MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Message to Arefriendselectric :-
You should be hearing something very soon. Suggest you send email to MG UK and ask the specific question - when will my car arrive ? Also get your dealer to chase area manager.
Definitely worth a try.
Thank you. I have tried both but no luck so far…

Just had a call from Kia dealer my new Niro EV should be with me mid August will ask for 1st Sept reg for new plate (72). Said he will call again 20th July with update. Ordered 27th May 2022.
Which kia niro ev did you go for if you don't mind me asking? Also what colour?

Have any Vanarama orders been fulfilled yet?
Haven’t seen anyone on here saying they have.
No sign of mine yet. Apparently they are supposed to get an update from MG by the end of the month - probably to tell them not to expect cars until 2023!

Did they indicate roughly when it was due to arrive. I think someone posted there was a ship due to dock on the 12th July?
That’s the date my dealer has quoted but who knows!! No idea whether that’s the docking date, the date it arrives at the dealer or date I can pick it up. In fact, now I think about it……..they never said what year!!!!

Message to Arefriendselectric :-
You should be hearing something very soon. Suggest you send email to MG UK and ask the specific question - when will my car arrive ? Also get your dealer to chase area manager.
Definitely worth a try.
In my experience, that’s a waste of time. Cut and paste responses.

Checked in with Balsall common got a tale about Audi buying washing machines to strip the semi conductors out, no news on my red LR TC still TBA
BMW were buying microwaves and stripping them down for chips a few months ago, they are also only supplying one key with some cars to save the chips and will send one out when they can

One thing that I have learnt from all of this is to try & choose the dealer carefully. The cheapest is not always the best!
Too right I chose Cars2 and they've ripped me off for another £1000 claiming that they never applied for the grant when I ordered my car back in November..they wantedan extra £25000....now the grants finished and the car is waiting collection

In my experience, that’s a waste of time. Cut and paste responses.
I sent 3 emails to MG UK and got 3 responses. On the last email I asked direct questions with yes/No answers. For instance: -
Is the order for my car on your system? Yes/No
Can I expect delivery of my car this year? Yes/No

• They confirmed car was on order.
  • They advised within 8 months for a January order.

On the second email I asked why dealers were getting stock and March orders fulfilled, when orders are outstanding for customers who joined the waiting list in November last year. Got the following response: -

Our MG dealer networks are independent businesses which have their own management structure. We are unable to confirm how MG dealers manage their internal stock, such as if one of their customers may have cancelled an order, dealer demo orders, etc.
For accurate information regarding stock availability, it is best to speak to the dealer directly for confirmation also, MG Motor UK Ltd and our dealer network do not manage public information.

Although all is facing the same challenge in this industry, some manufacturers may even have much longer waiting time. As a brand, MG endeavours to deliver all customer orders as early as possible and fulfil customers' orders according to the order date, we are doing the best we can. A number of actions have been taken to enable us to prioritise the customer orders, such as petrol car sold orders only, dealer stock order restrictions, etc.

Was not the greatest answers but at least I have something to give to my dealer who is yet to see one LR car whilst MG Darlington apparently have two of my exact spec cars sat in their compound.
If enough of us complain then the MG UK will understand the level of frustration and maybe they can pass onto SAIC who will do some more production runs of cars to fulfil the orders.

My theory is full of holes but at least I am trying.

Too right I chose Cars2 and they've ripped me off for another £1000 claiming that they never applied for the grant when I ordered my car back in November..they wantedan extra £25000....now the grants finished and the car is waiting collection
Sorry about the typo error £2500....

Sorry to hear. Are you saying that now the car is here you are being asked for an extra £1,000 plus £2,500 (grant never applied for) = £3,500 total on top of the agreed price on the order made last year?
Back on 6th Jun MgMackay paid £30,495 for a white LR Trophy from Cars2 - he enquired on the Wednesday and collected on the Friday. List price from November excluding Grant for base White LR Trophy was £33,495.
Yours, if list price Nov’21 should be £33,495 plus an extra £545 for Blue at the most.

No update so far this week on my 30/11 trophy long range in silver order.

Tunbridge Wells MG have only had one long range and one standard range arrive so far apparently…
I now have a month of September on the ordering system for my car to arrive. Must be about to go on a ship.

I now have a month of September on the ordering system for my car to arrive. Must be about to go on a ship.
Just got off the phone from my dealer. All their cars including my Jan Order are still showing TBA. Some of his orders go back to November. Maybe they are allocating cars to dealers in alphabetical order - my dealer is Westridge 😬

Just got off the phone from my dealer. All their cars including my Jan Order are still showing TBA. Some of his orders go back to November. Maybe they are allocating cars to dealers in alphabetical order - my dealer is Westridge 😬
LOL alphabetical that is my favorite theory so far.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom