Not open for further replies.

aamer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi ,

Just buy my MG4 on 10th April 2023.
MG4 disappoint me from first day..regret to buy it and warn other peoples plz don't buy this shit car..just waste on money ..MG range claim is totally bullshit ..want authorities to investigate their range as its not even near by as MG claim..its real range for 64KW/h is around 170-180 most of driving in city and 10% on motor way at speed around 50 miles.

It's rear demister is NIGHTMARE , TAKE AGES TO DRY THE FOG..CABIN LIGHT IS JOKE..ALL OTHER CABIN INTERIOR IS NOT CHEAP BUT ITS TOOOOOOOO CHEAP...REGRET TO BUY ...TOTALLY BULLSHIT ALL MG CLAIMS DONT TRUST THEIR FIGURES...FEELING REGRET, REGRET,REGRET ...WASTE OF MONEY

Hi ,

MG4 disappoint me from first day..regret to buy it and warn other peoples plz don't buy this sh*t car..just waste on money ..MG range claim is totally bullsh*t ..want authorities to investigate their range as its not even near by as MG claim..its real range for 64KW/h is around 170-180 most of driving in city and 10% on motor way at speed around 50 miles.

It's rear demister is NIGHTMARE , TAKE AGES TO DRY THE FOG..CABIN LIGHT IS JOKE..ALL OTHER CABIN INTERIOR IS NOT CHEAP BUT ITS TOOOOOOOO CHEAP...REGRET TO BUY ...TOTALLY BULLsh*t ALL MG CLAIMS DONT TRUST THEIR FIGURES...FEELING REGRET, REGRET,REGRET ...WASTE OF MONEY
Good job you did your research before buying it then.

Hi ,

MG4 disappoint me from first day..regret to buy it and warn other peoples plz don't buy this sh*t car..just waste on money ..MG range claim is totally bullsh*t ..want authorities to investigate their range as its not even near by as MG claim..its real range for 64KW/h is around 170-180 most of driving in city and 10% on motor way at speed around 50 miles.

It's rear demister is NIGHTMARE , TAKE AGES TO DRY THE FOG..CABIN LIGHT IS JOKE..ALL OTHER CABIN INTERIOR IS NOT CHEAP BUT ITS TOOOOOOOO CHEAP...REGRET TO BUY ...TOTALLY BULLsh*t ALL MG CLAIMS DONT TRUST THEIR FIGURES...FEELING REGRET, REGRET,REGRET ...WASTE OF MONEY
Something tells me you are not entirely happy. Can't put my finger on it.

I remember my first pint as well 🤪

I somehow doubt the legitimacy of this post..

In order to prove it, please take a picture of yourself with your car whilst standing on one leg, whilst simultaneously holding a copy of today's newspaper, and a creme egg.

Then there shall be no doubt.

Hi ,

Your choice of language and some typing in ALL CAPS (which on the internet is considered SHOUTING and rude) will not convince people that you are correct, speak with authority or are to be respected. Quite the opposite.
And I have given you a warning for your childish insult in post #3 which will further alienate people against you.

Imagine walking in to a pub and yelling at the top of your voice how bad the pub is and nobody should drink there. How many people would listen to you and how many people would be happy if you just turned around and walked out?
You are going to have to modify your tone and choice of words to create a reasoned argument if you want to engage with this community.

It feels like you did very little or no research before spending a lot of money, which will get you little or no sympathy from most people, but there is a valid point, here about WLTP vs real world range and the expectations of people who buy without researching. Let’s face it, there is an argument that people shouldn’t have to do lots of research before buying an EV. I’ve never done significant research before buying an ICE car.
And it’s maybe worth discussing the points about demisting and the cabin light which some members might want to address specifically.

Last edited:
I remember my first pint as well 🤪

I somehow doubt the legitimacy of this post..

In order to prove it, please take a picture of yourself with your car whilst standing on one leg, whilst simultaneously holding a copy of today's newspaper, and a creme egg.

Then there shall be no doubt.
Lets please not show the disrespect that the OP has earned.

Your choice of language and some typing in ALL CAPS (which on the internet is considered SHOUTING and rude) will not convince people that you are correct, speak with authority or are to be respected. Quite the opposite.
And I have given you a warning for your childish insult in post #3 which will further alienate people against you.

Imagine walking in to a pub and yelling at the top of your voice how bad the pub is and nobody should drink there. How many people would listen to you and how many people would be happy if you just turned around and walked out?
You are going to have to modify your tone and choice of words to create a reasoned argument if you want to engage with this community.

It feels like you did very little or no research before spending a lot of money, which will get you little or no sympathy from most people, but there is a valid point, here about WLTP vs real world range and the expectations of people who buy without researching. Let’s face it, there is an argument that people shouldn’t have to do lots of research before buying an EV. I’ve never done significant research before buying an ICE car.
And it’s maybe worth discussing the points about demisting and the cabin light which some members might want to address specifically.
I've done considerable research every time I've bought an ICE car, always looking into things like reliability, fuel efficiency and performance. I believe EVs are the same, if you don't research things you'll be left disappointed as you've probably created a false image in your head that what you are about to buy is the best thing for you.

As for OP, the style of driving impacts your real world range quite a bit as it would for ICE cars as well.

Some people have replaced the front courtesy light bulbs with LEDs which makes them bright enough to illuminate the rear. Others have added stick on LED battery rear lights which apparently work well.

I've not had an issue demisting the car, using AC and the rear demister, it could be that you have water getting into the cabin which is causing this: check for damp carpets, some people have had misaligned door seals and issues with windscreen sealing.

On range, check you have Intelligent Battery Heating off, I get 225 miles at the moment, but this is heavily influenced with how you drive.

The trouble with research is, like those who bought the first iteration of the MG4, you won't uncover issues until they start happening to you. That said, as people started posting about the oil leaks and other problems they encountered, this passive research prompted me not to buy the MG4. I do, of course, appreciate that others have had problem-free cars.

Maybe need to put him in touch with the Megan E-tech chappy 🤔
The OP is obviously frustrated and definitely came at this in the wrong manner, instead of some people piling in on him and basically telling him to leave the forum, which isn't new for here unfortunately!

As some are trying to do, let's try and do what this place is really good at and explain things and point out ways to help.

Telling an already frustrated and unhappy person to leave isn't going to encourage any kind of constructive conversation

Hmmm. Research.

I got my car on 13th April, so only a few days after the OP. I haven't had the opportunity for most of the things he's complaining about to happen to me, but I presume he's driving the car a lot more than I am at the moment. (I've done one 80-mile joyride but apart from that I haven't been more than three miles from my house. Off to Edinburgh at lunch-time though!)

I only decided I would have to replace my damaged Golf on 31st March. I knew nothing about electric cars at that point. I managed to watch enough reviews of the MG4 on YouTube to understand the differences between the models, the different ways of charging it, and what range I could realistically expect (as opposed to the headline figures) within a few days. On 4th April I booked a test drive, for 8th April. I loved the car to drive, and decided that whatever minor niggles it might have, I'd come to terms with them because of the value for money, the looks, and the generally good specifications. I got the car on the 13th, as I said.

This was quick, but there is so much information out there that it's well within the capabilities of anyone to learn a bit about what they're buying before they buy it. In particular to find out about the practical range.

I did ask the dealer if the SE SR model was likely to be able to do a round trip of 100 miles in freezing conditions on one charge and was assured that this was perfectly feasible. That will get me to Glasgow on a freezing winter evening for a theatre performance and back home without having to find a chargepoint. (Though I have sussed out where the chargepoints are on my return journey just in case I need a few extra miles for safety.)

I've got a slight rattle in the glove box area, and I'm still learning about all the different screens and buttons, but I struggle to imagine how this car can have pissed someone off in only a week to prompt a rant like that.

Last edited:

I think that's the point, had the OP come on here to ask specific question or provide constructive feedback I'm sure he would have received help and equally constructive opinions however his very first post on this MG4 community board was a shouty rant about the car that actually quite a lot of us really like and enjoy.

I think that's the point, had the OP come on here to ask specific question or provide constructive feedback I'm sure he would have received help and equally constructive opinions however his very first post on this MG4 community board was a shouty rant about the car that actually quite a lot of us really like and enjoy.
He is not the first and won't be the last to come on and rant/vent, do we just tell everyone with a bad experience/doesn't like the car (for whatever reason) to beat it

He is not the first and won't be the last to come on and rant/vent, do we just tell everyone with a bad experience/doesn't like the car (for whatever reason) to beat it
Would tend to agree there is a place for ranting / venting, but I don’t agree that a community forum is the place to do it, and it can also be done in a much better manner.

No one on here has the ability to address some of the issues the OP is ranting about, as they do not have any link or connection with MG, other than being owners / potential owners, or past owners in some cases.

I think if the OP had came into the forum and asked for help or advice in a constructive manner, and gave their opinion based on their experience, rather than shouting about it, it would have been not only well received, but would also have gathered reasonable responses too. To come on here with the attitude of a petulant child will only serve to alienate them in all honesty and most on the forum will have no interest in helping or offering any advice.

A lot of the issues with this car appear to be software based, which, whilst niggling, aren’t really deal-breakers. Yes, some have had awful experiences, but even they haven’t resorted to this type of behaviour.

I think there should rightly be an acceptable standard for this forum, the same way as there would be for any public space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums