MG4 Charging at a lower rate?

Pianoman

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Does anyone know whether it is possible to set charging of the MG4 at a lower rate?
We are new to Solar and I think my pod point wall charger only charges at one rate which is too high for my Solar so it takes power straight from the grid. I thought I heard someone mention on YouTube that you can choose how much power the MG4 will accept. (Not got my MG4 yet by the way, the pod point was for our ioniq) on a side note, we changed to the hybrid after 2 years because the range wasn’t good enough and at the time couldn’t rely on public chargers. ( that’s the short version lol)
I hope my question makes sense? Thanks everybody! 😁

Does anyone know whether it is possible to set charging of the MG4 at a lower rate?
We are new to Solar and I think my pod point wall charger only charges at one rate which is too high for my Solar so it takes power straight from the grid. I thought I heard someone mention on YouTube that you can choose how much power the MG4 will accept. (Not got my MG4 yet by the way, the pod point was for our ioniq) on a side note, we changed to the hybrid after 2 years because the range wasn’t good enough and at the time couldn’t rely on public chargers. ( that’s the short version lol)
I hope my question makes sense? Thanks everybody! 😁
You can set it to 6A 16A or maximum.

So 1.36kW, 3.68kW or 6.6/7.0kW (maximum depending on if you have the SR or LR)

You click on the battery bar on the infotainment and on the charging screen there's a drop down at the bottom

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 541 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back