MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I ordered mine (ZS LR Trophy white) with New-Car-Discounts at the start of last week, estimated for delivery early November. Presumably a cancelled order as apparently the car was originally ordered at the end of 2021.
Had a call this morning to arrange a delivery date. It's off the ship and into PDI next week.
I know there was a RORO from China (Genius Highway) offloading in Portbury a few days ago so hopefully we will collectively see a flurry of deliveries over the next week or so.
Exactly what I ordered in February, told last week its now expected for delivery in March/April 2023 (but they don't really have a clue and it will probably go back again) - pleased for you RobinH that it looks like you have managed to bag one.

Sorry to say I've given up and cancelled as we can't wait any longer and continue to be fobbed off by MG. Its a shame because we liked the car.

If you are being given the run around I would give new car discount a call. They seem to be on top of the game for both price and delivery. I have no connection other than being a satisfied customer. I have also observed good feedback from others on the site and have communicated with a few before ordering.

It’s here! It’s here!
Blue SE LR Ordered 07 Jan 22. Delivered to dealer yesterday. Confirmed it’s my order today and collecting on Monday.

Had to discuss part Ex value and I had to point out the minimum they could offer me contractually (from the order paperwork) but they honoured the contract. Then I said it should Affintiy discount as I was promised that at time of sale. I truly genuinely believe I have just got the deal of a lifetime.

Can’t wait to post a pic on Monday fully flap open 😂 that’s when I will update tracker.

Got a pic of the keys though.

Attachments

• FDDC834C-3AF7-4EF0-BEEE-6E36A0689149.jpeg
    FDDC834C-3AF7-4EF0-BEEE-6E36A0689149.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 92
It’s here! It’s here!
Blue SE LR Ordered 07 Jan 22. Delivered to dealer yesterday. Confirmed it’s my order today and collecting on Monday.

Had to discuss part Ex value and I had to point out the minimum they could offer me contractually (from the order paperwork) but they honoured the contract. Then I said it should Affintiy discount as I was promised that at time of sale. I truly genuinely believe I have just got the deal of a lifetime.

Can’t wait to post a pic on Monday fully flap open 😂 that’s when I will update tracker.

Got a pic of the keys though.
Don't forget affinity has the type 2 lead included as well as the granny charger. Enjoy

Not sure whether this has been covered way up this thread somewhere but, for what it's worth, I've just been told by a dealer that the reason for delays on cars which were ordered with the opening sunroofs is a shortage of bits for the roof mechanisms. Hence they are leaving them off and have respecced the recent ones so they can at least churn out some cars. So, until the manufacturers can source parts quickly enough, orders for sunroofed cars may still take some time...... Anyone know any different?

Not sure whether this has been covered way up this thread somewhere but, for what it's worth, I've just been told by a dealer that the reason for delays on cars which were ordered with the opening sunroofs is a shortage of bits for the roof mechanisms. Hence they are leaving them off and have respecced the recent ones so they can at least churn out some cars. So, until the manufacturers can source parts quickly enough, orders for sunroofed cars may still take some time...... Anyone know any different?
I believe I ordered the Trophy Connect when it had the sunroof and the dealership confirmed this week that that is what would still be delivered (will find out next month), despite them doing away with the Trophy Connect for new sales.

It's was mentioned yes.

Ultimately, I think it was more about keeping the costs in check in the UK, as they are still flogging them in other countries with the roof. But yes, that was the reason given.

So I've just got off the phone from mg they have started banging the drum there end again and I should get a response regarding my order tmorrow afternoon. I said don't even think about your cut and paste response again I'm not having it. I want someone higher up to be involved and to ask the questions.

I've been straight and simple if a car can't be allocated or you can't give me any idea of when to expect it so I can make plans. I've said you can make the order in to a paper airplane and throw it out the window: on a serious note I just said I'll have my deposit back and go else where more than likely back to petrol for now where I can get hold of a Nissan quashqai in 4 weeks

So I've just got off the phone from mg they have started banging the drum there end again and I should get a response regarding my order tmorrow afternoon. I said don't even think about your cut and paste response again I'm not having it. I want someone higher up to be involved and to ask the questions.

I've been straight and simple if a car can't be allocated or you can't give me any idea of when to expect it so I can make plans. I've said you can make the order in to a paper airplane and throw it out the window: on a serious note I just said I'll have my deposit back and go else where more than likely back to petrol for now where I can get hold of a Nissan quashqai in 4
Good luck, there is E power Qashqai, drives like electric car and cheaper to run than normal petrol version

It's crazy that they can find the parts for the AUS/NZ cars at the same they can't supply ours🥱

Good luck, there is E power Qashqai, drives like electric car and cheaper to run than normal petrol version
Hi ash yeah I've saw it but no stock on them currently only just have the n connecta glass roof automatic and acenta premium models currently

Or they have some.mg5 old models in stock but it's just the old system and wheels for me but then I'm like am I been too picky

I've been straight and simple if a car can't be allocated or you can't give me any idea of when to expect it so I can make plans. I've said you can make the order in to a paper airplane and throw it out the window: on a serious note I just said I'll have my deposit back and go else where more than likely back to petrol for now where I can get hold of a Nissan quashqai in 4 weeks
To be honest I really think emailing MG UK or China or MD’s or anyone else does absolutely nothing at all. They will always always fob you off with the same answer. As far as I can see on this forum not one single person has received a car earlier as a direct response to emails or complaints. It is what it is MG do it their way and that’s it. I know the Dr has been told they’ve found him one but here we are weeks later and he still has no date for delivery. ( He is actually due any day now anyway looking at his order date) stick with it, it will arrive soon. Most of the dealers don’t even know when it will arrive, mine arrived at the shop yesterday and they had no idea until it turned up. It would seem that most people are waiting on average 10 - 11 months (I know there are a few longer)

If it is the sunroof the fulfilment rate for the SE should be high. In fact, according to Oakers spreadsheet at least, the fulfilment rate for the SE LR is a third of that of any other trim. I suppose they could have run out of parts recently but that would be odd given MG gave reasonable notice of the change in spec of the Trophy models. That was bound to lead to a rush of orders.

To be honest I really think emailing MG UK or China or MD’s or anyone else does absolutely nothing at all. They will always always fob you off with the same answer. As far as I can see on this forum not one single person has received a car earlier as a direct response to emails or complaints. It is what it is MG do it their way and that’s it. I know the Dr has been told they’ve found him one but here we are weeks later and he still has no date for delivery. ( He is actually due any day now anyway looking at his order date) stick with it, it will arrive soon. Most of the dealers don’t even know when it will arrive, mine arrived at the shop yesterday and they had no idea until it turned up. It would seem that most people are waiting on average 10 - 11 months (I know there are a few longer)
Hi Hino the way I see it is it's worth a go at least then if I cancel I know I tried everything and fair play to John he's not backing down either if we let these dealers do what they want then they will try to get away with murder.

And I am optimistic but I've just saw China Wuhan going in to lock down again so that isn't looking good I know it's like 800km away from.shanghai but let's be frank it travels quick
China Covid: Millions back in lockdown as Beijing doubles down on zero-Covid

I think I'll keep the order based on I just get some better information than just a cut and paste job l. I've got a phone call today with mg UK so me emailing them must be doing somethink as they would not entertain a phone call before

Will keep you all posted

I would place an order somewhere else too if i can find a different car that makes sense to me. Whichever arrives first, cancel the other one.

I had a look at CLA Diesel and Skoda Enyaq both 18 month wait time unfortunately, Love Nissan Ariya but the price was out of my range

For anyone wanting a short lead time order New-Car-Discount.com are advertising cars with estimated Dec/Jan delivery.
My delivery date is bang on the 3 weeks they quoted for my order so they seem to know what they are doing.

New-Car-Discount
It is a puzzle how they are doing it.

The lead time is long enough for it not to be a stock order. But it is short enough to make an order from MG's own franchises dealers look silly.

What magic are they doing?

Mine arrived bang on the day on a trailer, car was spotless with delivery mileage and full charge. Price is now £31, 994 which is a few hundred more than I paid but a few thousand below dealer price. Sold my existing car on autotrader (for a few thousand more than anycar etc) within a few minutes of placing the advert (caller placed a deposit and picked up next day). This is the first time I have bought a car this way and I can say it was faultless, some have had tetchy delivery drivers, but mine was really patient and helpful whilst I checked the car, he went over the basic controls etc.
Had it for a few weeks now and confirm it is more than worth the wait. I have had all sorts of cars over the years and this beats them all by some margin, a fabulous car for me.
And it came with both cables and mats.
Why wait?

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom