MG4 Boot Stops

Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Anyone know if the rubber boot stops are adjustable for length? On my previous car you could simply rotate them to screw them in or out.
I've tried doing the same with the MG4 stops, but they don't rotate.
My boot lid doesn't align with the rest of the bodywork well.

Attachments

• PXL_20230212_160443430.jpg
    PXL_20230212_160443430.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 194
  • PXL_20230212_160606441.jpg
    PXL_20230212_160606441.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 203
Anyone know if the rubber boot stops are adjustable for length? On my previous car you could simply rotate them to screw them in or out.
Yeah I found that too, all previous cars you could screw them in and out to adjust but the these are fixed .

Almost looks like they’re in 2 pieces. Maybe loosen the torx and that will allow an adjustment?

Thanks for uploading the pictures, they perfectly explain your concern / issue !.
Yeah - You would expect the bump stops to be adjustable really ?.
But, after looking at your pictures the alignment between the rear quarter and the hatch back lid looks really good !.
But, iin turn if you kick out the hatch back lid any further, you then run the risk of having the hatchback lid, standing proud of the rear quarter panel, which could even look worse.
I think I can see that your concern maybe based around the larger gap between the edge of the hatch and the rear bumper cover is larger and you hope to make this closer.
Honestly, I think this wider ledge is placed there to increase the water drain off from the lager rear hatch.
Trying to push back the hatch back alignment here at this point, is likely to have a negative affect on the body lines / gaps above the highlighted area I feel ?.
Offering no means of adjustment at this point, pretty much tells me that is was not required some how ?.

Thanks for uploading the pictures, they perfectly explain your concern / issue !.
Yeah - You would expect the bump stops to be adjustable really ?.
But, after looking at your pictures the alignment between the rear quarter and the hatch back lid looks really good !.
But, iin turn if you kick out the hatch back lid any further, you then run the risk of having the hatchback lid, standing proud of the rear quarter panel, which could even look worse.
I think I can see that your concern maybe based around the larger gap between the edge of the hatch and the rear bumper cover is larger and you hope to make this closer.
Honestly, I think this wider ledge is placed there to increase the water drain off from the lager rear hatch.
Trying to push back the hatch back alignment here at this point, is likely to have a negative affect on the body lines / gaps above the highlighted area I feel ?.
Offering no means of adjustment at this point, pretty much tells me that is was not required some how ?.
It’s probably how it should be,

@Tig170 , actually looking at your rear end (oooer missus!), the alignment looks very similar to mine, except perhaps on the lower nearside. I'm beginning to believe that, as others have said, that the step is by design, not by mis-alignment.
I think @Lovemyev hit the nail on the head, as by adjusting out the step (if it were even feasible) would spoil the alignment of the upper portion of the hatch.

@Tig170 , actually looking at your rear end (oooer missus!), the alignment looks very similar to mine, except perhaps on the lower nearside. I'm beginning to believe that, as others have said, that the step is by design, not by mis-alignment.
I think @Lovemyev hit the nail on the head, as by adjusting out the step (if it were even feasible) would spoil the alignment of the upper portion of the hatch.
... nothing is perfect, especially ones rear end:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back