MG4 Delivery Updates

I ordered 7th October and have still not heard anything going to ring a few dealers tomorrow and see if they have any updates.
Be patient, your car would of been on the same ship as mine, you should hear very soon, my son ordered his before me from a different dealer, he's not heard anything from his dealer but knows it won't be long.

Did we ever get a way to actually track delivery/build etc ourselves?
I ordered my car through Octopus, I don't know what dealer they used, but they gave me an order number (10 digits, starts with 3000) - any way to actually find out what's going on?

Did we ever get a way to actually track delivery/build etc ourselves?
I ordered my car through Octopus, I don't know what dealer they used, but they gave me an order number (10 digits, starts with 3000) - any way to actually find out what's going on?
You could email MG and ask, quoting the order number.

My order through Tusker got given to Perry’s dealership to fulfil the order. Perry’s can’t give me any information at all so I phoned MG Head Office. They insisted that information only gets updated when the car arrives in the UK and is assigned to a dealer. I asked how other people know when their car has left China and which ship it’s on etc, the lady couldn’t tell me.

It's difficult to work out which is BS and which is a moveable truth. My dealer told me my car was built and waiting at the docks in China. A week later it was on a ship and due in Bristol at the end of February. I guess in a few days time I'll find out if his/MG's system was telling the truth.

It's difficult to work out which is BS and which is a moveable truth. My dealer told me my car was built and waiting at the docks in China. A week later it was on a ship and due in Bristol at the end of February. I guess in a few days time I'll find out if his/MG's system was telling the truth.
My understanding is that if it is a build to order then the dealer should be able to track it. If from allocation then they can't until it arrives in the UK and gets assigned to a dealer. After that they should know.

However, it depends if the computer system is working and if the dealer wants to give you that information. Port delays are unpredictable and some dealers prefer to say nothing until they have the car and it is under their control, to avoid customer disappointment.

So depends on car, dealer and day you call as to the answer you get.

My order through Tusker got given to Perry’s dealership to fulfil the order. Perry’s can’t give me any information at all so I phoned MG Head Office. They insisted that information only gets updated when the car arrives in the UK and is assigned to a dealer. I asked how other people know when their car has left China and which ship it’s on etc, the lady couldn’t tell me.
In exactly the same boat (excuse the pun) with Tusker and Perrys, just sitting and waiting with no one able to give any answers

Just had an update from my dealer and they can now track my order and apparently it is at sea and expected in Bristol in 2 weeks time.
Probably on the same ship as mine - the Garnet Ace which is currently due to dock at Portbury on 10th March.

The next port of call is Livorno.

Ordered Blue Trophy MG4 23rd Feb was told by Stoneacre MG that should expect my order in 12-16 weeks but closer to 12 so around 18th may. Got a message from them via carwow later in day and if anyone can translate the meaning pls do as I'm head scratching also just recieved another interesting message both attached:

Attachments

• EB00D1BD-34E5-40A5-9347-73CB9479A36D.jpeg
    EB00D1BD-34E5-40A5-9347-73CB9479A36D.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 521F4736-5D51-42C8-A843-490862375859.jpeg
    521F4736-5D51-42C8-A843-490862375859.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 105

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%