MG4 hasn’t charged overnight again…

I think that was the chargers rather than the cars. It isn't a problem anybody else has been reporting.

So easily done isn’t it. Just been out in Maggie my SE SR (until next week) and thought No, I’m being harsh coz she starts every single time and just scoots off like syrup smooth, however even with 80% charge (only 55 miles ) I hit the bypass and lo and behold (after checking nothing intelligent was switched on 🙄) power limited sign
Bye bye Maggie

It seems such a shame. Caliban has never done that, even when only on 5% charge. Did you go through the process that seemed to sort this out with a software update for other people?

Only use the ohme app, once set up, you'll never need to touch anything again - simply plug in, and dont touch anything in the car or app. The car will charge overnight at your selected cheap rate time (it will charge whether its locked / unlocked), and be ready to go the next morning - never had an issue in 16 months.

Please help I’m at my wits end with this car. I can live with the bugs that make the radio erratic, the travel news twice the volume of the radio, the Apple play not work on occasion, the black screen after adjusting the temperature and trying to return to Gmaps, I concede that some of these might be a setting I have yet to find, but the car keeps not charging on random days. Down to 21% at the end of my journey yesterday, scheduled for 10pm - 6am 100% target. This morning 28%. It seems worse since V2 of the App. The charger is an Ohme with no schedule set. Finally, the rear near side window was open this morning??? Good job it wasn’t p#sing down!! Aargh!!
Hi
I just use the ohme app not the car schedule works fine for me.
regards

Please help I’m at my wits end with this car. I can live with the bugs that make the radio erratic, the travel news twice the volume of the radio, the Apple play not work on occasion, the black screen after adjusting the temperature and trying to return to Gmaps, I concede that some of these might be a setting I have yet to find, but the car keeps not charging on random days. Down to 21% at the end of my journey yesterday, scheduled for 10pm - 6am 100% target. This morning 28%. It seems worse since V2 of the App. The charger is an Ohme with no schedule set. Finally, the rear near side window was open this morning??? Good job it wasn’t p#sing down!! Aargh!!
Wow, sounds like a "Lemon". Suggest requesting a replacement from Dealer.

I have an Ohme Home Pro charger and encountered the same problem recently.

The fix was to add a scheduled departure time to the Ohme App.

It didn’t need a schedule in the Ohme App until recently. I’d say it’s Ohme that’s changed something in the App.

Also unhelpful is the bug in the Ohme App that since the iOS17 update for Apple products results in the decimal point in the price cap not working. We’re on Octopus Agile so being restricted to setting only whole numbers is costing us money.

Ohme have said they’ve no idea when the bug will be fixed.

I’d say they’re the weak link here and not the car.

Ohme’s customer service has got progressively worse over the past 3 years. Now it takes days for them to respond on messages, the replies demonstrate they’re not reading properly the messages they’re sent and sometimes they don’t reply at all.

Had an an Ohme Go previously which, like so many other people’s, mysteriously stopped powering up one day close to its third birthday.
Proved uneconomical to repair so that was £250 in the bin.

If you want to see where Ohme are at at the mo, just filter down to the most recent reviews in the Apple AppStore.

Anyway, a scheduled charge window in your Ohme App should fix the issue.

Ohme’s customer service has got progressively worse over the past 3 years. Now it takes days for them to respond on messages, the replies demonstrate they’re not reading properly the messages they’re sent and sometimes they don’t reply at all.
That's a shame to hear. My experience of Ohme technical support, last August was very good. There was a problem with the car rejecting the charge when Intelligent Octopus gave it a little blast in the evening, then a gap, then resumed at 11pm. They looked at logs, to which they have access, diagnosed the problem, adjusted a setting that fixed the problem for good.

Scheduling through the Ohme app and intelligent octopus go works like a dream. I bought the ohme charger years ago for my old bmw plug in hybrid.

I’m getting a GivEnergy home battery and solar setup next month so will have to figure out how to manage charging the car during peak hours and preventing the battery discharging during the that time… any thoughts?

I can always manually override it or charge during the fixed off peak hours i suppose.

Scheduling through the Ohme app and intelligent octopus go works like a dream. I bought the ohme charger years ago for my old bmw plug in hybrid.

I’m getting a GivEnergy home battery and solar setup next month so will have to figure out how to manage charging the car during peak hours and preventing the battery discharging during the that time… any thoughts?

I can always manually override it or charge during the fixed off peak hours i suppose.

Most people either set the battery to not discharge in the IO main window but any additional slots you will drain the battery.

Or the other way is to have the EV on its own DB and position the CT so it doesn't know about the charger

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back