MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

we ordered the the Silver version in auto, however, they ordered a manual and didn't think we would notice they made a mistake. so no car for us. told to wait for next shipment.
Oh noooo! Can't think of anything worse than that phone call. Absolute idiots.

No quibble, just waiting on return of funds now.

I would imagine they either have something in the sales agreement that if goods are received by a certain date the deposited can be refunded and/or they know that someone will snap up the car given demand.

I would imagine they either have something in the sales agreement that if goods are received by a certain date the deposited can be refunded and/or they know that someone will snap up the car given demand.
I think the latter, the demand for these is so high I’m not sure they care about my purchase right now. Especially as they can’t manufacture the car.

Yes in times when there are 6 months waiting queues for cars dealers have all the power. If you don't buy it there are 10 people who would be thrilled to get one sooner. No evs are just stood at dealership waiting for sale they are gone months before truck brings them. Until that changes we will be dealing with this treatment for a while

We all should consider........for everyone of us on this forum commenting about delays, lack of communication etc etc. There will be countless others not on this forum, up the queue and down the queue, who will undoubtedly be equally as frustrated. There are delays across the whole motor industry and across other sectors and industries too. It's something we can't change, we just have to wait our turn. What the delays do is allow for an extended cooling off period, concentrate the mind and may be think about other options.

We all should consider........for everyone of us on this forum commenting about delays, lack of communication etc etc. There will be countless others not on this forum, up the queue and down the queue, who will undoubtedly be equally as frustrated. There are delays across the whole motor industry and across other sectors and industries too. It's something we can't change, we just have to wait our turn. What the delays do is allow for an extended cooling off period, concentrate the mind and may be think about other options.
James O'Brien started off his 10:00 am slot on LBC this morning talking about ordering a VW e-Up! for his wife. He was told how long he would have to wait and thought they said 4 to 7 weeks. They actually said 47 weeks.

I ordered a ZS EV on the 06/08/21 on the Motability scheme, like most people on this forum have been waiting ever since. I have started to believe that car buyers are given priority over Motability customers sorry about the rant but I have given up😒
Can you confirm order date as in your first post on forum you stated 'last October' as date ordered.

To be totally honest, I think all makers are going to struggle for both cars and spares for a while now !.
MG spares parts supply is not great, this is very true.
Sometimes luck 🍀 pays a big part in the situation.
If you encounter a parts failure and the item is held in the MG U.K. stores, then you are only waiting a couple of days.
If the parts need to come from China, then you are looking at a couple of weeks.
Some parts on the ICE model are comparable with the ZS EV.
But certain items are exclusive to the EV model.
There is a delay, almost straight away.
I was speaking to a lady who works at a car hire company a few weeks ago.
She said a lot of their fleet where stuck at the dealers, awaiting parts.
Not all the same car or make either !.
Spares from China, a couple of weeks, my MG5 EV was attacked by an upstart Nova and the repairers have been waiting since Mid-January, with still no delivery date on the horizon.

Spares from China, a couple of weeks, my MG5 EV was attacked by an upstart Nova and the repairers have been waiting since Mid-January, with still no delivery date on the horizon.
We waited almost a month for two brake parts to fix the electric handbrake on our Gen1 ZS EV.
Body panels could be a longer wait.
Body panels for a Tesla take an age to arrive.

White LR trophy ordered in november from Chorley. Have had the delivery bumped from jan to March to May and now June. MG can’t tell their bottom from their elbow. The only manufacturer on the ball here is Tesla. Model y lr ordered now delivers in may/June from GigaBerlin.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom