MG4 Front Air Intake

NickB

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I have a MG4 77 and when stationary the air intake doors below the front license plate are closed. Never even thought that there was an air intake function. Yesterday, just after parking it I walked back up the driveway and saw the air intake open and shortly after all the little doors closed. I saw a little radiator beyond the open intake doors and assume this is to either cool the batteries or part of the air conditioning heat pump. I looked in the owner's manual and there was no mention of the air intake functions, and how it operates. Does anyone know or is there a source of information on the inner workings of the MG4. Thanks

I have a MG4 77 and when stationary the air intake doors below the front license plate are closed. Never even thought that there was an air intake function. Yesterday, just after parking it I walked back up the driveway and saw the air intake open and shortly after all the little doors closed. I saw a little radiator beyond the open intake doors and assume this is to either cool the batteries or part of the air conditioning heat pump. I looked in the owner's manual and there was no mention of the air intake functions, and how it operates. Does anyone know or is there a source of information on the inner workings of the MG4. Thanks
On the LR and ER the active grille only opens when cooling is required as this helps improve efficiency of the car by reducing drag.

On the SR the grille is permanently open

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel