MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Given the complete lottery, and lack of any perceived logic in the Twilight Zone that is the MG ordering and delivery process, I have decided to take things firmly into my own hands. I have ordered (and had delivered) a 10mm spanner. Lets see if that works!
I've ordered an isolator as it sounds like it will be a common occurance. :)
Amazon product ASIN B07TQ7ZK9P

Positive update on my LRTC in white, ordered end of January via Tusker. My portal says 'in transit to dealer' and has a chassis number, with estimated arrival of late October.

Can any other Tusker people who have received their car advise on how long the car took to arrive following the above status change? Excited to see something other than 'on order'!

Given the complete lottery, and lack of any perceived logic in the Twilight Zone that is the MG ordering and delivery process, I have decided to take things firmly into my own hands. I have ordered (and had delivered) a 10mm spanner. Lets see if that works!
Is this like taking your umbrella out hoping it will then not rain?
If you buy a spanner the car will come lol :)

I with all that’s happening in the world which is terrible, when push comes to shove people just want there cars.
We are all customers and to be waiting for these lengths of time without any credible explanation is pathetic and I believe that all sales of cars should be suspended until all older orders have been fulfilled.
But that’s just my opinion.
I think that's everyone who is waiting's opinion.:unsure:

I’d just settle for the truth
The truth is that the dealerships and MG UK have absolutely no idea what stage your order is at and when it will be delivered.
What appears to be happening is that some cars just turn up out of nowhere and you get a call to say yours is here.
Ignore the TBA/on shortage/maybe next year rubbish and just wait for the phone to ring.

The truth is that the dealerships and MG UK have absolutely no idea what stage your order is at and when it will be delivered.
What appears to be happening is that some cars just turn up out of nowhere and you get a call to say yours is here.
Ignore the TBA/on shortage/maybe next year rubbish and just wait for the phone to ring.
It’s more nuanced than that. MG get orders shipped then decide who get them. There is no link between orders and the factory.
MG uk could do things more fairly but they are choosing not to.

I've commented previously that SAIC won't be producing these cars randomly. There has to be a forward production and shipping pipeline, but that information (however uncertain) isn't being communicated to dealers and customers. Presumably SAIC/MGUK believe there is less chance of customers cancelling if they are left in the dark. Personally, I think it shows a level of contempt for customers that I won't be subjecting myself to again

Positive update on my LRTC in white, ordered end of January via Tusker. My portal says 'in transit to dealer' and has a chassis number, with estimated arrival of late October.

Can any other Tusker people who have received their car advise on how long the car took to arrive following the above status change? Excited to see something other than 'on order'!
My Tusker order from late Jan still says on order, but MG emailed me to say it either has been built or is currently being built, and has an ETA of early Dec.

My Tusker order from late Jan still says on order, but MG emailed me to say it either has been built or is currently being built, and has an ETA of early Dec.
I suppose it makes perfect sense that my Tusker order is a mid January order, hasn't been built yet and they are saying November! 😂

Picking my TCLR Black up on Thursday, Dealer only wants £279 for the shine which I thought was quite cheap?
Good luck today - hope it goes well. Positive news is a nice respite from grumbling :LOL:. LR TC seem to have been the slowest to trickle through, so enjoy it!

If you have the same build sheet as others did, & don't mind sharing, would you let us know when the car was built and what ship it came in on? Just interested to know how long it's taken to actually be customer ready.

Hi to all of you,
I'm waiting in Italy (where the situation is very similar to yours) an LR. In a german forum I've read that VIN code is assigned by forwearder upon vehicles are unloaded from the boat. So it is impossible for car dealer to have a correct estimation of final shipping. This is very strange for me. Anyone knows if this information is true?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom