MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Find your new MG | MG MOTOR UK says 279 ready right now, even though I been waiting since December. Has anyone got there's with a fast turnaround?
But many of the adverts have wording like this: "Please note - delivery times are taking much longer than usual, so hurry before lead times get even longer - place your order now!".

Ordered our MG ZS LR Nov 21. After a lot of delivery dates coming and going I contacted MG UK again and on the 1st of June part of the email received from MG UK read. (Up on checking with the relevant team, we can see this order is currently on shortage awaiting factory build, until production has been confirmed we cannot confirm an exact arrival date.) So all I can say is take what you hear from MG UK via email with a pinch of salt the reason being that today I was pleasantly informed by Chorley Group MG Burnley that the car they ordered for me had arrived and I could collect our car this Wednesday. We have had nothing but a great experience dealing with MG Burnley with our previous and current MG purchase. So TBA in our case means To Be Airlifted because thats the only way it could go from awaiting factory build 1st of June to collection 22nd of June lol.

Last edited:
Ah that's interesting! Maybe the lease companies order through the MG dealerships, acting as a kind of middleman, getting preferential rates as bringing in volume of sales!? I wonder if anyone can confirm or deny this.
Yeah that's how it works. My Tusker order and my current Zenith car all come through dealers.

The lease companies are basically taking bets on the future value of the cars they lease to have a business.

Luscombe seem to do a lot of lease business.

Yeah that's how it works. My Tusker order and my current Zenith car all come through dealers.

The lease companies are basically taking bets on the future value of the cars they lease to have a business.

Luscombe seem to do a lot of lease business.
So my question still stands, will the orders made through a lease company effect the delivery as suggested by one of the dealerships!

Surely once an order has been placed by a lease company through an MG dealer then there is little difference in relation to that order from orders for their own customers?

Still no responses from anyone on here saying they've recieved a lease company vehicle?

So my question still stands, will the orders made through a lease company effect the delivery as suggested by one of the dealerships!

Surely once an order has been placed by a lease company through an MG dealer then there is little difference in relation to that order from orders for their own customers?

Still no responses from anyone on here saying they've recieved a lease company vehicle?
I guess you’ve had no response from anyone on here, is because no one knows, maybe you could try Miles..

At 1st he told us March. Then it jumped to June ish maybe.. Not been told TBA. Now Nigel rang out of the blue and said by end of June. BUT, until his hands on bonnet no promise on pick up date. Hopefully we have another call soon.
Let us know when you get your car.

Lease vehicles are ordered through the dealerships just like any other order so not sure how MG would find out?

I can think of 3 in work that have been delivered since March, all through our leasing company.

Ah that's interesting! Maybe the lease companies order through the MG dealerships, acting as a kind of middleman, getting preferential rates as bringing in volume of sales!? I wonder if anyone can confirm or deny this.
Lease companies do go through dealerships (well, at least mine does) but not sure about any volume discount.

Lease vehicles are ordered through the dealerships just like any other order so not sure how MG would find out?

I can think of 3 in work that have been delivered since March, all through our leasing company.
Motability is a type of lease buyer. Motability customers have exactly the same priority as any other purchaser.

You get an order placed date and sit and wait. Don’t bother going to your dealer - they probably know less than you.
Don’t bother going to MG, they know less than the dealer.
Don’t bother going to SAIC - they just build batches of what they have parts for.
Oh look, found some silver paint - let’s make silver ones today….

I reckon that in the UK, 5000 people are waiting for cars. Then we find that cars that nobody has ordered arrive - sell them to the first person that walks through the door, but don’t give them to people on the waiting list, they need to wait till their specific car is manufactured.

Hang on, specific car, we have just been told that they don’t make specific cars. You just can’t believe anything.

It really beggars belief that the manufacturer is so distant from what is actually on order?

Perhaps TBA is an excuse? - Training Being Administered.

So dealers are contacting people to say cars starting to arrive, let’s hope that somehow this poorly run system happens to throw out the TBA car that we ordered to the dealer soon.

Motability is a type of lease buyer. Motability customers have exactly the same priority as any other purchaser.

You get an order placed date and sit and wait. Don’t bother going to your dealer - they probably know less than you.
Don’t bother going to SAIC - they just build batches of what they have parts for.

I reckon that in the UK, 5000 people are waiting for cars. Then we find that cars that nobody has ordered arrive - sell them to the first person that walks through the door, but don’t give them to people on the waiting list, they need to wait till their specific car is manufactured.

Hang on, specific car, we have just been told that they don’t make specific cars. You just can’t believe anything.

It really beggars belief that the manufacturer is so distant from what is actually on order?

So dealers are contacting people to say cars starting to arrive, let’s hope that somehow this poorly run system happens to throw out the TBA car that we ordered to the dealer soon.
In my case, hopefully not too soon- subject to SWMBO approval about to hit the trigger on an eCorsa as a stopgap.

Imagine trying to get a replacement motor or traction battery for one of these; you'd be off the road for years. Amateurs.

I can think of 3 in work that have been delivered since March, all through our leasing
Is good to know that lease cars are going out!
And agreed, I can't believe that it matters who placed the order with MG to effect its build or delivery! But you never know

In my case, hopefully not too soon- subject to SWMBO approval about to hit the trigger on an eCorsa as a stopgap.
Keep looking at the Motability list to see what has changed - noticed this morning that now there are 6 models of the Nissan Ayira on the scheme - only problem is the upfront payment starts at £6,495 up to £7,049 which is going to be difficult to justify. The ZS Trophy LR on order is £1,199 which is a big difference.
Do we call our losses and give up after waiting so long? Who knows if we are jumping out of the frying pan into the fire?

Just had a call from the dealers and they have told me that my ZS Trophy LR in blue has been built and is awaiting shipping. Expected delivery in September. Ordered 6th November 2021
That’s good news hopefully mine won’t be so far behind ordered 19th January ZS Trophy connect in monument Silver.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom