Mg ZS long range what to ask

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I have asked the dealer for the battery report and he said something about a 16V battery report or full one? Not sure what the difference is although I have been asking for it since Friday and still waiting for the battery report and usage!

Is it easy for an MG dealership to get the battery report?

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I have asked the dealer for the battery report and he said something about a 16V battery report or full one? Not sure what the difference is although I have been asking for it since Friday and still waiting for the battery report and usage!

Is it easy for an MG dealership to get the battery report?
12V is the lead acid ancillary battery (same format as an ICE car).

The other battery is the huge 400V+ traction battery underneath the car.

It's the traction battery you want the health report on.

The ancillary battery is neither here nor there as it can be replaced for less than £100.

Last edited by a moderator:
12v is the lead acid ancillary battery (same format as an ICE car).

The other battery is the huge 400v+ traction battery underneath the car.

The ancillary battery is neither here not there as it can be replaced for less than £100.

Thank you! Is the reaction battery report easy to get for an MG dealership?

12v is the lead acid ancillary battery (same format as an ICE car).

The other battery is the huge 400v+ traction battery underneath the car.

The ancillary battery is neither here not there as it can be replaced for less than £100.
On the subject, just came across this in the manual - to maintain 12V battery health, the car should be in ready mode for half an hour once a week or battery should be disconnected ...

Thank you! Is the reaction battery report easy to get for an MG dealership?
When the car is submitted for its annual service, ensure you ask the dealer to produce a print out screen shot, of your traction battery SOH ( State of Health ).
This will clearly display the VIN number of your car. This will ensure 100% the report matches your car.

Just had the report through it has 97% battery but it has down over 30K miles
Is there anything which jumps out as concerning?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-09-14-55-39-06_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-09-14-55-39-06_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 43
Going to the dealership tomorrow and I will be checking they have unlinked the car & also checking that it is long range by making sure I can set the charging range to less than 100%

Is there anything else I should be asking?

SoH looks good.

Dealers should be providing that information front and centre alongside mileage for used EVs in future.

SoH looks good.

Dealers should be providing that information front and centre alongside mileage for used EVs in future.
Thank you! It would have been good if it was there from straight away but I imagine as EVs become more popular they will.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom