MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Someone MUST know which parts are missing and in short supply for which models.
Does anybody on this forum know or have contact with somebody inside MG UK?
There must be somebody who knows the truth?
Most dealers will maintain 'they' have somebody they know 'inside' MG UK, but when it comes to it that person knows next to nothing!
So, unless MG UK has a building full of staff who really have no idea or have no contact with their Chinese counterparts, which is not that likely, then why isn't there a unified response to the question 'When are the MG ZS EV LR cars going to be finished and shipped?'
The bosses in China must know which parts are in short supply and when those parts, delayed as they are, will arrive or have a reasonable time scale for availability?
I asked a mate of mine who works there and he said;

我會得到我的外套

Ordered mid November and expected delivery mid March.
Spoke to the dealer yesterday who sounded totally fed up !.
He said they have no idea 🤷‍♂️ what is going on right now !.
Also said :- “ I will contact you if we hear anything”.
Obviously getting fed up with customers calling them all of the time !.
Went on to say :- “Hope we receive some cars shortly ( April ) or I will need to be looking for another job !.”
No wonder he sounded fed up !.

Hi, I spoke to Nathaniel's yesterday.
Each model has delays it seems.
There is no guarantee that ANY car ordered will turn up in the alloted time scale!
You MIGHT be lucky and your red Trophy will arrive, but don't count on it!
The latest shortage is the Infotainment screen. You can't ship a car without one of those!
There are apparently tens of thousands of cars in car parks in and around the factory waiting for bits to be fitted!
Quite why the infotainment screen is different on a petrol car as opposed to an EV no-one seems to know.
Because it is China, information which could harm the reputation of the company and included in that China, is kept secret! MG UK can't get answers it seems.
There is no way for a dealer to know where your car is on the production line, unlike some manufacturers.
with Jaguar Land Rover you can almost watch it travel down the line!

The truth is until it is on the ship, then and only then ,can you count the days until it turns up in Portbury, and that journey is one month plus depending on how many stops it has to make on route! And when it arrives there is a shortage of drivers to get them off the ship! Then there is the shortage of HGV drivers to get them to the dealers!
Best case scenario is if your car is loaded onto a ship TODAY and there is a chance it MIGHT arrive mid April earliest, realistically the beginning of May. Sorry to be so downbeat but at least it still will be the price you were quoted!
Ian
I think that there is a software difference between the ICE and the EV version. If I remember correctly, the EV Version has the new software but the ICE version has the new Infotainment but the same software version as the MK1 ZS.

I've been reading through this thread for a few weeks now. Im in Ireland and its pretty much the same story. I would assume that any cars being delivered might come from the UK rather than being shipped straight, but after Brexit this might have changed?!

Anyway, I ordered a ZS EV LR on 05 January 2022 for April delivery, put down my deposit and walked out happy. 3 Weeks later I got a call from the dealer advising on delays and the new timeframe was November 2022! I had heard that there was delays but didn't think it was as bad as that. I've got confirmation that the order was placed but no movement on November 2022.

From the sounds of what's being posted here, I would imagine that most people in the UK are going to be in the same situation. Dealers don't appear to have any real idea on when cars are being shipped, its the luck of the draw at the moment and if you've been given a June or July time, I would say its more realistic that its gong to be later. I did get a letter\statement from MG Ireland advising that due to Semiconductor shortages there would be delays but no estimates on timeframe for delivery.

Its just a waiting game now. My only concern is that I currently have a Focus Diesel that I was given a guaranteed trade in value on for the ZS and I am really hoping that nothing happens to it between now and delivery of the new car.

Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Just had the dreaded call there advising September delivery.

Really not sure if I want to wait that long (or even can). Need to have a think and work out my options as my current car has been misbehaving and the original timescale was working out perfectly.

Also need to contact ChargedEV to see what options I have for delaying.

Just got a call saying that my red Trophy Connect LR will be at the dealer on 23 March. Salesman reckons a few days to PDI and check it over, but they're keen to get a load out by the end of March. Ordered on Dec 1 last year. Here's hoping I get to use the shiny new Sync EV installed last month.....

Really not sure if I want to wait that long (or even can). Need to have a think and work out my options as my current car has been misbehaving and the original timescale was working out perfectly.

I'm in the same boat. ChargedEV will want to get it installed before the end of March due to the government funding running out. I think on newer orders Vanarama are no longer insisting on that government funding for the free charger but for the Nov/Dec orders I think they are.

I've also been told that despite it being a September delivery it will most likely be a 22 plate which suggests the dealer needs these cars registered before September.

Last edited:

Same here.

Current car has to go back 1st of May at the latest, so need to determine if I take a car on a short term lease until the MG arrives, or look elsewhere.

Just got a call saying that my red Trophy Connect LR will be at the dealer on 23 March. Salesman reckons a few days to PDI and check it over, but they're keen to get a load out by the end of March. Ordered on Dec 1 last year. Here's hoping I get to use the shiny new Sync EV installed last month.....
Congrats, could I ask where you ordered from please?

Congratulations. I ordered my trophy lr in November and every month the date gets pushed by another month. Was May at the beginning of February and now it is June. If it is any later I am just going to pull out as it is just not worth the hassle. A work colleague was considering placing an order for a zs ev but they are now going for a Skoda as they have been promised a shorter wait time. Will wait and see if that is kept.
Are all manufacturers just as badly affected?

Just passed new ZS EVs sitting at Linwood paisley. They’re marked as sold (I still don’t have a collection date but hopeful it will be this month). The notes on the windscreens indicate they were on the Shanghai to Bristol shipment if that helps.

We ordered mid November. Now been told September. Not sure what we're going to do..
If you're purchasing outright, consider buying an ex-demonstrator. I did a few weeks ago (a ZS LR trophy connect) and I'm so glad that I did. It really is a lovely car. There are a few on the MG website at a reasonable price, most are priced too high to justify doing that though.

Last edited:
If you're purchasing outright, consider buying an ex-demonstrator. I did a few weeks ago (a ZS trophy connect) and I'm so glad that I did. It really is a lovely car. There are a few on the MG website at a reasonable price, most are priced too high to justify doing that though.

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale
1646408228714.jpeg

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale
1646408391403.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom