Shanghai. This just tells me that the chance of all the people in the queue before me getting their cars in the next 5 weeks is low.

Bristol Forward Movements has very little from China - however does have a lot from Japan.

If you have information that there is a tidal wave of cars getting ready to be loaded onto ships for a September delivery please share the information.

This morning I am test driving the Citroen E C4 and then this afternoon I am in a Peugeot E 2008.

It would be great to be armed with more information so that I can make my decision to cancel or hold on.

I don’t think it’s massive savings. It’s about £60 a month more than. A lot of the vanarama deals people were getting without the free chargers.

Okay price for what it is now but not an amazing deal.
If you are happy that it is not some kind of scam - order in July, car at sea with a low price on lease, no information available to check with MG UK.
I was offered a mobile phone deal - £5 per month, all you can eat everything, 12 month contract with a free iPhone 13. All they wanted was my bank account, credit card and PIN numbers. Sometimes a deal is too good to be true - just need to tread carefully nowadays.

So literally just got off the phone with my man in Havana (MG Bristol North) and #MobyDickscousin is on the boat! @fatboyfat1981 #TeamWhite, #TeamLR, #TeamTrophyConnect

I have been told it will be here in September and mention of docking on the 4th.. tried looking back over the pages here to get more info if it is a legit boat but couldn't really see anything. Any of you boat watchers got an idea about a boat due in the beginning of September?

Just been on auto trader a dealer up in Knutsford has one blue and one white SR trophy in stock 29990 and 31 k for the the white one also just came across a white black edition when did mg start rolling them out.
Screenshot_20220813-102036.png

If you are happy that it is not some kind of scam - order in July, car at sea with a low price on lease, no information available to check with MG UK.
I was offered a mobile phone deal - £5 per month, all you can eat everything, 12 month contract with a free iPhone 13. All they wanted was my bank account, credit card and PIN numbers. Sometimes a deal is too good to be true - just need to tread carefully nowadays.
They ordered the cars in November 21 according to the rep I spoke to when I ordered. I ordered around march time and was told September delivery. Nothing paid except admin fee at the moment. Have kept us up to date with regular updates. Not sure why there is a mention on low price. The price is pretty standard,nothing special.

Just been on auto trader a dealer up in Knutsford has one blue and one white SR trophy in stock 29990 and 31 k for the the white one also just came across a white black edition when did mg start rolling them out.View attachment 10246
I think the black editions are not from MG but a modification to the normal cars coming in done by suppliers. Luscombe MG advertise black editions on their website.

Just been on auto trader a dealer up in Knutsford has one blue and one white SR trophy in stock 29990 and 31 k for the the white one also just came across a white black edition when did mg start rolling them out.View attachment 10246
The way the ad is worded is misleading, and people have pointed that out. There is no official "Black Edition" by MG. It's just a Trophy with an after market wrap, and the title should say that.

So literally just got off the phone with my man in Havana (MG Bristol North) and #MobyDickscousin is on the boat! @fatboyfat1981 #TeamWhite, #TeamLR, #TeamTrophyConnect

I have been told it will be here in September and mention of docking on the 4th.. tried looking back over the pages here to get more info if it is a legit boat but couldn't really see anything. Any of you boat watchers got an idea about a boat due in the beginning of September?
You ordered yours in March correct?

I see a few others with the exact same spec which gives me hope as I am waiting for the same one and ordered the same month as you.

Curious did they call you or did you call them?

Lol I am not sure I want to contact them as I am thinking I will only be disappointed:-(

They ordered the cars in November 21 according to the rep I spoke to when I ordered. I ordered around march time and was told September delivery. Nothing paid except admin fee at the moment. Have kept us up to date with regular updates. Not sure why there is a mention on low price. The price is pretty standard,nothing special.
Oh, ok - thanks for the update. So even more stock orders are emerging from November when MG UK advised in March this year that all stock orders must be cancelled. Fines of £1500 were to be levied on any dealer that changed the name from the order to the registration document. How many more stock orders are there to be delivered before the customers who have been waiting 10 months get a chance of getting delivery of a car.

Oh, ok - thanks for the update. So even more stock orders are emerging from November when MG UK advised in March this year that all stock orders must be cancelled. Fines of £1500 were to be levied on any dealer that changed the name from the order to the registration document. How many more stock orders are there to be delivered before the customers who have been waiting 10 months get a chance of getting delivery of a car.
A lease order wouldn't be covered by that as the driver is not the customer, the lease company is. So technically a lease company pre ordering a load of cars in November is not then a stock order without a customer attached.

A lease order wouldn't be covered by that as the driver is not the customer, the lease company is. So technically a lease company pre ordering a load of cars in November is not then a stock order without a customer attached.
You say that, but as a lease customer this was the exact reason I was given by the dealer as to why they couldn’t switch a car they had to me.

Although the lease company is technically buying the car up front, you still have an MG order number and the dealer is processing your order…apparentl.

You ordered yours in March correct?

I see a few others with the exact same spec which gives me hope as I am waiting for the same one and ordered the same month as you.

Curious did they call you or did you call them?

Lol I am not sure I want to contact them as I am thinking I will only be disappointed:-(
Yes, I ordered at the beginning of March. I reckon you could be right and a batch of #TeamWhite, #TeamLR, #TeamTrophyConnect cars were built and put on the boat ⛴️.

So ma man at MG gave me a call out of the blue. The last I heard the other week from him was an estimated date of sometime towards the end of November. He also said on the call today that he will be calling other customers as their dates are going to be February now. But honestly just call and see what they say, to me the dates are irrelevant anyway. They just need to tell you something 😃

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom