MG4 Delivery Updates

Stephen211297

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi Guys,

Im new here and ive put an order in about the 10th October i was told my car MG4 EV in white would be delivered by the 31st October. I haven’t got a delivery tracker or anything can someone confirm whats going on as the dealer now says she has no clue.

I'm in a similar boat (pun intended) ... I ordered mine on 08-Oct after selecting one of the forthcoming stock vehicles that this dealership group were expecting. The system showed a date of 21-Oct so we agreed a handover date of 26-Oct (today). As of yet the dealer has no idea when my car is going to arrive with them ... my suspicion is that 21-Oct may have been the dock date for the incoming boat. 🙄

I'm in a similar boat (pun intended) ... I ordered mine on 08-Oct after selecting one of the forthcoming stock vehicles that this dealership group were expecting. The system showed a date of 21-Oct so we agreed a handover date of 26-Oct (today). As of yet the dealer has no idea when my car is going to arrive with them ... my suspicion is that 21-Oct may have been the dock date for the incoming boat. 🙄
Would it be worth ringing to try and get some information or like a tracking number or are they not able to provide these as of yet?

Looking at other people who are getting cars that arrived on the 6th October at the dock it takes almost 3 weeks to get them sorted. Mine was on the Goodwood that docked on the 21st and dealer said it would be ready this weekend but is now saying it won't be. I reckon mid November is more likely and it gives them time to sort any issues.

I've a feeling mine may have been on the same boat, and the 21st on the dealer screen was the dock date rather than the dealer date. In the meantime I've cancelled the collection of my old company car.

I ordered mine on the 30th Sept and they told me between 8-16 weeks which I guess the earliest is November, December time.

I've a feeling mine may have been on the same boat, and the 21st on the dealer screen was the dock date rather than the dealer date. In the meantime I've cancelled the collection of my old company car.
Hopefully yours should become available for collection soon enough.

It's a dilemma - collect your new car when immediately available - drive at max 50mph, then look to return for oil breather fix post 'Mid Nov. release of parts'..

Last edited:
Hi,
Email from my dealer an hour or so ago

We have been told they are in the country and going through process, we don't get the full VIN until the has passed these checks, I have checked with out Admin supervisor and she has informed me that they are dropping in slowly, your car isn't there yet. She has made a note and as soon as she sees it she will let me know.

The Email from MG is that they are hoping to have them all on by Monday so they can be registered and to be fair to MG they arrive pretty quickly once they show on the system.

Hopefully not long to go then!

I've just had a catchup with my dealer and 'now pushed into next week' was the message. I highlighted that as the oil leak fix is due mid-November I'd rather wait for that ahead of collection. I am concerned about the lack of updates on the undertray fix in the forum though..
Any new collections checked for this or had anything from the dealers?

I was told SIAC guessed what people would buy & made accordingly. If you ordered what they guessed you'd get a quick delivery, if you went for a model / colour with higher than expected demand then you'll have to wait.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back