Mg zs ev trophy long range ismart set up

It's in settings, you need to scroll to the bottom on the right hand side, I've recorded me getting to it of you're struggling.
20220203_180618.jpg

Edit - video here, apologies for the quality!

Last edited:
Wow …… I was not aware that any standard Trophy ( non IConnect model ) cars had reached the U.K. yet ?.
My local dealer has a white SE and like many other dealers, a full spec Trophy IConnect.
I suspect there will be few questions from potential standard Trophy 🏆 owners !.
Can I be the first one to ask a question 🙋🏻‍♂️.
What does the voice / command button on the steering wheel actually control ?.
On the Trophy 🏆 IConnect, this would be the button you press to voice command the sun roof open and closed and regulate the climate control functions.
My guess would be, it will still have limited features like responding to a request to call somebody from the contacts list in your mobile phone.
Otherwise, what is the point of having it ???.
I have just taken delivery of my Blue trophy last night having arrived in the dark. I have managed to connect my IPhone to the car, but was very surprised to find that no handbook is supplied, forcing you to try to read a 330 page book on IPhone screen. Gave up last night trying to access the MG pilot control screens and will try again today, but unlike my previous ev where they were easy to access I am currently at sea with them in a bewildering hierarchy of menus. No doubt will find the way but it is not easy.accidentally called emergency services in the darkness and had to apologise after accidentally pressing e button next to cockpit light switch.

Swipe across from the home screen and it's in the 'vehicle' menu, then you'll see it under the title MG Pilot.
Thank you. I did subsequently find out by asking but putting the system menu behind unannounced is pretty crazy for a car where you have to access the handbook online.
Not a good idea imho.

It was me who asked the question Monday. Putting the correct phone number gives the required code but then asks you to bind the car to the phone. A QR code reader comes up on the phone but no QR code on the car for it to read. There also doesn't appear to be any voice control. The MG spec definitely states there is ismart on all models although limited on the non connect ones. Pity there is not manual. I have the Trophy ( non connect model)
I have been told the manual is built in that is why there is no book with the car try setting to see if you can find it hope this helps.

We took a test drive in a standard Trophy not an iConnect model and the button on the steering wheel did nothing (still marked). Was a bit disapointing. Might be different when connected to a phone.
Yes, when you use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto and hold the button it allows you to use "Siri" or "Google Assistant".

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom