MG4London

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Here is our no build camper MG4.

I want to make the inflatable roof rack out or two bicycle inner tubes as talked about in the video then run a curtain on the inside roof rack

Any other suggestions?

Seen the price of those things?
£10k gets you an ancient thing that looks like an abandoned chicken coop, based on the chassis of a van that hasn’t been made in decades.
Anything semi-decent, outrageous money.
Yes, friends of ours bought a brand new Ford Transit and had it converted last year. It is a nice high spec but still was well over £50k and however nice is only transit sized inside.

Yes, friends of ours bought a brand new Ford Transit and had it converted last year. It is a nice high spec but still was well over £50k and however nice is only transit sized inside.
And they would find it hard to get away with stealth camping

The MG4 camper could get away with camping anywhere even where signs say no campers

I love the idea for the MG4, but Tesla has a heat pump, the basic MG4 has not. In summer it could be matched with a tent. Could also tow a teardrop caravan (but with economy issues ..)

I'm not sure how much difference the heat pump makes in practice. I intend to give it a try when the weather picks up a bit. (Spring is being very slow to come in Scotland this year.)

A few companies make camping kits or conversions. BMW/Mini did a few for various models in the range

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back