MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

The lady on the phone from Vanarama did say she had 400 other people to call to break the news to. I'm going to give the dealer (as opposed to Vanarama) a call tomorrow to double check with them what's going on.
Just been told by the dealer no LR Zs cars on the latest sunlight ace delivery !! grrrrrrrrrr.

What’s the latest on delivery dates?, I haven’t heard anything for a while, I ordered mine back on January 17th, are people still being told May/June ?

Ah ok, wasn’t sure if dates might have been pushed back again due to Russia invading Ukraine as I’m sure some of the raw materials for the batteries come from Russia/Eastern Europe

Hi all, again today spotted a truck load MGs on M4 eastbound from Bristol. I couldn't get a photo as I was driving in the fast lane. Seems like ship must be docked recently at the port.

Last edited:
Hi all, again today spotted a truck load MGs on M4 westbound from Bristol. I couldn't get a photo as I was driving in the fast lane. Seems like ship must be docked recently at the port.
Sunlight Ace Docked 1st March.

Hi all, again today spotted a truck load MGs on M4 westbound from Bristol. I couldn't get a photo as I was driving in the fast lane. Seems like ship must be docked recently at the port.
ZS or 5 by any chance?

Don't know if I will get my this year then ordered the same car as you but on the 1st November. I Hope yours is on the sunlight ace which is presently in portbury docks. Good luck 👍

The lady on the phone from Vanarama did say she had 400 other people to call to break the news to. I'm going to give the dealer (as opposed to Vanarama) a call tomorrow to double check with them what's going on.
400... Car dealers fast becoming worse than estate agents :mad:

Just called vanarama bad news. They said all orders though them have been delayed till Sept due to a recall. So another long wait!!

Don’t think I can wait until September for mine - already on borrowed time with my current car!
Not only that, I’ve been putting off having the free charge point fitted as it ties me in to going ahead with the order (or I pay the £1100 for the point). Going EV isn’t my only option and that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Just called vanarama bad news. They said all orders though them have been delayed till Sept due to a recall. So another long wait!!

I too have been told by Vanarama not to expect delivery until September :(

They didn't give me the recall excuse though. Just the usual semiconductor chip shortage etc

Whilst they delay is gutting...I just hope I eventually get the car. Read some horror stories about Vanarama. Imagine waiting 10 months for a car that doesn't ever turn up...

Don’t think I can wait until September for mine - already on borrowed time with my current car!
Not only that, I’ve been putting off having the free charge point fitted as it ties me in to going ahead with the order (or I pay the £1100 for the point). Going EV isn’t my only option and that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Have you been told September too by Vanarama?

Doubt is was an actual recall... They just sold more cars than they could get.
You’re probably right, though I think Vanarama have likely been let down by MG in the same way that main dealers have been.

Vanarama told me end of April initially, as it was part of an order they had already placed. I could have paid less but would have had to wait longer for it. They then contacted me with the 7 April date.
I haven’t been given the September date yet but I’m sure it’s coming!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom