MG4 Emergency procedures

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
In the user manual under emergency headings it shows "changing the spare wheel " which of course it does not have. Having not received my car yet, and not being observant enough on the test drive , does the car come with a jack and wheel brace? If so how is it possible to raise one of the rear wheels and rotate it . I,m guessing that it would have to be in neutral and manually switch off the handbrake but leaving the car powered on. Yes I have chocked the front wheels! Would the car automatically switch off after a period of time and apply the handbrake ?
This method would make fixing a rear puncture easier as you could locate the affected area and place it at the lowest point before applying the sealant , also giving the tyre an easier time when reflating especially if the bead has come away from the alloy.
Or is it easier to ring MG assist????

264 views and no one knows if a jack and wheel brace is included! Are there problems with the boot lock / handle which have not yet been reported. When mines delivered I,ll inform everyone.

264 views and no one knows if a jack and wheel brace is included! Are there problems with the boot lock / handle which have not yet been reported. When mines delivered I,ll inform everyone.
From the Quick guide
1677060542665.png

I currently have a ZSEV and I bought a VW 'get you home ' wheel & jack set after a side wall blow out - gunk no good for that . Does anyone know if the bolt centres are same on MG4 as the ZS?

The car has no jack or wheel brace because there is no wheel.

Its been said elsewhere on here that a mk5 on golf space saver fits.

So ive speculated by buying a s/h wheel and jack kit for a golf. Car arrives tomorrow. If i get a chance over the weekend i will check if the golf wheel fits. Bought on ebay with the addition of a nice fitted bag to store it in with the jack and brace

If it doesnt someone on here is going to get put right on the original thread ! 😫

The Golf spare worked on the MG5 but I think you also needed vw nuts as they have a different profile somehow to the MG ones as they contact the wheel

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back