MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

How can he place an order - I thought the order book was closed to allow MG to supply the backlog of orders? Is there anything truthful that comes out of that dealership?
I think they can reassign an existing order, i.e one of the cancelled orders, clearly not caring about the £1500 fine as they probably add that onto the inflated price!

Update on cancelled car

According to MG UK my car is still on order, I asked why the dealer had told me it was cancelled and they know nothing about it, they are going to investigate the dealership.

I can only see one other on this forum that has had their car cancelled and they bought from same dealer. I suspect the dealer has been a bit devious and has lied about the whole thing but I doubt it will ever come to light if they are.

I will not be buying an MG of any sort now or in the future. Not only have I lost the car, I’ve lost the grant, the extras promised and the px value on the car I have now. Very disappointed, very upset and terribly let down.

I hope you all get the cars you have ordered sooner rather than later.
Is it not worth hanging in there and getting them to honour the deal you made with them given MG have confirmed the order is still active? If you have legal expenses cover on your home insurance, you could possibly use that to get a solicitor involved.

I think they can reassign an existing order, i.e one of the cancelled orders, clearly not caring about the £1500 fine as they probably add that onto the inflated price!

I got a response from MG on this theme, and basically they are saying the dealer can do what they want with the order book.

Response below (complete with grammar issues):

“MG fulfils customer orders as per the order date and the vehicles will be delivered to the dealership accordingly. Dealership has the right to manage their customer order as long as they give a valid reason for the change, however, this means it will potentially affect other customer order queue.

Although all is facing the same challenge in this industry, some manufacturers may even have much longer wating time. As a brand, MG endeavours to deliver all customer orders as early as possible and we are doing the best we can.

The delivery ETA is subject to change, which could be even sooner once the production has commenced, we can only encourage you to keep updated with your purchasing dealer who can also approach their regional manager for assistance if they also feel there is a need for the change.”

Could be... Jacob had said he's been in and out of the showroom this morning, maybe he's not been down Rabans Lane...
He also said the MG Manager with all the access to the order systems is off today.
Let's see what tomorrow brings?
We can but hope that they’ve managed to get some in that meet our orders….hopefully we all get a call in the next few days telling us our cars are in and we can collect.

Cheers Miles today had a phone call from car2 franchise manager who stuck to his guns with that the grant claims were not submitted and they would only submit the grant claim when the cars were delivered ..when I challenged him about the drop of £1000 in December he said that they would have stood to that...the car is ready to pick up next Thursday...I'm screwed
I have the same issue, in one breath your cars going to be here in July, in the next you can't have the grant. I did point out that grant applications can be made at the point of sale and he promised to look into it and call back but as I'm 0/50+ for call backs since placing the order I'm not expecting one. Does feel a bit fishy, surely as soon as they heard they could have got the applications in? Had been planning to contact cars2 head office and MG but looks like they're a dead end.

Just got a call from MG Darlington from their manager. He told me that these cancelled orders are not suppose to be cancelled.
The customers with cancelled orders will be contacted for the matter to be discussed.
Hope you guys can have your cancelled orders reversed.

Well I was told June 20th and I received my mg5 long range exclusive in Westminster silver on the 14th on my drive. Really pleased with the car, everything is spot on, no rattles or electronic problems or manufacturing defects at all despite all the upheaval that China has gone through in the last few months.

Just got a call from MG Darlington from their manager. He told me that these cancelled orders are not suppose to be cancelled.
The customers with cancelled orders will be contacted for the matter to be discussed.
Sounds like a bit of jiggery-pokery to me

It just goes to show how helpful these forums are as it means the dealer is correcting this. I’m sure you’re input and that of Miles highlighting it to MG has all had some sway.

It would be interesting to know if those whose orders have been contacted have had the call.

I wonder whether MG breathed down their necks... I hope it all works out for those waiting.

Bit of humble pie to be ate there? Wonder if they still have valid grants for the customers?
I still don’t get how they can sell the cars cheap. When the LR cars were made available last year the SE version was £31K OTR. you could get a grant to reduce.
MG Darlington offered to sell this car for £29K last week with a September delivery.
If they change the name it is £1.5K fine. They cannot port the grant to someone else. There is not £2K margin in the car. What is the point of selling this car making a loss. Something does not add up.
Also how can they secure a delivery of September? Most people on the waiting list are now simply TBA.

Yes, the dealer gets a reminder email, and they have to click through to extend the grant for a further 3 months.
Miles, thank you for your reply it does give comfort - what happens at the 9 month point do i need to do anything, ordered via Martyn at Chorley ordered 11 Nov so the next key date for me will be the 11 Aug (9 months). Thanks

Hi all just thought you might be interested, on my way back from Anglesey I passed a transporter loaded with MGs nb on m6 at Leyland about 14:45 this afternoon.
Also got phone call (shock horror lol🤣🤣🤣) from the sales manager, no less, of MG Carlisle (BSM) to tell me my se lr is at sea eta mid August. I nearly feinted from shock.

Hi all just thought you might be interested, on my way back from Anglesey I passed a transporter loaded with MGs nb on m6 at Leyland about 14:45 this afternoon.
Also got phone call (shock horror lol🤣🤣🤣) from the sales manager, no less, of MG Carlisle (BSM) to tell me my se lr is at sea eta mid August. I nearly feinted from shock.
Can I ask when did u order?

Yeah I got a phone call on Monday from vanarama to say they’d contact me at the end of the week but to prepare myself for it slipping from September to December
Got a call from them today. Didn’t mention December but did say expect delay after September! Ordered 13 December ‘21.

I popped into my local MG dealership to ask of they can check my order number on their system, wasn't ordered through them, online lease. Said he couldn't do it due to GDPR. I asked if he has received any customer ZS LR, he said not one BUT until Wednesday all orders were showing TBA then 10 in the UK on route to the dealership. I ordered mid December so I'm feeling optimistic for all the 21 orders outstanding.

I popped into my local MG dealership to ask of they can check my order number on their system, wasn't ordered through them, online lease. Said he couldn't do it due to GDPR. I asked if he has received any customer ZS LR, he said not one BUT until Wednesday all orders were showing TBA then 10 in the UK on route to the dealership. I ordered mid December so I'm feeling optimistic for all the 21 orders outstanding.
So 10 suddenly went from TBA to then en route to dealership in the UK?

So 10 suddenly went from TBA to then en route to dealership in the UK?
That's what the guy said. And I asked if my car is specifically allocated to me as in can the supplying dealer pick and choose who gets what and he said its not possible, it all has match the order number. Different for cancelled orders though. I'm sure others have been told the same, TBA then your car is in the country.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom