MG4 first service charging issues

I don't think so. The manual says all the way on a "slow" charger, which we interpret to mean an AC charger. Also, people have also pointed out that you should leave it low for a wee while (an hour or two) to let the car get a good look at the low SoC before starting to charge.

I've started running mine down for its third go at this, although it will take a fair few days, especially since the weather has suddenly got a lot warmer and I'm suddenly seeing miles/kwh numbers I literally haven't been near since September. My Zappi and solar are due to be fitted in two weeks and I thought maybe wait till I have faster AC charging available, but considering the complications some people talk about with these systems, maybe better do it the simple way this time and learn gradually. Also, I want to do it before I set off on that long road trip in three weeks, to make sure the GOM is as accurate as possible.
I have a Zappi charger and use it to charge my MG4 Trophy, the car has only ever been charged on DC once in almost a years ownership! I usually charge to 80% and then to 100% if we have a longer trip the following day so I guess my battery has been doing balancing without my awareness! Thanks for your reply, appreciated.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back