MG4 front bumper

BingBong

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I did a little accident, any idea how much it should cost?

1000114873.jpg

That doesn't look repairable, so probably a new front splitter is needed, hopefully the splitter comes separate from the bumper, if it does probably not that big of a job. As for cost, who knows, phone MG for a price. 😶👍

There’s some good advice in this thread:

View attachment 24220
Its a little scratch - just live with it, or try to repair yourself - Ive a few similar battle scars (one on wing, another on bonnet), which have managed to repair 99% back to factory (for less than £10) - in all cases you have to be brave and sand back (paint or plastic), then blend back in - these 2 on panels are almost invisible - but I have had 10 years of DIY experience of what works best for each scratch

IMG_5458.JPEG
IMG_5457.JPEG

Last edited:
Hardly a "little" scratch. Fair enough it's not major either. Good luck with sanding that back that back and blending it in. Can't really compare those marks you've shown, with the OPs damage. And as for living with it, God no, definitely not. 🙂

Hardly a "little" scratch. Fair enough it's not major either. Good luck with sanding that back that back and blending it in. Can't really compare those marks you've shown, with the OPs damage. And as for living with it, God no, definitely not. 🙂
Maybe we have different expectations - but that is a little scratch for DIY repair (if needed), otherwise you are into £'100s to £'1000s from a "professional". - why would you bother to fix this? - it still works (y)

View attachment 24220
It is the left hand side, the salvage MG4 I bought recently has the right hand side destroyed. Find out if that part is available from the dealer at a reasonable price, if it isn't, I'll have a look at how hard it will be to get that section off my vehicle and maybe we can come to some sort of deal and I'll send the repair piece to you.

Be warned, that bumper bar is heavy, this video if helpful if you need to remove/replace it

T1 Terry

Maybe we have different expectations - but that is a little scratch for DIY repair (if needed), otherwise you are into £'100s to £'1000s from a "professional". - why would you bother to fix this? - it still works (y)
Fair enough. But sorry personally couldn't live with that, I'm a tad OCD with me cars,
and like them to be spot on. 🙂

As it is already damaged could you find some supplementary DRLs to fit. Cut out the plastic and make ( or get someone else to make) a shroud to blend them in , an auto electrician could wire them into the existing DRLs or headlights, do both sides for symmetry. Your MG would be then unique.(y)

As it is already damaged could you find some supplementary DRLs to fit. Cut out the plastic and make ( or get someone else to make) a shroud to blend them in , an auto electrician could wire them into the existing DRLs or headlights, do both sides for symmetry. Your MG would be then unique.(y)
Ah the old “paint it white and call it a feature” ploy eh? I love it.

Had a quick look at the front bumper when I was up at the workshop yard, I'm guessing it is a complete replacement bumper from the dealer and it would require someone who was quite skilled in the repair department to remove the left hand side of the skirt through to the centre piece as the active air scoop is all part of the lower bumper section and it is tab welded connected to the upper bumper. By that I mean, the ends of the plastic tabs in the lower section fit through slots in the upper section, then they are melted to weld the two together. Not an impossible job, but maybe effecting a plastic repair using some of those You Tube techniques might be easier .... I guess it depends how stiff the insurance excess is .....

T1 Terry

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel