• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Steaming up windows

Yes I have my pre heat set hi (24to26c) so if I use it when I get in to drive it stays on pre heat temp until I turn it down and yes pre heat uses auto as default so stays on last command till next changed
If I make any changes to the HVAC settings on the move, I am keeping a close eye on where the air is being drawn from !.
So, I hear people shouting "Well what's the use of the recirc setting if it mists up the car so quickly and do you ever use it ?".
YES - I do, but it does have it's right time and place though.

I always use the auto mode but take it out of comfort mode so more air flow and a decent temperature no steamy window problems

I don't have any major problems with misting myself TBH ?.
You just have to understand what settings gives you the best results I think.
Once you find your "Go To" settings then it behaves like any other car I have ever owned really.
Just remembered, if you have had the HVAC running and you then decide to completely turn it OFF in the info unit.
Then recheck which direction the air flow direction has defaulted back onto.
Nothing is running at this point, but if the air flow is still set to internal air, this CAN result in some misting.
With recirc turned OFF you have directed ambient outside temperature air into the cabin.
Reengaging RECIRC with HVAC turned OFF will close off the flow of external air from outside.

My favourite winter setting is "windscreen and feet". 20 degrees and fan rather low after a while. No misting and comfy. The middle part, especially the openings in the middle are awfully annoying, but might be good in summer. Got the car in September...

have applied rainx recently. Ran the demist with full heat throughout application. Applied three thick coats with blower still active then buffed with a clean micro cloth. It’s not irradiated the problem but it’s about 90% better. For a few quid may be worth a try for everyone.

have applied rainx recently. Ran the demist with full heat throughout application. Applied three thick coats with blower still active then buffed with a clean micro cloth. It’s not irradiated the problem but it’s about 90% better. For a few quid may be worth a try for everyone.
Found your problem 🤣
I run it (mostly) without the fan in eco and get around 4m/kWh daily

So had the car 2 months now and all the windows keep steaming up we're having to keep putting the vents on to clear it every 3-5 minutes,it's driving me mad,anyone else having the same issue,possible water getting in somewhere!
yes i have the same issue, i have to drive with the heater on window and the air con on at same time to stop it

yes i have the same issue, i have to drive with the heater on window and the air con on at same time to stop it

Check that the aircon isn't set to recirculate - I find that it defaults to this every now and again. With the aircon drawing in fresh air, and just a bit of heat, the car never mists up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom