MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Click on the title above each picture to get to the Autotrader advert :)

Click on the title above each picture to get to the Autotrader advert :)
The Trophy i-Connect HAS to be their X Demo vehicle.
It is 1 owner preregistered car to the dealership, which is not a problem to a lot of folks.
I have bought a few pre-reg cars myself over the many years of driving.
But at this price, it does not represent the price compatible with a pre-reg car in my opinion.
Asking £33,000 for a car that the dealer has first purchased firstly at a cost price from MG, then no doubt they where in full receipt of the PICG grant PRIOR to the reduction, this does not make a value for money option to buy really ??.

The Trophy i-Connect HAS to be their X Demo vehicle.
It is 1 owner preregistered car to the dealership, which is not a problem to a lot of folks.
I have bought a few pre-reg cars myself over the many years of driving.
But at this price, it does not represent the price compatible with a pre-reg car in my opinion.
Asking £33,000 for a car that the dealer has first purchased firstly at a cost price from MG, then no doubt they where in full receipt of the PICG grant PRIOR to the reduction, this does not make a value for money option to buy really ??.
Yep £33k does appear to be a lot. Mine is same spec with roughly similar miles and MOTORWAY are offering £29k to buy it back. Warranty is still with MG for 7 years, so no cost to them for that.

I suppose they do have it and you could collect tomorrow :)

Yep £33k does appear to be a lot. Mine is same spec with roughly similar miles and MOTORWAY are offering £29k to buy it back. Warranty is still with MG for 7 years, so no cost to them for that.

I suppose they do have it and you could collect tomorrow :)
On the road price for a new Trophy LR in black from MG dealership is £34.290.00 so it's not that bad a deal.

On the road price for a new Trophy LR in black from MG dealership is £34.290.00 so it's not that bad a deal.
A local (ish) dealer has two X Demos for sale.
Both LR Trophy I-Connects on 71 plates.
Both at the same price :- £34,990 !!!!.
I don’t call that cheap, I call that profitable myself 🤣.
They can stay there at that price !.

A local (ish) dealer has two X Demos for sale.
Both LR Trophy I-Connects on 71 plates.
Both at the same price :- £34,990 !!!!.
I don’t call that cheap, I call that profitable myself 🤣.
They can stay there at that price !.
I wouldn't buy one, I would sooner wait and have a 72 plate seeing I'm in my 3rd month of waiting. If they are selling pre registered ex demos that have to be substantially cheaper than a new one. That's just profiteering because of the delays, how can you sell a ex demo for more than the new one 🤔

Tough times, I suppose they have to turn stock just to survive. With all the delays sadly we might be seeing people layed off.

It is with a sense of relief (I think) to say we have changed which ZS EV we are getting , and are now picking both our new cars up this month.

In January we had ordered two LR SE models. The LR as we were told they were coming first, and the SE as the Trophy had just gone over the grant threshold. We were initially told May for delivery, but recently it was looking more like June.

Earlier this week I noticed on our dealer’s page (Arnold Clark Rutherglen) availability from March, but for the SR version. After a quick phone call, we were told there was unallocated stock of SR Trophy models coming in over the next few weeks. We are leasing them, and the monthly payment was pretty much exactly the same, so we’ve made the call to cancel our original order and go for it.

It’s rare we would ever drive more than 200 miles in the one go, and being in Scotland there are - at least for now - plenty of free chargers to use. Also, the lure of the (p)leather heated seats and sunroof seemed like a worthwhile trade off. It’s something I’d certainly benefit more often from than the extra range. I was also getting the fear over delayed arrival times (especially the Vanarama news this week) so fee it was the right call.

Just thought I’d say in case there was anyone else anxious about the wait and wasn’t particularly fussed over the bigger battery. May be worth a call!

Vanarama certainly seem to be mentioned most in arrival date set backs on here. I live in Northern Ireland and vanarama refused to sell to me because if where I live, even if I came to the mainland to collect. So O got my lease deal from Arnold Clark in Glasgow. Order date Jam 15th, expected delivery April 25th. So far they haven't told me that has changed and I haven't chases them for fear of bad news. And yea I have seriously considered changing my order from LR to SR if I get word of a delay. In Northern Ireland we don't travel far before we reach the edge anyway, so don't really have much range anxiety. I'm used to driving LPG converted ICE cars for 15 years which have their own range anxiety issues anyway.

Think it may be the same dealer. We ordered two on Jan 9, was originally told middle of May, then when I called to check around a month ago were told June. The thing of nobody actually knowing was what was worrying me!

If MG don't start putting more information out about the delays they are going to lose a lot of customers.
Our friends wanting to buy a new iPace have to place an order and wait 12 months. Even then that is not an absolute guarantee.

Tesla are quoting 14 to 20 weeks. They have been delivering cars to meet targets with features missing because of chip supply problems.

The entire automotive industry in having problems meeting customer orders. It is even worse for EVs where demand already outstrips supply.

Last edited:
Vanarama certainly seem to be mentioned most in arrival date set backs on here. I live in Northern Ireland and vanarama refused to sell to me because if where I live, even if I came to the mainland to collect. So O got my lease deal from Arnold Clark in Glasgow. Order date Jam 15th, expected delivery April 25th. So far they haven't told me that has changed and I haven't chases them for fear of bad news. And yea I have seriously considered changing my order from LR to SR if I get word of a delay. In Northern Ireland we don't travel far before we reach the edge anyway, so don't really have much range anxiety. I'm used to driving LPG converted ICE cars for 15 years which have their own range anxiety issues anyway.
I may be wrong in my thoughts here but reading the pushback dates generally seems to be coming from Vanarama. who, it would appear have over committed to their customers. This would figure as they are, i believe, a leasing company not a MG dealership?. MG I would imagine are going to be concentrating on getting their dealerships stocked as that will be their priority.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom