I live at 800 feet and have to go down to go anywhere, often more or less to sea level - then back up again. Today I was seeing -1ºC to +4ºC.

(I wish I had taken a photo to prove this, but) yesterday I had 49% SOC and the range showed 115 miles. This is not unusual, but I do live in East Anglia which is not exactly hilly! I am getting 4.5-4.8 mls per kWh, in summer, 5.2.
Please do post a picture showing the long-term average. This is impressive economy but people are sceptical of claims without supporting evidence - especially whether people achieve them over a long distance (ie over 100 miles).

Hey there, new to forum. What is the MG4 EV SR real life range? I have the 51kwh battery version and believe the stated range is 218 miles? I don’t seem to get anywhere near that. More like 160-170 at best. I have a 60 mile commute round trip and this will sometimes bring the battery down to 65%. Does this seem overly bad? I’m trying to use Eco mode and not drive it like I stole it, use ACC etc.
Wait for the summer, be over 200 miles

Hey there, new to forum. What is the MG4 EV SR real life range? I have the 51kwh battery version and believe the stated range is 218 miles? I don’t seem to get anywhere near that. More like 160-170 at best. I have a 60 mile commute round trip and this will sometimes bring the battery down to 65%. Does this seem overly bad? I’m trying to use Eco mode and not drive it like I stole it, use ACC etc.
Hi, I have been driving MG4 51kwh for 2 months now. Most of it are only city driving. My best is around 220-250kms (137-155mi) at 100%. Temperature is normally at 3-6 C here during winter (sometimes drop below 0 deg).

Please do post a picture showing the long-term average. This is impressive economy but people are sceptical of claims without supporting evidence - especially whether people achieve them over a long distance (ie over 100 miles).
I must have an exceptional craft or else the onboard computer is faulty!

I must have an exceptional craft or else the onboard computer is faulty!
I presume the flatness in your area won't hurt either. Anybody care to speculate how consumption might vary between East Anglia and say Wales ?

To fill in some of the guesses I was thinking of journeys where around 10 % of it was using regen and no braking is required.

Last edited:
Don't worry it's pretty common with All EV cars, not just MG .I have an MG 5 LR which is 250 miles average in the Summer. But in the Winter you get about 210 in the winter which is classed as pretty good. Your Heater is the biggest bug bear in the winter, the shorter time you have it on the more miles you will get. I have bought a plug in separate 12 v fan heater 10 amp 12v DC. That gives me up to an extra 20-25 miles per full charge and it will clear you screen and just take the chill off the car. But face it side ways not forward and keep it a reasonable distance from your screen . Make sure the fan is a good make and well reviewed. I only use this fan when I do long journeys to save having to stop for an EV battery charge on the way .Your car heater can lose 5 miles range, having it on for 5 mins. .!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel