MG4 EV - what's your favourite colour? Vote in the poll.

MG4 EV - what's your favourite colour?

• Arctic White

Votes: 38 12.4%
  • Holborn Blue

Votes: 49 16.0%
  • Black Pearl

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Camden Grey

Votes: 60 19.5%
  • Volcano Orange

Votes: 80 26.1%
  • Dynamic Red

Votes: 64 20.8%

• Total voters
The Fully Electric show in Sydney had 2 MG4s on display in Mar 2023. A red one with 17" wheel but the Trophy split spoiler. And in a quieter location in the show, a grey one. Both colours look good in the flesh. I initially thought an Orange one would be the way to go. But looking back I've owned a lot of white cars (Valiant V8 station wagon, Honda Pro T City, Porsche 928S4, VW Golf and my current Polo) and always found white easy to live with. So my gut is telling me white. In Australia the first shipments are about to arrive. It would be easy to pick a colour if you had stock to look at. Black and blue are out for me!

From memory, sitting in the cars in Sydney, you see very little of the outside paint colour. You might see the outside mirror on the drivers door but not much else. The grey and the red both contrast well with the black interior. Interior wise I've always liked black carpets. Everything in the MG4 is black including the head lining. It's not as oppressive as the Astra's we used to get here a few years ago. The cars on display in Sydney, the red one had the black paint on the roof. Initially I thought this was a panoramic roof looking at it!

Last edited:
IMG_8135.jpg

The grey is really nice, will post an update pic once I've cleaned it properly

I do rather like the Dynamic Red, but I'm not a fan of the orange. However, when I saw the Holborn Blue my first reaction was, oh, that's nice. When I realised it was a "free" colour, it was even nicer. I like blue cars, and it's the only blue. I've usually gone for a metallic blue in the past, but with the Holborn Blue it was "why would I pay extra not to have that?"

It was just my good luck that what my dealer had hiding out the back ready to be prepped was a Holborn Blue SE SR, which was exactly what I wanted, so after he spent some time trying to persuade me first to buy a Trophy and then to buy an SE LR, he fessed up. Caliban was mine five days later!

I like the orange and red is drop dead beatuyful, White Trophy is very nice but the Andes grey (almost the same as camden) is the colour that is almost always sober and elegant (orange needs sunlight to pop, and red is a little bit dull).
When ordering we went with team grey and our Luxury is Andes grey.😊

I spotted this muted green on the Tok and I think it's svelte.

Alas I fear it's only available in China (dubbed the Mulan).

I suspect the 4x range will offer more lairy colour options, including that loud lime.

I'm mostly mg4 window shopping atm, I'd probably opt for the Red as the missus isn't keen on the default blue.

Continues to dream...
Screenshot_20230609_143329_TikTok.jpg

I'd have maybe taken an orange if I could have but opted for the grey with the choices I had available. Glad I did - it looks subtle and quite classy and as someone else said earlier in the thread, goes well with the black side panels. Saw the blue in person and does arguably look better (to me) than the photos I had seen previously. 😉

People were speculating whether there is more than one blue colour, because it looks different in different photos. There is a series of photos in a thread somewhere - possibly the "Show Us Yours" one, where they really look different. However, there is only one blue paint shade and it all seems to be down to the light.

I always saw mine as the lighter shade from the photos, but looking at the car the other day I really saw it as the darker, more mauve sort of blue. I don't know what governs this, possibly how high the sun is?

I had a choice of orange or blue (in stock) and wasn't keen on blue.
My first choice would have been grey or red, I feel like a bit of a hooligan with my bright orange (puts baseball cap on back to front) :LOL:
200.gif

An early Irish video review had the throwaway comment, "you,ll have difficulty with people letting you out of junctions with the orange version." Is this because of the political references to that colour in Ireland , even though its in its tricolour.
Do you choose a colour to reflect your football team you support or not choose one which is reflective of your nearest rivals?
Would you be swayed by the thoughts or perceived thoughts of others ( negative or positive ) ? Or does none of the above apply, The psyche of colour choice is pretty interesting , the European colour pallet MG have given us is totally different to the Chinese market, would you prefer one from that range?
Is there a colour from any other car you think would suit the MG4?
I,ve gone Orange.

Well, as far as I know, the Irish tricolour was designed to portray the two sides, green and orange, separated by the white of peace. However, the history is there. There are places in Scotland (Larkhall, cough, cough) where I'd think twice about going in that car too.

ETA, because I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
Well, as far as I know, the Irish tricolour was designed to portray the two sides, green and orange, separated by the white of peace. However, the history is there. There are places in Scotland (Larkhall, cough, cough) where I'd think twice about going in that car too.
I did not know the Irish flag history, so thank you , should have done my research!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back