MG4 Comfort has cabin vibration:(

I called my local dealer if vibration could be looked at under warranty and was informed they wouldn't know until they seen if they could replicate the issue then send to MG to approve, so would need to come in for a diagnostic check, cost of which £115+vat which I would be responsible for incase not approved by MG. Has anyone else had this if have issues that need investigating?

I also have the same vibration problems under the driver's seats! I had my 16 inch steel rims replaced without success. MG knows the problem perfectly but is playing for time to save time and tell us later, it is no longer under warranty! It's Aberrant. I am patiently waiting for Iagy's solution for the suspension cup, I also noticed that the gimbals that come out of the box have a slight vibration, could this be the problem?

I also have the same vibration problems under the driver's seats! I had my 16 inch steel rims replaced without success. MG knows the problem perfectly but is playing for time to save time and tell us later, it is no longer under warranty! It's Aberrant. I am patiently waiting for Iagy's solution for the suspension cup, I also noticed that the gimbals that come out of the box have a slight vibration, could this be the problem?
Can you explain me exactly

Can you explain me exactly
I have vibrations under the driver's seat from 120km/h.

I changed the rims to 16 inch metal rims. This did not resolve the problem.

I balanced all 4 tyres! This did not solve the problem.

I'm waiting for your solution on the suspension support! Have you fixed the problem?

MG is aware of the vibration problem, but they have no solution.

While testing the car with a friend, he detected play on the cardan shafts that come out of the gearbox! Is this what is causing these vibrations? I don't know yet, I'm still looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not resolved it.
Yes MG must know this problems and the others but is thinking only about money and sales.
I think that what you explain could be part of the problem.
Absurd that we are in this difficult situation!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

update: last week, I went a new local service ( for balancing ). he did the best, but no solution. I think to sell the car...

Attachments

• 6DD56D20-997C-4AEA-9E61-AA386E5FF185.JPG
    6DD56D20-997C-4AEA-9E61-AA386E5FF185.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 51
  • D9F244E3-C173-481C-80C0-40EA3C887022.JPG
    D9F244E3-C173-481C-80C0-40EA3C887022.JPG
    417.3 KB · Views: 57
Yesterday went to MG Verona (Italy) with MG official technician to hear me with my problems. He is totally indifferent to the vibrations and sound, answering me it is normal for all cars. I have a problem with my ears not the car. Incredible. So I and the last 10 tyre centres are all stupid.
I feel sound from 5 kph to 50 kph in micro road discrepancies when this goes under the rear axle but the sound maybe comes from the front of the car too. It is similar to a battery that jumps in the case or a silent block with neutral control no good.

A new incredible video is coming up from me and official MG Italy.
Customers, we are cavy to steal money.

Today, I went to another local tyre shop and service. Three people took a test (I, the boss and his master). When he (boss) was testing about 130km/h speed, he said that directly the tyres are humming. :( I mean, my problem was completely different. :( I don't understand, why these tyres are humming...

I have vibrations under the driver's seat from 120km/h.

I changed the rims to 16 inch metal rims. This did not resolve the problem.

I balanced all 4 tyres! This did not solve the problem.

I'm waiting for your solution on the suspension support! Have you fixed the problem?

MG is aware of the vibration problem, but they have no solution.

While testing the car with a friend, he detected play on the cardan shafts that come out of the gearbox! Is this what is causing these vibrations? I don't know yet, I'm still looking.
what had you do as test? can you call me to exchange idea?

Guys, search for a tyre shop who have a Hunter Roadforce balancing machine. This machine produces road messurement of the tyre!! It also sees if the tyre has a high spot hard spot!!! Bad production.
I did test on my 4 tyres ! 1 one was ok the other 3 were rubbish. They gave my under waranty 4 new tyres, the same brand but produced in France, no chinese rubbish.

Hello everyone,

Firstly, sorry for my bad english:/ hello from Turkey. I have a mg4 comfort (standard in Europe). Just for one week, when I'm driving, I feel a little cabin vibration about after speed 120km/h. Not steering wheel vibration, it is good.
All tyres havebeen balanced twice and no problem tires and rims.
I don't find any solution. I even bought new winter tires (continental wintercontact t870p), but there is no change :((
Hello starboy,

check out this link on Turkish page mg4 ev on eksisozluk.com

Person claims the dealer exchanged 16" steel wheels with 17" alloy wheels free of charge

That free play on the driveshafts certainly doesn't look normal to me.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back