MG4 12v battery connector loose

Thanks. Haven't touched the app once and don't intend to. Hoping Caliban is safely asleep.
Why have you named your car Caliban, not the most complimentary of names

I was a little concerned when I was away for 11 nights in June. Especially as I was unable to check the car's status through the app as It was in a multi storey carpark with no signal able to get through.
I needn't have worried . All was absolutely fine . The car hadn't been moved and there was next to no discharge whatsover.
Mine is a phase 1 SE SR

ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY ( that's an order)!

Flaked out in the hotel right now after a day boat trip round the island with lots of swimming, a barbecue and visits to monasteries. I'm not using the app in case it drains the battery but hopefully it will be OK. My car is the same as yours.

Why have you named your car Caliban, not the most complimentary of names

First car, a 1985 Fiesta 1.1L, named Miranda - she who is worthy to be admired.
Second car, a 1993 Fiesta XR2, named Ferdinand for obvious reasons.
Third car, a 1998 Peugeot 306 GTi6, named Ariel to carry on the theme.
Fourth car, a 2009 VW Golf GTi Mk6, named Prospero, obviously.

I joked that there was only one name left so the next car would have to be Caliban. When my MG4 was handed over the dealer asked me its name when he was setting up the app and I just went for it. Maybe a sort of backhanded appeasement to fate.

A feral sullen misshapen creature!!

So if one is occupying the car for any length of time while it's parked, using the HVAC and the sound system (like I presume Bjorn did when he slept in the car at the Arctic circle) does one simply keep it in Ready mode? I assume it will do this?

Yesterday at Stafford Ionity there was a bricked/dead very new Porsche Taycan 4S being recovered with exactly the same issue and a 4 hour old Peugeot

Can happen to any car not just MG!
My brother in law had his Hyundai Kona 12V battery die and it had to be replaced. It was less than 12 months old.

My brother in law had his Hyundai Kona 12V battery die and it had to be replaced. It was less than 12 months old.
The Korean EVs had a big issue with their 12v batteries, a load of ev6's had issues

I have read several stories on here about dead 12V batteries killing the car completely. So I've invested in one of these...

Amazon product ASIN B015TKPT1A
which I keep in a case thats velcroed to the space under the bonnet. It will be enough to get the 12V battery going again and get the car started, unless of course the battery itself is faulty.
I am not saying these emergency jumper batteries are a bad thing, but be very careful where you store them and what quality they are. Had a friend leave one on front seat of his car and luckily after he left it for work others who knew him saw smoke coming from it and managed to smash passenger window and throw the battery out of the car!! Avoided a completely burnt out car. Some of these cheap jump-start batteries are cheap li-ion that can cause a lot of damage..

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back