MG4 compact/mini SUV

Nobbyplopps

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I have now seen a number of reviews refer to the MG4 as compact/mini SUV. What would you class it.
It’s weird, from the rear, up against my Ford Fiesta which is unmistakably a hatchback, I can see why one would call it a compact/mini SUV. Yet from the sides and front I can see why one would call it a hatchback.
Oh and yes I am bored and have nothing better to post 😂

It's a C-Segment car as per EV-database.org

A-Segment (Mini-Cars) = Fiat 500 / Toyota Aygo / VW Up!
B-Segment (Small-Cars) = Renault Clio / Toyota Yaris / VW Polo
C-Segment (Medium-Cars) = Ford Focus / Toyota Corolla / VW Golf
D-Segment (Large-Cars) = BMW 3 Series / Toyota Camry / VW Passat
etc...

It's a C-Segment car as per EV-database.org

A-Segment (Mini-Cars) = Fiat 500 / Toyota Aygo / VW Up!
B-Segment (Small-Cars) = Renault Clio / Toyota Yaris / VW Polo
C-Segment (Medium-Cars) = Ford Focus / Toyota Corolla / VW Golf
D-Segment (Large-Cars) = BMW 3 Series / Toyota Camry / VW Passat
etc...

It counts as a small car for my favourite hand car wash, so that's OK.

Yeah he called it an SUV a few times

He’s a tit
By way of illustration, here’s a photo of my born next to an A3 and and older Golf.
It’s no higher or spectacularly bigger than either of them.
Given we all define SUVs as riding/sitting higher than normal cars, he is clearly mistaken.
And still a tit.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpeg
    IMG_0072.jpeg
    647.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
He’s a tit
By way of illustration, here’s a photo of my born next to an A3 and and older Golf.
It’s no higher or spectacularly bigger than either of them.
Given we all define SUVs as riding/sitting higher than normal cars, he is clearly mistaken.
And still a tit.
Definitely an SUV 😉

Definitely an SUV 😉

If an A3 is as well, fair enough

See the test cars they get..has anyone noticed if they’re MG test fleet cars?
Is it the same reg all the time?
Like Porsche, who make it easier to spot their test fleet car by using the plate HUL 911.
Only wondering as them creaming themselves over the handling makes me suspicious.
The MG handled fine, don’t get me wrong, but the way they get carried away makes me wonder if the test fleet cars have suspension components and/or geometry settings from us mere mortals.
It’s nothing new, they’re all at it (Ford were famously caught out by one eagle-eyed journo at a press launch before - non standard shocks)

See the test cars they get..has anyone noticed if they’re MG test fleet cars?
Is it the same reg all the time?
Like Porsche, who make it easier to spot their test fleet car by using the plate HUL 911.
Only wondering as them creaming themselves over the handling makes me suspicious.
The MG handled fine, don’t get me wrong, but the way they get carried away makes me wonder if the test fleet cars have suspension components and/or geometry settings from us mere mortals.
It’s nothing new, they’re all at it (Ford were famously caught out by one eagle-eyed journo at a press launch before - non standard shocks)
As you say it's been going on for years. The only E type Jaguar that could do 150mph was the press car.

I have now seen a number of reviews refer to the MG4 as compact/mini SUV. What would you class it.
It’s weird, from the rear, up against my Ford Fiesta which is unmistakably a hatchback, I can see why one would call it a compact/mini SUV. Yet from the sides and front I can see why one would call it a hatchback.
Oh and yes I am bored and have nothing better to post 😂
Definitely a hatch hot ( sometimes hot )

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 534 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back