MG ZS EV Winter mileage shouldn’t be this bad though surely?!

sgt4hed

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
As you can see in the pic below I am showing a remaining range of 80 miles from 43%

Anyone else noticing this drastic of a mileage reduction?

For clarity this is a LONG RANGE Trophy, not a standard range.

97CA2FF4-A56C-4144-A639-55800631D890.png

Range depends as much on your driving style, and road types/speeds as it does the cold.
Long range on motorways is estimated, by MG, at 207 miles.
~186 miles you should be seeing at 100% isn't a massive drop for this time of year.

If you have got everything turned on then it sounds about right.
What's your m/kwh?

What the app is telling you is that the way the weather has been, the roads you have been driving on, and the way you have been driving, that is the mileage you can expect. Some people reset the trip counters and turn everything off to get a higher prediction, but that's not the true picture. :)

I accept that my range will drop by 30% in a cold winter.
Mine's a Gen1, 163 x 70% = 114 which is about what I'm getting (although the GOM says 140) without resetting anything.
For the Gen 2 I'd expect, 276 x 70% = 193 in Normal mode with no HVAC on.

Last edited:
ZS EV Gen1 Nov 2020 Mileage 15,000 (approx)

Winter months 3.0 miles/kwh
Spring/Autumn months 3.5 miles/kwh
Summer months 4.0 miles/kwh

These are averages.

My battery has degraded by 5% so usable capacity is 40kwh.

So, winter 120 miles, spring/autumn 140 miles, summer 160 miles. Mostly A and B roads. Journeys mostly less than 100 miles.

Never once have I come close to 4.0 be it summer or any other weather. I just don't understand how are people getting those numbers. I don't floor it, drive at normal speed limit without accelerating too much. Apart of driving 40 in a 60 zones I can't fantom how this is possible

A couple of times I have had 5 miles/kwh on journeys of about 40 miles in mid summer.

I try to drive as smoothly as possible without unnecessary acceleration or braking. I've certainly altered my driving style since getting the EV.

Never once have I come close to 4.0 be it summer or any other weather. I just don't understand how are people getting those numbers. I don't floor it, drive at normal speed limit without accelerating too much. Apart of driving 40 in a 60 zones I can't fantom how this is possible
I had to renew my train licence yesterday so driving in daylight for once on my drive home 30 miles Manley dual carriageway 1200 I felt the car was quite warm so switch off the HVAC completely using the physical button and when I got home 4.3 Mpkw so it's definitely possible

Hi, I have a 2022 ZS EV Long Range Trophy Connect, that is 8 months old and I've done 5,766 miles. I have been keeping track of my total charge and total mileage to work out the range.
I have tracked the range by time since purchase, month (to see if temp affects it) and also with total mileage. See attached.
I can't see my SoH as I couldn't get any of the dongles working with iOS. Comments welcome. I do small journeys to work and the odd journey of 200 miles around once every few months.

Total charge 1967 KWH
Total miles 5,766
Total % charge 2,617%
miles per KWh 2.9
Age 243 days

Attachments

• car1.PNG
    car1.PNG
    4.7 KB · Views: 63
  • car2.PNG
    car2.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 78
  • car3.PNG
    car3.PNG
    8.9 KB · Views: 78
For the first time since I got my car I hit 4 kWh/m today (over a 70 mile trip). Temps in double figures (10!) was the key.

LFP seemingly worse than batteries with cobalt in cold weather.

For the first time since I got my car I hit 4 kWh/m today (over a 70 mile trip). Temps in double figures (10!) was the key.

LFP seemingly worse than batteries with cobalt in cold weather.
The longer drive probably put some heat in them cells to

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom