MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Emerald Leader, due in at 12:00 has also turned around at the mouth of the Bristol Channel. It looks like the labour shortage is slowing down the offloading of berthed ships.

I’ve just read a piece about China having no qualms as to where their nickel comes from so EV battery production should not be affected.

Last edited:
Hey all! Ordered MG 5 LR Dynamic red end of January. Order form says 4th April estimate delivery. On reading all of this…..chance of that being met is in the same place as the Titanic!!

Spoke to my dealer last week to get an update - the system was now telling them June (it was originally March 28th, then May 6th)

I did ask "June-the-what?" - he said the system just said June. He seemed confident about the date, but who knows?! Will believe it when I see it.

Blue Trophy LR - Ordered 4th Dec - Baylis MG Gloucester.
Generally I only find information about delivery (same dealer) is when you post 😂 as much as I like the dealer, they have not been forward in contacting me, I usually speak to them after you post something on here lol my last conversation they said end of May but now I don’t want to ask! Although I did email the other day but had no response. I ordered LR SE on 08 Jan

It's a lock in Portbury (same as all the ports along the Bristol channel) so only opens on high water I believe. Impossible to get in during any other time due to the huge tidal range in the Bristol Channel.

Ship is probably going back and forth because of a delay in the port (no berths, cargo delays, no pilot available or tugs etc ). Usually they go to anchor but not many suitable anchorages in that area, again due to tides.

It's a lock in Portbury (same as all the ports along the Bristol channel) so only opens on high water I believe. Impossible to get in during any other time due to the huge tidal range in the Bristol Channel.

Ship is probably going back and forth because of a delay in the port (no berths, cargo delays, no pilot available or tugs etc ). Usually they go to anchor but not many suitable anchorages in that area, again due to tides.
I believe the Bristol Channel has one of the largest tidal changes of any river estuary in the world?

I believe the Bristol Channel has one of the largest tidal changes of any river estuary in the world?
Yes it certainly does. On Spring Tides (twice a month) the tidal range is huge. In Swansea Bay, the tide goes out about half a mile. As has been mentioned, most, if not all ports in the Bristol Channel have locks to maintain a level within the docks. There must be berth congestion in Bristol as high water is every 6 hours so it's not the draught of the ship that is the problem.

There is an anchorage off Swansea/Port Talbot - the huge iron ore carriers anchor there to wait for a berth at the steelworks berths at Port Talbot.

There's a bit of action in the Bristol Channel now. One vessel being towed through the lock followed by a couple of tugs. A vehicle carrier from Japan has just gone past the Clevedon camera, and a couple more are heading for the dock. Hopefully some good news soon.

Some movement they have let in emerald and Michigan but not viking
Screenshot_20220310_125904.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom