MG4 Door card removal?

Diggsy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Does anyone have a guide as to how the door cards are removed from the MG4?

Don’t see anything obvious and don’t really want to force it and break something.

I need to remove the front passenger door card to see what’s causing my rattle!

Thanks

Does anyone have a guide as to how the door cards are removed from the MG4?

Don’t see anything obvious and don’t really want to force it and break something.

I need to remove the front passenger door card to see what’s causing my rattle!

Thanks
Same here for my rear door.

I've had both rear door cards off mine to fit speakers. What I would say is the clips are slightly unpredictable regarding how easy they'll let go.
Some pop out of the inner door steel quite willingly but some hung on for their life and risked cracking the door card.
For the difficult ones, I lay on the ground with a torch and long screwdriver and pushed at the 'barbs' of the clip to release it from the inner door metal. If you break a couple they're readily available on e bay or amazon for a few pounds, better than damaging the door card.

I've had both rear door cards off mine to fit speakers. What I would say is the clips are slightly unpredictable regarding how easy they'll let go.
Some pop out of the inner door steel quite willingly but some hung on for their life and risked cracking the door card.
For the difficult ones, I lay on the ground with a torch and long screwdriver and pushed at the 'barbs' of the clip to release it from the inner door metal. If you break a couple they're readily available on e bay or amazon for a few pounds, better than damaging the door card.
That’s great, thank you very much. Useful to know this information before potentially wrecking the card

That’s great, thank you very much. Useful to know this information before potentially wrecking the card
Did you get to the bottom of your rattle? I was out in my SE SR yesterday and encounted a rattle. Nothing in the storage space so may need to remove the card as well. Any info much appreciated. Thanks.

Did you get to the bottom of your rattle? I was out in my SE SR yesterday and encounted a rattle. Nothing in the storage space so may need to remove the card as well. Any info much appreciated. Thanks.
Afraid not. I started prising the door card off at the bottom then stopped when I realised I wasn’t sure how to remove it and haven’t revisited since. What I did notice though is the worst of the rattle has disappeared, which makes me think either the door card wasn’t properly seated or there was maybe a very small piece of broken plastic behind it that fell out when I started prising it.

I didn’t see anything lying on the ground, so I’m not sure about my theory. What I did also notice though is that the very bottom of the A pillar really rattles something shocking if you tap it. So much so that I suspect this could have an affect on the rattling noises I hear. Investigation continues…

Afraid not. I started prising the door card off at the bottom then stopped when I realised I wasn’t sure how to remove it and haven’t revisited since. What I did notice though is the worst of the rattle has disappeared, which makes me think either the door card wasn’t properly seated or there was maybe a very small piece of broken plastic behind it that fell out when I started prising it.

I didn’t see anything lying on the ground, so I’m not sure about my theory. What I did also notice though is that the very bottom of the A pillar really rattles something shocking if you tap it. So much so that I suspect this could have an affect on the rattling noises I hear. Investigation continues…
Appreciate the info thanks.

What is a "de-icing scraper tool"? Is it something to remove seagull poo? 😉
Something like this. :)

1693849481280.png

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member