MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

The waiting time is anything between 6-12 months. However, if there is a cancelled order there may be a possibility to get your hands on one sooner depending on the waiting list.
I think you have replied to the first post on this forum - September 2021. Dundee1961 had delivery of his car a while ago. His last post was to do with his car door lock in May. You have to press on the double arrows to the right to get to the last page.

This message has just arrived from Vanarama.
Just a quick message to let you know the dealer has advised us that they should have an update for these vehicles next week. Once we have the information on when we are likely to see these vehicles, we will be getting in touch with you ASAP. We will be advising the September date until the update comes in but this date could move past September. Regards

This message has just arrived from Vanarama.
Just a quick message to let you know the dealer has advised us that they should have an update for these vehicles next week. Once we have the information on when we are likely to see these vehicles, we will be getting in touch with you ASAP. We will be advising the September date until the update comes in but this date could move past September. Regards
Sorry. I ordered in November 2021 a LR trophy in Silver

@kewbob @Gazza @sha66ir
I've let MG UK know about the issues which have been discussed - regarding the Darlington cancellations, and the Cars2 grant mismanagement. They are investigating.

To clarify:
  • MG UK has not cancelled any sold customer orders.
  • Grants should be applied for at the time the order is taken, and both OZEV and MG UK had given guidance to dealerships back in December about how to ensure that any oustanding orders which hadn't yet had a grant application made would be able to be claimed for retrospectively (by a deadline in December).
Hi @Miles Roberts CG when an order for an MG ZS EV is approaching 9 months and is likely to go over with the OZEV applied to the car. Am I correct in thinking the dealer will have to apply for an extension for the OZEV grant?

Update on cancelled car

According to MG UK my car is still on order, I asked why the dealer had told me it was cancelled and they know nothing about it, they are going to investigate the dealership.

I can only see one other on this forum that has had their car cancelled and they bought from same dealer. I suspect the dealer has been a bit devious and has lied about the whole thing but I doubt it will ever come to light if they are.

I will not be buying an MG of any sort now or in the future. Not only have I lost the car, I’ve lost the grant, the extras promised and the px value on the car I have now. Very disappointed, very upset and terribly let down.

I hope you all get the cars you have ordered sooner rather than later.
So sorry you've been let down this way.

I know you've understandably been turned off the brand and are tired of the whole experience, but if there's even a slim chance you can still get your vehicle (since it's still on order), you could perhaps just keep it until you find something else.

To echo other's sentiments, keep pursuing it & press MG on their investigation. This dealership has cost you the grant which you cannot even now use against another car - that is absolutely unacceptable. MG should make it right for you as a customer, and it's for them so sort out whatever action they want to take with the dealer.

Might be prudent to let MG get to the bottom of things, it would be a good outcome for you if MG encourage the dealer to adhere to their commitments. It looks like the dealer may indeed be up to mischief and not MG. I suspect you may very well get a "we have made a terrible mistake" phone call
Yeah, and pigs might fly 🤣🤣🤣

Hi @Miles Roberts CG when an order for an MG ZS EV is approaching 9 months and is likely to go over with the OZEV applied to the car. Am I correct in thinking the dealer will have to apply for an extension for the OZEV grant?
Yes, the dealer gets a reminder email, and they have to click through to extend the grant for a further 3 months.

I can see on the press release they’re indicating the order books are going to be opened in a matter of weeks.

Do we think they will be able to change the dates on the outstanding orders from TBA to a new estimated date at the same time? Seems counter productive to close the books to get on top of orders and then re-open with no idea when existing/long standing orders will be fulfilled.

I do wonder if they think over the coming weeks they’re going to get large batches sent over.

Oh boy, getting a bit nervous after reading this thread and the article about orders being suspended ...

Had my order confirmed for an MG ZS Trophy LR through a leasing company on Wednesday afternoon... hoping its managed to get squeezed in and I won't hear its been cancelled next week etc.. I don't mind a 6 month wait, but its the ideal car I need for a job I start in July, will be using our ZE50 until / if it arrives
They should not have given you a 6 month wait on an LR. My lease company is quoting 12 months on LRs (when you could order last week).

Update on my grant issue....contacted mg via email yesterday informing them about the dealer claiming they hadn't applied for the grant and were want £2500 extra off me...MG stated that it was not unusual for dealers not to claim the grant until the car was delivered and there's nothing they can do...dealer called me today to tell me the car will be ready for collection next Thursday

@kewbob @Gazza @sha66ir
I've let MG UK know about the issues which have been discussed - regarding the Darlington cancellations, and the Cars2 grant mismanagement. They are investigating.

To clarify:
  • Grants should be applied for at the time the order is taken, and both OZEV and MG UK had given guidance to dealerships back in December about how to ensure that any oustanding orders which hadn't yet had a grant application made would be able to be claimed for retrospectively (by a deadline in December).
Thank you for this, MG have emailed and said they are going to investigate.

@kewbob @Gazza @sha66ir

To clarify:
Cheers Miles today had a phone call from car2 franchise manager who stuck to his guns with that the grant claims were not submitted and they would only submit the grant claim when the cars were delivered ..when I challenged him about the drop of £1000 in December he said that they would have stood to that...the car is ready to pick up next Thursday...I'm screwed

I’d echo that. Reality is you’ll be at the back of the queue for another manufacturer. Best case your order is still “live” at the original price and you get a “we’re sorry we didn’t meet standards”. Worst case is your order canx and they can’t offer anything. The lead times are rubbish and the comms worse but, once they get their cars most owners seem to be happy.
I can understand your sentiment but I wouldn’t be able to put any trust whatsoever in Drive Darlington, either to deliver the car or to care for it in the future. MG need to thoroughly investigate what’s happened with them as on the face of it with cancelled orders and then offering cars to others who have made ‘sales enquiries’ on this forum, the sales techniques of this dealership are rotten to the core. The brand damage to MG is likely irreparable to those affected.

Yes, unfortunately that's old news as it was supposedly halted a few weeks ago now 👍🏻 apparently ZS books are due to reopen in a few weeks.

Anyone see thus today

Cheers Miles today had a phone call from car2 franchise manager who stuck to his guns with that the grant claims were not submitted and they would only submit the grant claim when the cars were delivered ..when I challenged him about the drop of £1000 in December he said that they would have stood to that...the car is ready to pick up next Thursday...I'm screwed
MG and car2 = completely inept. I wouldn't buy it, they're likely to ask you to bend over in the showroom..

They should not have given you a 6 month wait on an LR. My lease company is quoting 12 months on LRs (when you could order last week).

Time will tell I guess, I was told at least 6 months for the Trophy LR, they couldn't even give an estimate if I went for the connect model.

Like I said, the wait doesnt bother me as I am in no rush for the car as its being leased for a new role at work, so if I don't like the job it'll be getting cancelled.. if time goes on and it stretches out more towards a year, I will need to find an alternative

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom