MG4 Carlinkit

I hate to say it, but I didn't have to do anything to get it working, other than connect to BT. I did update the firmware on the device, but it was working before that too.

The update for Pixel 6 still isn't available, all other Pixels have been released

In any case I've already returned it.

Going to try this instead, seems to be on offer right now.
I'm torn between this and the CarLinkit. Be interested to hear feedback if you decide to go for it, especially at that price :)

I'm torn between this and the CarLinkit. Be interested to hear feedback if you decide to go for it, especially at that price :)
OK quick update got this delivered today. Plugged it in the USB A slot, connected phone to it via Bluetooth and it worked straight away.

I've not been out for any period of time so can't comment on how stable the connection is.

One thing I have discovered over the last few days of googling is that you need to check that you have enabled Wireless Android Auto. Within the Android Auto app itself there is a hidden Developer Settings Menu where that option is hiding

OK quick update got this delivered today. Plugged it in the USB A slot, connected phone to it via Bluetooth and it worked straight away.

I've not been out for any period of time so can't comment on how stable the connection is.

One thing I have discovered over the last few days of googling is that you need to check that you have enabled Wireless Android Auto. Within the Android Auto app itself there is a hidden Developer Settings Menu where that option is hiding
Fantastic, thanks for the feedback 👍🏽

How's the responsiveness of the touch-screen?

Out of interest, what are you now doing to charge your phone?

I'm thinking to get a wireless charging mat to plug into the other USB port and place on the phone shelf
For me this is all a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist - ~£74 to do something which already works fine for me.

1678898458854.png

(That's a magnetic cable connector). :)

In my case I don't even need to plug in - it effectively does it itself when I put the phone on the shelf. :)

Hello! I'm having this issue with Carlinkit 4.0, is working great but I have an issue sometimes when I enter from MG system to the carplay section. I get this black screen until I move a little bit. It seems that is something related to the frequency sync or something like that.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 88 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back