MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

There’s a pity - hopes had been raised this side of the Severn.
Oouch apologies mate! I hope they keep one or more inbound cargos from China to us in a month! 🤞

Last edited:
At this rate vanarama will have its own ship and its probably to big for the suez so will have to come the long way round

I’m waiting for my call from Vanarama :(
Frustrating but there’s little alternative. 2nd hand market is overstated. Other manufacturers are in same or worse position.

Just called vanarama bad news. They said all orders though them have been delayed till Sept due to a recall. So another long wait!!
How can you recall cars that haven't even been delivered!
By delivered I mean they haven't been loaded on the ship yet!
So a recall from outside the factory back in again?

How can you recall cars that haven't even been delivered!
By delivered I mean they haven't been loaded on the ship yet!
So a recall from outside the factory back in again?
I’m sort of hoping that in reality they don’t know but taking a guess to push dates back and avoid a load of chasers…

Rescinded the order acceptance maybe, rather than a 'recall'

My understanding is there's entire car parks of 95% completed cars sitting in Shanghai, waiting in semiconductor related parts.

Build slots are not a thing MG do. They batch build. Colours are a reason for a delay, they batch build.

Sounds like vanarama are going through the motions of giving excuses for the delays. When the truth is, noone really knows when these are going to show up.

I have had to make the decision to change my mind for an mg to a ioniq 5. Lack of info from Mg shows they are not customer focused, all other company's release statements and even make changes or give accurate waiting times from the start. Shame really I think it will be an amazing car.

Last edited:
Not sure if its been reported elsewhere. Santander have upped the Affinity finance from 4.9 to 5.9 and as the finance is not drawn down until just before delivery. You need to check as the deal (4.9 Apr) you thought you had may not be available when you come to sign the finance. My dealer spent an hour today trying to persuade Santander to stand by the deal offered at time of order. but because of the Bank of England base rate rises recently Santander refused.

Not sure if its been reported elsewhere. Santander have upped the Affinity finance from 4.9 to 5.9 and as the finance is not drawn down until just before delivery. You need to check as the deal (4.9 Apr) you thought you had may not be available when you come to sign the finance. My dealer spent an hour today trying to persuade Santander to stand by the deal offered at time of order. but because of the Bank of England base rate rises recently Santander refused.
Thank you for the heads up! VERY annoying if true

Wonder if this is part of what happened to mine. That said they wanted 4900%, but I assume the fix is the new product. It's really crap that a deal you signed up to expires before delivery. At least MG honour the order price.

Someone MUST know which parts are missing and in short supply for which models.
Does anybody on this forum know or have contact with somebody inside MG UK?
There must be somebody who knows the truth?
Most dealers will maintain 'they' have somebody they know 'inside' MG UK, but when it comes to it that person knows next to nothing!
So, unless MG UK has a building full of staff who really have no idea or have no contact with their Chinese counterparts, which is not that likely, then why isn't there a unified response to the question 'When are the MG ZS EV LR cars going to be finished and shipped?'
The bosses in China must know which parts are in short supply and when those parts, delayed as they are, will arrive or have a reasonable time scale for availability?

I have had to make the decision to change my mind for an mg to a ioniq 5. Lack of info from Mg shows they are not customer focused, all other company's release statements and even make changes or give accurate waiting times from the start. Shame really I think it will be an amazing car.
What was the promised delivery date ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom