MG ZS EV Vehicle control fault as I was driving!!

cwilliams

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Took my MGEV 69 plate off charge at home all normal when I got round the corner the car started to judder then vehicle control fault flashed up in red followed by hv battery shut off just stopped completely in the middle of the road 🤦🏼‍♀️ thankfully two passers by helped me push it next to the kerb. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on??

Wild guesswork probably won't be much help.
Are the AA in attendance? If so they should have checked for fault codes.
Thank you my husband disconnected the 12v battery left it for 10mins then reconnected it after that it seemed to reset itself and has been fine since

Took my MGEV 69 plate off charge at home all normal when I got round the corner the car started to judder then vehicle control fault flashed up in red followed by hv battery shut off just stopped completely in the middle of the road 🤦🏼‍♀️ thankfully two passers by helped me push it next to the kerb. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on??
Same happened to me! AA couldn’t get the car started and towed it to a dealer. They have said there’s nothing wrong with the car! I’m refusing to take it back. I had only owned the car 13 days at the time. This has been ongoing since the beginning of November.

My mg zs ev did the same my car stopped working middle of January still waiting for them ro collect it to be fixed now I can't open the doors for some reason,lucky iam on motability they sent me a hire car out to use

I've been having similar and recurring issues for the last year on my 70 plate.

The reset trick has worked on occasion, but never for long. It's now on its second trip back to Longbridge for MG UK to poke and prod. It could be something simple, it could be something complicated, but I'd certainly consider hooking it up to a code reader to see if anything flags up. Being a 69 plate, I'd be taking it in to the dealers.

This is a trend ,mines a 71 plate has twice cut completely out the latest being on the motorway and has been in the dealer last 3 weeks .the dealer Macklin seem clueless and blaming software but imo it’s a real safety issue as engine just cuts out without warning and Aa/rac can’t sort it and just tow to dealer.mines on a lease so thinking of just getting shot .when I booked it in dealer couldn’t take it for 7 weeks so there are obv big problems with mgs this winter.

I can't open the doors for some reason,lucky iam on motability they sent me a hire car out to use
I have no doubt at all that the 12 volt battery, which is the heart of the car, is totally flat by now.
The battery will be that flat, it does not have enough energy to even trigger the central locking mechanism to open the car, I am willing to bet.
It can be opened manually by using the emergency key blade, that is stored inside of the key 🔑 fob remote of the car.
It needs the small plastic cover trim removing
behind the pull handle of the drivers door.
The locking barrel is under that trim piece.
Insert the emergency blade and turn it.
It will unlock the car and allow access.
The 12 volt battery will require a full overnight charge, or it could be SO flat, it may not even be recoverable by now and may need replacing in order to bring the car back to life.

Last edited:
I've been having similar and recurring issues for the last year on my 70 plate.

The reset trick has worked on occasion, but never for long. It's now on its second trip back to Longbridge for MG UK to poke and prod. It could be something simple, it could be something complicated, but I'd certainly consider hooking it up to a code reader to see if anything flags up. Being a 69 plate, I'd be taking it in to the dealers.
Thanks that's worrying so far so good going it doesn't happen again!

This is a trend ,mines a 71 plate has twice cut completely out the latest being on the motorway and has been in the dealer last 3 weeks .the dealer Macklin seem clueless and blaming software but imo it’s a real safety issue as engine just cuts out without warning and Aa/rac can’t sort it and just tow to dealer.mines on a lease so thinking of just getting shot .when I booked it in dealer couldn’t take it for 7 weeks so there are obv big problems with mgs this winter.
Engine?

Excuse my ignorance, but what does 69 plate mean?
I'm in Australia, haven't heard of this.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom