MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Vanarama placed their order via a letter sent to MG i think that might have got lost somewhere

Apart from Bulk order i dont see how they can get these out so quickly unless they had a few and now they will take orders like Vanarama etc and keep moving the goal post

I would not put them in the same sentence as Vanarama.
Mine was ordered in beginning of April and delivered end of September (three weeks late). I have been in contact with numerous customers via this site and have not come across anyone who has had delivery problems (famous last words :)). I contacted them before ordering as I had not bought a new car this way before and wanted some confidence. I think you can check via the delivery tracker created by another member of the site.

To those who are still waiting delivery. Hang on in there boy it is worth it. I waited 11 months glad I did. Try to learn how to do something every day.
Patience is a virtue to be enjoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a puzzle how they are doing it.

The lead time is long enough for it not to be a stock order. But it is short enough to make an order from MG's own franchises dealers look silly.

What magic are they doing?
They said the original order for mine was placed in December. My assumption is they are taking over cancelled fleet orders as it seems to be batches of the same spec.

Oh lads and Lasses…..I feel your trust in getting a car you ordered in good faith ( for some over twelve months ago) is truly wasted 😔

even with those of us whom have switched and gotten an MG4, we still have zero comms from MG UK/China.……

most of you are not going to get an MG ZS until the brand new MEP Platform ZS is on the order books. At which point, the old ICE Conversions will be forgotten about.

MG - China, really do not care a Jot for us lot here on the home of MG.

Quick side-bar…@Dr Jonny fever, glad you graduated from this thread. 👍🍺

I ordered 4th April this year ZS EV SR Trophy battersea blue. Have been told now it's looking like next year before I get delivery. I hope it doesn't take long, I had my home charger installed back in August so I'm ready to go

Last edited:
@Harry 17

I agree with you that the communication from MG has been woeful, and the method of car distribution has been very odd, even though we have been told that the vehicles are batch built, rather than built to order.

However, at least 110 MG ZS EV’s have been delivered out of the 275 listed on the order tracker - approximately 40% - with more arriving every day. The issues of a shortage of semi-conductors and wiring looms have obviously impacted many vehicle manufacturers as well as MG, but hopefully that is now starting to ease.

With the greatest of respect, I hope you are wrong, and many more of us receive an early Christmas (or New Year) surprise.

I ordered 4th April this year ZS EV SR Trophy battersea blue. Have been told now it's looking like next year before I get delivery. I hope it doesn't take long, I had my home charger installed back in August so I'm ready to go
I agree, my charger was fitted in early April, at this rate I might not have much warranty left on it.

Oh lads and Lasses…..I feel your trust in getting a car you ordered in good faith ( for some over twelve months ago) is truly wasted 😔

even with those of us whom have switched and gotten an MG4, we still have zero comms from MG UK/China.……

most of you are not going to get an MG ZS until the brand new MEP Platform ZS is on the order books. At which point, the old ICE Conversions will be forgotten about.

Dr Johnny has not graduated, no car yet and no specific date. He’s just “Wagging it” and taken himself off without graduation 😂😂😂 I hope to graduate Monday when I actually pick mine up.

In another note, I was travelling down the M5 today and saw two lorries both full of MG’s heading North (Around Stoke) I know there was a mix of ZS and MG4 on them. Good luck people!

I'm not sure I follow any of that...

May not post much, but still pop in and read your posts…

so just to try to put thing straight…I’ve been told by the dealership they have found another car for me…

NO..I don’t have a date for it..
NO..my dealership can’t give me a date, because they can’t track the car, because it’s not on there system..
YES..there system still says my order numbered car is still showing on “shortage”
YES…I have been told I will get the car, end of October or early November..
YES..I believe what I have been told is true and right and I will get a car soon..

may not have graduated yet, but have the gown and mortise board hat, ready..😂

Well finally cracked. Almost 11 months its shoot or bust. I want my bloody car by the beginning of next month or shove it. Sick of seeing orders from last week being filled while us at the front of the queue get booted to nevember. Own an MG 3 and know the service can better, that will be doing one too. Silent seething has ended. Not pleased to be seeing later orders honored anymore. Sorry guys totally peed off. And those who have waited longer than us start shouting its time for some flaming noise.
"Good afternoon looking for some positive information on our car ordered 4th Dec 2021....."
Thank you for contacting MG when exactly did you place your order?
Couldn't make it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered in 4th January 2022. But can we do just keep contacting dealer and they keep saying in January 2023 they don’t have got any information about it. MG China should provide some info to them for us.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom