MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

MG just mailed me a further update (not the dealer). All bets are off with my car; no dates available. Please call back in a few weeks. What a joke. Im
Better off looking for in stock items in the uk.
It's the most honest answer to give though, so at least they are being honest with you.

Unless the dealer has your chassis number and knows it's on the way, it's the only answer they can reliably give given the sporadic nature they are dripping through.

I know that I may get a call soon but does this mean that my dealer is rubbish? Long range trophy in silver still not here after ordering on 30/11. Tunbridge Wells MG

It's the most honest answer to give though, so at least they are being honest with you.

Unless the dealer has your chassis number and knows it's on the way, it's the only answer they can reliably give given the sporadic nature they are dripping through.
Honest would be stopping taking new orders until this disgrace is sorted and committing to honour the prices of all existing orders. Still what goes around comes around.

I know that I may get a call soon but does this mean that my dealer is rubbish? Long range trophy in silver still not here after ordering on 30/11. Tunbridge Wells MG
There are still people waiting since November/December, even though there are January onwards orders being delivered on. Have a look at the tracker also

Honest would be stopping taking new orders until this disgrace is sorted and committing to honour the prices of all existing orders. Still what goes around comes around.
Well last week mg UK and dealer said not built yet then tonight get the call your car is ready but motability need 5 days it seams transporters just turn up out of the blue

There are still people waiting since November/December, even though there are January onwards orders being delivered on. Have a look at the tracker also
I’m not bitter about it. It’s more whether I should use a ‘bigger’ dealership next time rather than the criteria just being the cheapest price that I could find.

I’m not bitter about it. It’s more whether I should use a ‘bigger’ dealership next time rather than the criteria just being the cheapest price that I could find.
I wish we knew the answer, but seems like pot luck. Some of the larger dealers on here certainly seem better served by MG, but with the amount of orders they take you may not get a car any sooner than somewhere smaller.

Rather than size, it seems a customer may be better off with a dealer that has some kind of minimum supply agreement that seems to have been hinted at on here.

The idea of a ‘factory’ order is an illusion with MG. They never quote build dates. Even a dealer ‘stock’ order is a nonsense They basically get what they are given from SAIC then allocate to open ‘orders’. They just need to be honest that there is no such thing as an order until MG has stock in county , it’s just an expression of interest where the deposit paid should be fully refundable at any point in the process.

The idea of a ‘factory’ order is an illusion with MG. They never quote build dates. Even a dealer ‘stock’ order is a nonsense They basically get what they are given from SAIC then allocate to open ‘orders’. They just need to be honest that there is no such thing as an order until MG has stock in county , it’s just an expression of interest where the deposit paid should be fully refundable at any point in the process.
I couldn't have put that better myself

Given the complete lottery, and lack of any perceived logic in the Twilight Zone that is the MG ordering and delivery process, I have decided to take things firmly into my own hands. I have ordered (and had delivered) a 10mm spanner. Lets see if that works!

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom