MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Actually I turned down a white LRTC connect last week that was a cancellation. We have ordered silver (allegedly for September / October delivery) We will take any other colour except white if any other cancellations happen to arise. The Mrs is adamant she does not want white. It dies hive me faith in the dealer though not stiffing us. Note I am not running a car currently (ts doable where I live). It kicked the bucket back in March (hence the new card order).
Curious which dealer was it and was it the same price?

Fingers crossed you won't wait as long as most on here since you ordered an SR instead of LR, I ordered my SR Trophy in Black (#team black) on April 1st through Motability and picked my car up on June 1st. Personally I believe a lot of the issues have been with the LR especially the connect version.

I agree my dealer confirmed they are struggling to get LR cars I ordered mine in Feb and I’m still waiting as are many others ordered before mine.

It sounds like you are at the dealer almost every day...are they sick of you yet? 😂
No not at all…every otherday…maybe.

really it was the first time at BC in months and as I was passing I called in..also don’t forget the phone call, I should have had from the Coventry dealership on the 11/8 and didn’t and the “we’ll get someone to ring you back“ 2 or 3 days ago…still waiting..

Last edited:
Actually I turned down a white LRTC connect last week that was a cancellation. We have ordered silver (allegedly for September / October delivery) We will take any other colour except white if any other cancellations happen to arise. The Mrs is adamant she does not want white. It dies hive me faith in the dealer though not stiffing us. Note I am not running a car currently (ts doable where I live). It kicked the bucket back in March (hence the new card order).
Funny how we like or dislike colours. I wanted white but my dealer didn't have any white ones on order so I ordered red. I would have been tempted to take the white one but have got used to the idea of red now! Would not take black under almost any circumstances though.

Hi, all

Rgw contracts my leasing provider (they haven't told me the supplying dealer) contacted me. Originally ordered in may 2022 , pre stock batch from November 2021 they said.

I had originally ordered mg zs ev SE LR white , they said there next batch coming over is black so if I pay supplement I can switch into that and get sooner so I agreed.

So I'm told it's on a boat, due in UK end of August early September.

Also side note, in my town just seen an mg zs se , think no roof rails , not sure SR or lR. They do exist! In real life! Said from luscomb Leeds on back sticker

20220820_164829.jpg

Hi, all

Rgw contracts my leasing provider (they haven't told me the supplying dealer) contacted me. Originally ordered in may 2022 , pre stock batch from November 2021 they said.

I had originally ordered mg zs ev SE LR white , they said there next batch coming over is black so if I pay supplement I can switch into that and get sooner so I agreed.

So I'm told it's on a boat, due in UK end of August early September.

Also side note, in my town just seen an mg zs se , think no roof rails , not sure SR or lR. They do exist! In real life! Said from luscomb Leeds on back sticker

View attachment 10383
That’s a first gen ZS EV by the look of it

Oh no my bad your the experts clearly!

Should have realised from the front different flap (still looked nice even for old version)

Well hopefully on this September boat ,I'm told its a big boat full of mgs so hopefully, we all get to see the facelift version soon!

Attachments

• 20220820_171706.jpg
    20220820_171706.jpg
    876.1 KB · Views: 120
Just a quick Shipping Update for expected ships at Portbury.

Global Highway arrived into Portbury last night. Spent 26hrs at Shanghai Dock on 18th July. Has dropped off some cargo on route at Jordan, Turkey and Greece.

Swallow Ace had emerged from Suez and is heading for Barcelona. ETA Portbury 31st Aug. Spent 39hr at Shanghai Dock - Departed 30th July.

Michigan Highway is heading towards Suez. ETA Portbury 8th Sep. Spent only 4hr at Shanghai Dock - Departed 2nd Aug.

Eurasian Highway is heading towards Suez. ETA Portbury 11th Sep. Spent 12hr at Shanghai Dock - Departed 6th Aug.

Cape Town Highway is heading towards Singapore. ETA Portbury 19th Sep. Spent 24hr at Shanghai Dock - departed 19th Aug.

Sunrise Ace is heading towards Singapore. ETA Portbury 20th Sep. Note - Sunrise Ace loaded 60Km upstream from normal Shanghai Dock - May not be any MG ZS EV on board?

Titus is now in the English Channel and according to Southampton VTS it is due to Anchor at NAB (Area to the east of the Isle of Wight) and then arrive at Dock in Southampton at 5.30am tomorrow morning to unload all the MG4’s ?

Just a quick Shipping Update for expected ships at Portbury.

Global Highway arrived into Portbury last night. Spent 26hrs at Shanghai Dock on 18th July. Has dropped off some cargo on route at Jordan, Turkey and Greece.

Swallow Ace had emerged from Suez and is heading for Barcelona. ETA Portbury 31st Aug. Spent 39hr at Shanghai Dock - Departed 30th July.

Michigan Highway is heading towards Suez. ETA Portbury 8th Sep. Spent only 4hr at Shanghai Dock - Departed 2nd Aug.

Eurasian Highway is heading towards Suez. ETA Portbury 11th Sep. Spent 12hr at Shanghai Dock - Departed 6th Aug.

Cape Town Highway is heading towards Singapore. ETA Portbury 19th Sep. Spent 24hr at Shanghai Dock - departed 19th Aug.

Sunrise Ace is heading towards Singapore. ETA Portbury 20th Sep. Note - Sunrise Ace loaded 60Km upstream from normal Shanghai Dock - May not be any MG ZS EV on board?

Titus is now in the English Channel and according to Southampton VTS it is due to Anchor at NAB (Area to the east of the Isle of Wight) and then arrive at Dock in Southampton at 5.30am tomorrow morning to unload all the MG4’s ?
From the video posted of Titus being loaded, it appears that a portion of them are left hand drive, so we may not be getting that many in the UK initially. Many may be destined for other European destinations.

Umm, am thinking about the MG4 it’s starting to grow on me, wonder if I could ordered one along side the ZS EV LR Trophy?…and have whatever comes first, may pop up on Monday and have a word with them..does it come with a non-opening panoramic sunroof? Would want the LR..

From the video posted of Titus being loaded, it appears that a portion of them are left hand drive, so we may not be getting that many in the UK initially. Many may be destined for other European destinations.
According to podcast last night Titus has 1000 MG4 for UK. There will only be 2000 this year and would guess that pre-orders already surpass this so looking at 2023 for delivery on new orders

Here is my guess-

This time next year MG will announce new replacement for ZS based on the new platform.

Between now and next year they will manage to supply 5000 old ZS EVs before they stop production.

Estimate that there are currently 30,000 ZS orders not fulfilled so 25,000 of us will have orders cancelled.

This does not include the new orders for the non sunroof models that are to be delivered in 30 weeks. It would be interesting to see if the new orders for non sunroof models ever arrive?

Here is my guess-

This time next year MG will announce new replacement for ZS based on the new platform.

Between now and next year they will manage to supply 5000 old ZS EVs before they stop production.

Estimate that there are currently 30,000 ZS orders not fulfilled so 25,000 of us will have orders cancelled.

This does not include the new orders for the non sunroof models that are to be delivered in 30 weeks. It would be interesting to see if the new orders for non sunroof models ever arrive?
What is your guess based on regarding ZS upgrade considering its just had a facelift

Umm, am thinking about the MG4 it’s starting to grow on me, wonder if I could ordered one along side the ZS EV LR Trophy?…and have whatever comes first, may pop up on Monday and have a word with them..does it come with a non-opening panoramic sunroof? Would want the LR..
It doesn't have a panoramic roof on any model, what you can see is a black painted roof on the Trophy.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom