MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Where are you getting those numbers from? Registrations are nowhere near that.
There was a link to a website that gives the numbers of each car model registered. It only had upto March 2022 but showed MG ZS EV number registered was 1200 cars (average 400 per month) another 4.5 months have passed since - at 400 per month average is another 1800 cars. 1200 plus 1800 is 3000.

We have seen a few people taking delivery and there has been some batches of stock cars made available.

As for orders placed - there were spikes in orders - In November lots of stock orders which are still appearing. In January the new LR was released on Motability- a few thousand orders place through this scheme alone. However the order books were closed a few months ago. I went for 6000 per month over 7 months and this seemed high so reduced it back to 30000

Said at the start of my message that it was my guess - what is your guess?

Picked up my ZS LR in Dublin yesterday. Ordered back in January and delivered on time 😁

I had them tint the rear windows

IMG_20220815_171357.jpg

Hi, there are 3 that have visited Shanghai on the way to Portbury.
Global Highway due 19th Aug / Swallow Ace due 31st Aug.
Michigan Highway is due 8th Sep but was only in dock for 4 hours so may not have much on board.

Cape Town Highway due 19th Sep is sat on anchor waiting to go into Shanghai.

Still keeping an eye on Eurasian Highway which was on the Portbury expected list last week but has now been removed. This is steaming towards Suez from Shanghai - it may reappear on the list?

There are 9 ships on the list that are currently heading out for Japan / Taiwan / Singapore that could possibly have time to visit Shanghai before making the journey back to Portbury.

Portbury expected list was updated this morning and Eurasian Highway is back on it.
So we now have 5 ships on route:-
Global Highway - 23rd Aug
Swallow Ace - 31st Aug
Michigan Highway - 8th Sep
Eurasian Highway - 11th Sep
Cape Town Highway - 19th Sep (Still on anchor waiting to go into Shanghai port)

There was a link to a website that gives the numbers of each car model registered. It only had upto March 2022 but showed MG ZS EV number registered was 1200 cars (average 400 per month) another 4.5 months have passed since - at 400 per month average is another 1800 cars. 1200 plus 1800 is 3000.

We have seen a few people taking delivery and there has been some batches of stock cars made available.

As for orders placed - there were spikes in orders - In November lots of stock orders which are still appearing. In January the new LR was released on Motability- a few thousand orders place through this scheme alone. However the order books were closed a few months ago. I went for 6000 per month over 7 months and this seemed high so reduced it back to 30000

Said at the start of my message that it was my guess - what is your guess?
If you are talking about howmanyleft, it is less than a thousand in Q1 - the total there is cumulative and include all registrations for that type. The real number will likely be 800-900.

Q1 is likely an optimistic 'reading' to use as well. That's when there was that batch of cars through that dealers offered for open sale and got through quickly.

Just had an update car due at port in 9 days at sea at moment then been told 10-15 days to check things over ordered feb 22 zs ev se long range from Tilsun leasing
I am guessing based on the info from @JSAND59 that it will be on Global Highway due on the 23rd Aug. That is the closest boat within the 9 days you have been quoted. Happy Days, you must be over the moon!

If you are talking about howmanyleft, it is less than a thousand in Q1 - the total there is cumulative and include all registrations for that type. The real number will likely be 800-900.

Q1 is likely an optimistic 'reading' to use as well. That's when there was that batch of cars through that dealers offered for open sale and got through quickly.

According to how many left - add up se/trophy/trophy connect is 934 MG ZS EV’s registered.

The Government update registration stats every 3 months - In a few weeks we will know how many cars registered in April/May/June.

To average 400 per month my guess is 2400 total cars for the year, less 934 for first quarter equals 1466 MG ZS EV’s registered in the second quarter.

From your post you are thinking less than 800 for second quarter.

When you look at the amount of cars being registered compared to the order book - whichever figures that are used they are still supplying cars from November orders for delivery in September - 10 months.

Even at the 400 per month rate they will still be supplying cars from 2021 orders in 2023.

Exchange rate is not looking good for them either. Since January they have lost 6%.

If no more orders are taken for the MG ZS EV, at the 400 per month rate they will finally make the last Trophy with a sunroof in May 2028 to complete the orders from April/May this year.

And you think that their ability to produce 400 units per month is optimistic?

Lucky you, my order placed for ZS EV SE long range, placed 12th. November last year, still no confirmation of delivery in September. I was the first to place an order at our local MG dealer that morning of demonstrating the new update. The demo car only arrived the day before and staff were not up to speed on the improvements. I took the demo car for a short drive, returned and said yes I would like to order one there and then. It was offered with the government grant of £2500, I wonder will I still be eligible?

Lucky you, my order placed for ZS EV SE long range, placed 12th. November last year, still no confirmation of delivery in September. I was the first to place an order at our local MG dealer that morning of demonstrating the new update. The demo car only arrived the day before and staff were not up to speed on the improvements. I took the demo car for a short drive, returned and said yes I would like to order one there and then. It was offered with the government grant of £2500, I wonder will I still be eligible?
As long as it arrives before 12th Nov this year you should be okay.

My dealer didn't know about the grant ending after 12 months until I spoke to them about it and they checked it out.

From what Sam was saying a whole influx of cars are coming in over the next few months, so there's still a bit of time.

I'm trying to convince myself that even at £2500 more expensive, it's still the best value EV you can get. It's certainly a mental battle though.

Mine's a Tusker order, through Luscombes, ordered early May
SR Trophy in Silver
Dealer has said to me that the car is due to them on 4th November
Have everything crossed

Mine's a Tusker order, through Luscombes, ordered early May
SR Trophy in Silver
Dealer has said to me that the car is due to them on 4th November
Have everything crossed
Also Tusker. Identical car (Silver SR Trophy).
Ordered January.
Estimate is September, but when I contacted MG directly recently the car hasn't even been built yet and they had no idea when it would be.. so might be a little optimistic...we shall see!

Just got this email from MG after waiting for a week :-

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email and apologise for the delayed response.

When it comes to order fulfilment, there are a number of factors to consider but not only limited to the order date or car spec. Also, the ETA is subject to change, depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to shortage of semi-conductors, logistic challenges, etc.

Unfortunately, the team at the call centre here is unable to advise when exactly your order will be fulfilled, however, as a brand, we are trying our best to fulfil your order as soon as we can and all the information is transparent among the dealer network, your local dealer shall notify you immediately should there be any update to your order.

Thanks again for your patience.

Date: Tuesday, 9 August 2022 at 21:23
To: CallCentre MGUK <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: MG Online Enquiry - Follow Up

Hi,

You previously advised that you supply cars according to the order date.

Saw a post today from a member on the MGEVS forum -

Had the call from MG Leicester with the happy news my Blue Trophy Long Range is due 25th Oct and I will be able to pick it up as quickly as they can PDI it! Was ordered beginning of March - hope more people get good news soon

This is the exact spec car that I ordered.

Does this mean that you are getting a batch of this spec and my car and therefore my order 30000????? is now in manufacture also?

As you will see my car was ordered 2 months before the order with MG Leicester that now has a delivery date and would have to have been prioritised over my order which goes against your commitments.

Please advise.

Also Tusker. Identical car (Silver SR Trophy).
Ordered January.
Estimate is September, but when I contacted MG directly recently the car hasn't even been built yet and they had no idea when it would be.. so might be a little optimistic...we shall see!
I fear it is optimistic yes but its the hope that kills you!
Technically you should get yours before I get mine but unfortunately it doesn't appear to work like that everytime. Good luck, I'll be keeping an eye out on here about your order...seeing as the spec is identical

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom