MG4 Headlights ( Spanish I think Luxury Model—UK Trophy )

Reaction score
Driving
MG5

Also if you look carefully you can see trough the windscreen the light coloured interior.
MG appear to be letting the European countries have light coloured interiors the MG5 has also got a light interior in Europe but we in the UK get boring black in everything.

Last edited:
We can have light grey interior in Norway as well for an extra cost. But to me it is too light, it would get dirty too fast for me. Something in between would be ideal.

Extra cost is same as the extra cost for paint (orange, red etc). And it all ads up for an budget EV....

Hi Lillemy, thank you for your response I would be happier with the light interior and to pay for it but it’s not even offered in the UK in any model which is a pity really.
Les

Last edited:
Same here in Spain
grey.jpg

Hi memo, and welcome to the this MG forum, thank you for your picture very nice and bright looking that is, a suppose someone at the design stage of the MG4 decided that the very dark and dismal black everything we get in the UK MG4 went better with the weather we have compared to yours in Spain.
Les

That looks like an orange car - in the uk that’s only available as a trophy and with black interior and half faux-leather. Like the orange accents on the seats that contrast the body colour. The UK hardly ever gets that many options…

Last edited:
Hi memo, and welcome to the this MG forum, thank you for your picture very nice and bright looking that is, a suppose someone at the design stage of the MG4 decided that the very dark and dismal black everything we get in the UK MG4 went better with the weather we have compared to yours in Spain.
Les
Haha! Maybe, although you wouldn't say that if you had visited us in the last few weeks as it's just been grey skys, thunder, lightning and rain, lots of rain, albeit at 25⁰C and the showroom comfort model (your SE) that we sat in Friday was all black inside and out, definitely does NOT look good in black, at least inside a showroom. Ian

That looks like an orange car - in the uk that’s only available as a trophy and with black interior and half faux-leather. Like the orange accents on the seats that contract the body colour. The UK hardly ever gets that many options…
Yes it's a picture (it's a screenshot of the Spanish websites photo) of a Luxury model (your trophy), I do believe it's an orange one. Yes here this light grey interior is only an option on the Luxury model. The dealer informed me that whatever the external color chosen, that orange highlight on the seat is the same in the light grey interior. Hmm! 🤕. Ian

Are they as competitively priced in Spain?
At the moment I would say better priced, The luxury (Trophy LR) is probably the better value here.

UK, SE SR (£25,995 todays ex rate is 29,875€) here 29490€
UK, SE LR (£28,495 todays ex rate is 32,748€) here 33,490€ here has 11KW AC charging
UK, TR LR (£31,495 todays ex rate is 36,195€) here 35,490€ here has 11KW AC charging + heat pump

All spanish versions can opt for all colours plus silver (uk £695 todays ex rate is 798€) here is 650€
Luxury here has option of light grey interior (650€)

but these spanish prices do not include type 2 cable (314€), Preentrega (399€) or Registration (350€)
ON the other hand at moment there is a MG motors discount on all above car prices of 1210€.

and of course Spain still has a rebate on buying an electric car, on this car that would be 4500€
and if you scrap a diesel of more than 10 years old another 2500€. Plus for me another rebate of 500€ because i live in a mountain village of less than 5,000 inhabitants.

Mind you this is spain so you will have to wait for them to hopefully give you that money back so i am told 1 to 1.5 years time 🤕.

Ian

Hi guys, I'm the creator for that video. Any question?
Hi I’m the guy who put the video onto this forum and thank you for making the video excellent,I was just wondering if there’s an English audio version by any chance anywhere.

I also put a video on here which shows the MG4 underside which at the moment in the UK we are all watching our cars and looking under them daily for a fluid leak, I say fluid because at this time nothing has been proven as to what the fluid is or where it is coming from that also had Spanish audio on it but thank you again and a very warm welcome to the forum.
Les

At the moment I would say better priced, The luxury (Trophy LR) is probably the better value here.

UK, SE SR (£25,995 todays ex rate is 29,875€) here 29490€
UK, SE LR (£28,495 todays ex rate is 32,748€) here 33,490€ here has 11KW AC charging
UK, TR LR (£31,495 todays ex rate is 36,195€) here 35,490€ here has 11KW AC charging + heat pump

All spanish versions can opt for all colours plus silver (uk £695 todays ex rate is 798€) here is 650€
Luxury here has option of light grey interior (650€)

but these spanish prices do not include type 2 cable (314€), Preentrega (399€) or Registration (350€)
ON the other hand at moment there is a MG motors discount on all above car prices of 1210€.

and of course Spain still has a rebate on buying an electric car, on this car that would be 4500€
and if you scrap a diesel of more than 10 years old another 2500€. Plus for me another rebate of 500€ because i live in a mountain village of less than 5,000 inhabitants.

Mind you this is spain so you will have to wait for them to hopefully give you that money back so i am told 1 to 1.5 years time 🤕.

Ian
Thank you IAN for your posting, very interesting, it just confirms for-me anyhow that the buyers of EVs in the UK are once again getting the short end of the stick when buying an EV.

Also Well done to the Spanish government for their encouragement to get people to scrap there old cars, old diesels in particular can only be good for the people and the planet, the UK government ditched any incentives here in the Uk Ho sorry except one which is we don’t pay Road Tax on a full BEV but for how long no one knows, but the way the UKs financial situation is at the moment it won’t be long before that goes as well in my opinion.
Les.

Last edited:
Thank you IAN for you posting, very interesting, it just confirms for-me anyhow that the buyers of EVs in the UK are once again getting the short end of the stick when buying an EV.

Also Well done to the Spanish government for their encouragement to get people to scrap there old cars, old diesels in particular can only be good for the people and the planet, the UK government ditched any incentives here in the Uk Ho sorry except one which is we don’t pay Road Tax on a full BEV but for how long no one knows, but the way the UKs financial situation is at the moment it won’t be long before that goes as well in my opinion.
Les.
Yeah! Always has seemed that way with any car in UK. I remember when people used to go to France and buy their cars and then import them to UK. There was, if I remeber correctly companies who used to do it for you and you still got a cheaper car/better specs etc than buying from UK.

Well it will only be a matter of time as to when EV's are charged as much as ICE. They will need to replace there lost ICE revenue at some point.

Ian

Yes it's a picture (it's a screenshot of the Spanish websites photo) of a Luxury model (your trophy), I do believe it's an orange one. Yes here this light grey interior is only an option on the Luxury model. The dealer informed me that whatever the external color chosen, that orange highlight on the seat is the same in the light grey interior. Hmm! 🤕. Ian
UK Trophy cars all have blue stitching on the seats, no matter what colour the car is.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back