MG4 Front MG badge

Bridub

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I know there is a black mg badge on Ali express for the mg4 but does this replace the front badge or just stick on over it?

Is the front badge removable as I might look at having it painted or wrapped in black instead of having another badge stuck over it.

I’ll be getting the car detailed, ceramic coated and pdf on the front and mirrors, possibly the rear light bar as well, as it’s black and as people have said the paint is already very soft.

I haven't bought one (yet :unsure:), but others have said that it covers the original, stuck to it.
You may be able to soften the glue of the original by heating it (suggest a hairdryer rather than a blow torch though ;)), to then remove it.

I haven't bought one (yet :unsure:), but others have said that it covers the original, stuck to it.
You may be able to soften the glue of the original by heating it (suggest a hairdryer rather than a blow torch though ;)), to then remove it.
Yeah I’ve debadged my Leon (that awful cursive badge) and it’s easy enough to do, getting it centred and back on would be the hard thing!

I wonder is it just stuck on or are there pins to locate it on the bonnet.

I'm still on the fence as to which I prefer but as I've got chrome sill protectors and door catch covers in my MG4 accessories box I'll probably keep the chrome.

Black badge on the orange is definately worth doing.
badge2.JPG

It is mine thanks.
The badges arrived within 2 weeks but i had ordered other stuff too so was able to use the 15 day delivery they offer on some stuff with Ali Express.

Just ordered one (y)
@stevie211 , is that your orange Trophy? If so, how long did the badge cover take to come from China?
Can't say with certainty how long a badge cover will take but my experience with AliExpress is 95% of anything ordered turns up within 10 days and the other 5% within 2 weeks. Never had to wait as long as they quote.

I ordered my badge on the 9th Jan along with other stuff and the badge didn't turn up until the 13th Feb, after the other stuff.

I know there is a black mg badge on Ali express for the mg4 but does this replace the front badge or just stick on over it?

Is the front badge removable as I might look at having it painted or wrapped in black instead of having another badge stuck over it.

I’ll be getting the car detailed, ceramic coated and pdf on the front and mirrors, possibly the rear light bar as well, as it’s black and as people have said the paint is already very soft.
Sounds like you’ll be spending a lot of money on protecting your motor, I would make sure your happy with it first / don’t need to reject it like some members have.

I’ve had my grey mg4 se since launch and although it’s been back to the garage for several issues I feel it’s settled into being a good fun car now.

However it’s a non prestigious car and it’s used as a every day family wagon so I won’t be spending hundreds / thousands trying to protecting it, no point in worrying about the odd stone chip / minor scratch as they will always happen. I do like to keep my car clean inside and out but that’s it for me.

Sounds like you’ll be spending a lot of money on protecting your motor, I would make sure your happy with it first / don’t need to reject it like some members have.

I’ve had my grey mg4 se since launch and although it’s been back to the garage for several issues I feel it’s settled into being a good fun car now.

However it’s a non prestigious car and it’s used as a every day family wagon so I won’t be spending hundreds / thousands trying to protecting it, no point in worrying about the odd stone chip / minor scratch as they will always happen. I do like to keep my car clean inside and out but that’s it for me.
I’ll be doing a full inspection before I sign any papers on it, if there’s swirls on the paint, or the plastics particularly the rear light bar I’ll be getting them to correct it.

Mine will be a daily driver too, the detail and ceramic coat is only €450 and the ppf for the front and mirrors will likely be the same, I’ll also be looking to have the rear light bar done as it seems to attract scratches!

I generally keep my cars for 2-3 years before changing so keeping them in good condition helps with the trade in value, so I won’t see the paint protection as much of a loss to me in the long run

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back