MG4 Advert UK.

Buster72

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I notice that MG has just started to advise on UK TV.
It is obviously the Orange Trophy version. And it is probably the most understated car Advert I have ever seen.
Lasts for just a few seconds and is over in a flash. Blink and you will miss it.
But an advert nonetheless.
What do you think?

It's like these adverts for detergents and washing machine cleaners...done for the whole of Europe, UK included, add the spec may vary statement, ensure as little talking as possible to avoid lip sync issues to make it generic and cheaper...

It's like these adverts for detergents and washing machine cleaners...done for the whole of Europe, UK included, add the spec may vary statement, ensure as little talking as possible to avoid lip sync issues to make it generic and cheaper...
What ever made you think MG would do it on the cheap 🤷‍♂️

I heard there was a UK version planned but when the producer was given a copy of the advert specification he couldn't read the UK specific bit because there was a huge oil stain on the page. Just saying........ :sneaky:

Steven Speilberg was approached to do it and got all excited about doing another version of ET until MG explained it was about ET, Electric Transport and would only be 10 seconds long...he did pitch Raiders of the Lost Oil or BFG ( blooming faulty gearbox) to no avail

My question is why? Full order books and best seller. Why pay to advertise?

Steven Speilberg was approached to do it and got all excited about doing another version of ET until MG explained it was about ET, Electric Transport and would only be 10 seconds long...he did pitch Raiders of the Lost Oil or BFG ( blooming faulty gearbox) to no avail
UK advert would be like a carry on film

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel